Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

daneekhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Hi everyone,

Please refere below and tell me if anyone knows that will the new priority processing affect 880 skilled applicants who have already made Capital Investment before 23rd of september. I made the investment on the 11th of August 2009 and i was waiting for a grant letter. PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME AND TELL ME ABOUT THIS NEW THING---------------

Updated Priority Processing
Effective from 23 September 2009
Frequently Asked Questions
The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain Skilled Migration visas. These arrangements are designed to better address the needs of industry by targeting skills in critical need across a number of sectors. The current priority processing Direction commenced on 23 September 2009.
The Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been finalised, and to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, on or after 23 September 2009.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:49 am
Just Joined

I have spoken to DIAC and they advised me that my application is subject to INTERNAL CHECKS, i paid the bond on the 11-08-2009 and my vis subclass is 880, i am from PAKISTAN, can anyone please tell me if these internal checks are just routine checks?? and what exactly are they all about and how long do they take to finalize?????????? please anyone reply me i have been leaving these post from a very long time now without any response GEORGE if you are reading this please reply.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Yea Finally I have received my PR. Thanks to every one who were really helpfull in this forum specially George, sakan, kewan........It was the end of a long journey.hopefully every one get their deserved visa ASAP as promised by DIAC.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

How long did it take you to get ur PR can you please tell me about you complete time line
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

bigpond is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Hi don't be frustrated. Your visa is on the way I believe. I lodge investment 3rd September..confirmation send to DIAC 11 September...Visa Grant 01 October..All together 4 weeks.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:10 am
Just Joined

I am not gettin frustrated BIGPOND but the problem is that i lodge the investment on the 11th of august and still no news
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:52 am
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Its been a long time since my last post on this forum. After 4 long years we have been finally been granted our 136 visas and have just booked our flights with Emitrates (27/5/10). We intend spending 5 days in Melbourne and then a further 16 days in Perth (Part Recci, Part Holiday). Can anyone advise suitable accommodation (Perth) ideally 3/4 bedrooms furnished in a decent sort of area. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

tyde is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear your positive news - so happy for you and all others who have managed to overcome this issue. Enjoy your trip! I know the relief you feel as we also managed to find a way to still get our visa despite the capital investment trauma! Congrats!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 5:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrens1
Its been a long time since my last post on this forum. After 4 long years we have been finally been granted our 136 visas and have just booked our flights with Emitrates (27/5/10). We intend spending 5 days in Melbourne and then a further 16 days in Perth (Part Recci, Part Holiday). Can anyone advise suitable accommodation (Perth) ideally 3/4 bedrooms furnished in a decent sort of area. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Congratulations!!
MAybe put a post on the main Australia forum about the accommodation etc, I'm sure people on there can help
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Congratulations to everyone getting their visa.

The bond issue has meant a very long and stressful time for you all. It still sends shivers down our spine just thinking about the anguish of when the bonds were withdrawn.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:12 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it's time for a designated investment reunion :-)

This was probably the longest and most passionate thread in the history of British Expats - sadly none of us realised just how much worse it was going to get for many due to the changes over the last 15 months, and that the Department would be exercising exactly the same degree of arrogance, even to the point of "killing" thousands of applications from before 1 September 2007.

Darren was your application at risk of being killed? Why did it take so long?

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

thwee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi George,

I have reapply on 21/07/2008 on family sponcerd 176. when i will be here a good news..............

Tks,
thwee
Old Apr 19th 2010, 2:43 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Sounds like it's time for a designated investment reunion :-)

This was probably the longest and most passionate thread in the history of British Expats - sadly none of us realised just how much worse it was going to get for many due to the changes over the last 15 months, and that the Department would be exercising exactly the same degree of arrogance, even to the point of "killing" thousands of applications from before 1 September 2007.

Darren was your application at risk of being killed? Why did it take so long?

Cheers,

George Lombard
The feedback I was given was that I was one, if not the last one of the pre 2007 applicants to be issued with their Visa. This came through a very reliable source The reason it took so long was probably to do with a number of contributing factors all of which were out of my control