Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Dec 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Hi Guys

I will send my letter to the above mentioned shadow minister. We really have been treated very badly haven't we? This situation truly stinks.
It is a fact that not one of us on this thread would have spent a cent on our visa applications if we had know the plug was soon to be pulled on the investment for bonus points option. We are not talking about peanuts here $5000 plus is a lot of money for someone earning SA rands and other currencies. And then to tell us to go for medicals as well!!!! It is flipping daylight robbery. We paid almost R3000 for medicals for our very healthy little family just to jump through yet another meaningless hoop for the visa. Why the heck (censored) did they tell us to go and do the medicals a couple of months ago????
We have been treated in a truly roughshod manner here - what happens when the IELTS and medicals expire? We have been waiting almost TWO YEARS NOW!!!! I think this whole immigration thing is a huge money making racket for likes of the government (no application fee refund even if the Aus side does not meet its end of the bargain by making the investment facility available) the British Council (sorry guys but it's the truth) with their ridiculous fee to sit an exam (even for people who are obviously fluent in the language and with degrees in the same) and the local doctors who have a steady stream of business and charge the earth, all thanks to the program.

Last edited by lyse; Dec 13th 2008 at 5:30 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyse
We really have been treated very badly haven't we? This situation truly stinks.....

We have been treated in a truly roughshod manner here
Yes, you have and yes it does. This reflects really badly on Australia in my view, maybe not because of the initial problem, which no-one could have foreseen, but the way in which it has subsequently been dealt with (or rather not dealt with). The impression does seem to be that they hope you will all give up and slink away and that's really not right or fair.

I hope it is sorted soon and positively for all you guys.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

gere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nicegere is just really nice

Sorry to hear that Investment Bond is still lingering on. You have my deep sympathy.

Those of you who meet the test points of visa 175, have you asked the minister or DIAC to convert your application from 136 to 175? If they agree, the converted visa should be fast tracked.

I guess this should be a fair and just option for applicants who meet the visa 175 requirements and there will be no need to wait for the official resolution which is due in the future.

My best wishes for a quick and fair resolution for all applicants.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your sympathy towards affected applicants are indeed appreciated.

To those who have send letter to Dr Sharman :- Thank you very much

To those who are in process to send email :- Write you own story and mention all the points what you think relevant.

To those who haven't thought so far - It is still not late.

"Unity is Strength"

I'll send all important documents to Dr Sharman and follow this up with her. Once, she satisfy and show interest in our story I am happy to go to her office and see her personally and discuss my story. But we really need at-least some more emails to be sent. As far as I know, only 6 of us have sent email and 3 in process.

I agree with lyse, we have done enogh to approach in gentle manner now its time to go aggressive. Few weeks ago I posted letter sent to Minister by one of the migration agent in a strident tone has not created any impact on Govt. I think it is unfair - they took my money and rather than giving it back they ask to reapply so that they can get $2000 again.

They have different sort of ombudsman for different industry For example telecommunication ombudsman (If consumer calls ombudsman with an issue, ombudsman charge certain amount to company without looking into issue, it doesn't matter if its consumer's problem, misunderstanding of policy or consumer wants to get our of contract).

But if Govt do exactly same thing, Ombudsman cannot do anything. Believe me this ministry is so inept and it is periodic issue with ministry since long time.

This is not first example of pending files, they have done it many times before, just search on the internet you will see some opened story like us. Once Govt. kept an Iraqi in prison for more than 19 months because case was pending on Minister's desk. Court order minister to take decision within 90 days but minister did not follow court's order and delayed decision. Then Court order Minister Evans to come up with decision in less than 4 days of time and that time he was forced by the court. Recently Minister Evans has to change his decision in German Doctor's case due to pressure from Media and Shadow Minister, he took six month for not to decide anything and then at last he had been forced again. This is what we are dealing with!!!

So if you are one of the victim and this delay causing problems in your life, you should send email to Dr. Sharman.

Thank you
SanKan1

Please spare some time and send your story to shadow minister.

http://www.sharmanstone.com.au/Pages/Contact.aspx

Last edited by sankan1; Dec 14th 2008 at 3:27 am.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sankan1

We should also direct the shadow minister's attention to the petition. I will let you know once I have sent my e-mail to her.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Selah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyse
Hi Sankan1

We should also direct the shadow minister's attention to the petition. I will let you know once I have sent my e-mail to her.
As I have said to Sankan1, I have sent my letter to Dr. Stone and I have also asked my inlaws in Adelaide to write as well. I included my outrage at being sent for medicals and incurring roughly $8,000 in total so far.

Selah
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Keep up the good work everyone is doing in their own way.

This issue will languish on the minister's desk and our lives will remain in limbo.

We have to keep striving and not let this issue fade away. I have also written to Dr. Stone.

Sankan1, kindly include the online- petition and some of the comments expressed on this forum when you send the relevant documentation to Dr. Stone.

I think nothing will happen on this matter till early Feb (X'mas/New Year/School holidays).
Old Dec 14th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

"Migrants to Keep Coming"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...00-601,00.html
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the moral support Louie, Grere and Elton John, much appreciated.
Actually, despite my earlier hopeless ranting, there surely must be hope of a resolution. After all, DIAC could easily have just declined all our applications and given any arbitrary reason for this, so at least as the present situation stands there is still hope. I think what has been most frustrating is that we have not been given any timeline and any 'solutions' coming out of DIAC have so far not been helpful for most of us, especially those averse to reapplying.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've send almost all documents to Dr Stone's office and called her office too. Sounds positive. I'll call tomorrow as well just to push the issue ahead.

SanKan1
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

I have sent my story via e-mail to Dr Stone. Let's hope for the best guys. I really would like to go and live near my sister in the Gold Coast in the near future. Have always done the comfortable thing and lived in the same city for the past 19 years!!! So, time for a change. Come on DIAC, be fair, resolve this issue now.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

From Iscah.com (Dec08 newsletter):

7) $100,000 Investment Issue

Just drags on and on….

In all fairness the performance of DIAC and the minister has to be brought into
question on this issue after a year of putting thousands of people’s lives on hold.

The latest information we have is that a trial has been arranged whereby a $100,000 investment has been made for a visa applicant affected, and a test of whether DIAC will accept the terms and conditions as meeting the requirements for the extra 5 points. News shortly.

If this does not work then the various state governments have got plans in place to look at a slightly amended investment that may meet the requirements. They are also waiting to see how the trial runs.

(Source: MIA and State Treasuries)
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

More information Iscah has gleaned from this thread, no doubt...
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:43 am
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point

It just repeats the contents we discuss, along with more "certainty" than we agree on...
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...83-662,00.html

Not much good news. Australia is going to cut down the number of cookery and hair dresser overseas students for applying PR in 2009.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.