Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Another day has gone in vain. Well, what can I say. Last week I went to a job interview. When the manager asked my PR status, I said my VISA allowed me to work for full time. She kept questioning on the VISA type that I held. I didn't panic and started telling her the story and explain why I stuck with Bridging VISA for more than a year. Afterwards, it took up almost 10 mins to finish this simple question which I must clarify carefully.

It is absolutely humiliated. And I don't show much confidence when they compared my profile with others who has obtained PR.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Hi Kenwen

It must have been awful, I know how irritated I am with having to explain the situation to every colleague and aquaintance who asks me about our visa application and why we have not left for Australia yet.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Hi Lyse, thanks for your warm comfort. You should know how we felt. Is just that sometimes you work so hard but objectively things turn out as the other way round. I have spent 4 year studied in the UNI (which is called self development and cost fortune) and my career is now ruining because of this.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:20 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Hi Lyse, thanks for your warm comfort. You should know how we felt. Is just that sometimes you work so hard but objectively things turn out as the other way round. I have spent 4 year studied in the UNI (which is called self development and cost fortune) and my career is now ruining because of this.
News Flash from the Migration Institute of Australia:

Advice on $100,000 designated investment
The National Office of the MIA has been conferring with DIAC on the Designated Investment issue to obtain advice on resolving the impasse on this matter. We are now pleased to be able to provide the advice we have received.
As many of you are aware, there are currently many GSM applicants who have claimed 5 bonus points by declaring their willingness to make the specified $100,000 investment, but whose applications are languishing in limbo because the four state government authorities have withdrawn from the designated security scheme. The four authorities are: New South Wales Treasury Corporation; Queensland Treasury Corporation; South Australian Government Financing Authority; Northern Territory Treasury Corporation.
It is still possible for those visa applicants to make the $100,000 investment in one of those designated securities, without waiting for a letter from DIAC inviting them to make the investment.
DIAC advice is that if an applicant wants to pursue the option of claiming the 5 bonus points for a designated security, the applicant must show evidence that the investment meets the requirements of Regulation 2.26(2):
•- the investment matures in not less than 1 year from the date of issue;
•- repayment of the principal is guaranteed by the issuing authority;
•- the investment in the security cannot be transferred or redeemed before maturity except by operation of law or under other conditions acceptable to the Minister [there are currently no such conditions identified];
•- the investment in the security is open to the general public at commercially competitive rates
•- the Ministers is satisfied that the Commonwealth will not be exposed to any liability as a result of the investment

Further comment later.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

My hunch is that this means evidence of a suitable investment of A$100k with (say) the QTC, even if not called a Designated Invesment, and even if not supported by a completed form 1134, will facilitate the desired outcome - ie granting 5 bonus points.

Fingers and toes crossed ...

Best regards.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Selah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard

The National Office of the MIA has been conferring with DIAC on the Designated Investment issue to obtain advice on resolving the impasse on this matter. We are now pleased to be able to provide the advice we have received.
As many of you are aware, there are currently many GSM applicants who have claimed 5 bonus points by declaring their willingness to make the specified $100,000 investment, but whose applications are languishing in limbo because the four state government authorities have withdrawn from the designated security scheme. The four authorities are: New South Wales Treasury Corporation; Queensland Treasury Corporation; South Australian Government Financing Authority; Northern Territory Treasury Corporation.
It is still possible for those visa applicants to make the $100,000 investment in one of those designated securities, without waiting for a letter from DIAC inviting them to make the investment.
DIAC advice is that if an applicant wants to pursue the option of claiming the 5 bonus points for a designated security, the applicant must show evidence that the investment meets the requirements of Regulation 2.26(2):
•- the investment in the security cannot be transferred or redeemed before maturity except by operation of law or under other conditions acceptable to the Minister [there are currently no such conditions identified];
•- the investment in the security is open to the general public at commercially competitive rates
•- the Ministers is satisfied that the Commonwealth will not be exposed to any liability as a result of the investment

Further comment later.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Dear George, I'm sure this will be clarified but I am officially confused (not taking much these days.....)Will this be an official announcement from DIAC or something we need to pursue individuallly?

Thanks!

Liz
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by George Lombard

Further comment later.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George,

Thanks for your inspiring post. To us it is like a cardiotonic!!!!

I check MIA's site but I couldn't find the same news. I guessed either it is too new or otherwise I am not a registed agent to be able to log in the system.

Anyway, is that mean applicants can just require designated bond without any official announcement from DIAC? What if someone hasn't been allocated CO?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received email from my agent stating

"Finally Good News, Capital Investment 100K Treasury are reopened today for 5 points for your PR"

Don't know what to say...still confusing !!!!

Does that mean.... Resolution is soon !!!

Last edited by sankan1; Nov 18th 2008 at 7:46 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

WOW!!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Selah is an unknown quantity at this point

We got an email from our agent today as well - cautiously optimistic!!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:15 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Hi George,

Thanks for your inspiring post. To us it is like a cardiotonic!!!!

I check MIA's site but I couldn't find the same news. I guessed either it is too new or otherwise I am not a registed agent to be able to log in the system.

Anyway, is that mean applicants can just require designated bond without any official announcement from DIAC? What if someone hasn't been allocated CO?
Hi Ken,

This has come to MIA members only, that's why you haven't seen it before.

I'm happy to offer a clinic tomorrow morning to anyone needing an explanation - please just call us after 10am on _61-2-97990085 - of how this might work but the critical issue is that the money needs to be completely tied up for 12 months. Obviously you and Sankan have the first two slots if you want them.

Alan's guess that this is a way around needing a form 1134 is correct.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:28 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

I would imagine that this is good news to a number of us applicants who have been in limbo for in excess of 12 months. This is certainly a positive move forward. I can now discuss options with my agent and get back on track with planning my future.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

I am waiting for an official announcement from DIAC or the minister, not prepared to sell my house here until there is some rock solid certainty that the bond scheme has been re-opened and that my CO now wants us to make the investment because everything is in order.
I am hopeful, given the source of the information this time, that this is going mean good news for us all very soon.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

p031642 is on a distinguished road

Greate news , what a relief. It finally comes.

All the best to your investment and visa grant.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Benaud is on a distinguished road

This is extremely exciting news for those of us who can invest!

I have also received the same news from my Agent today. They are telling me that I can go ahead although it has not been officially conveyed by DIAC. I too am cautious and would ideally like this to be shown on the DIAC website! I also find it strange that they are now saying these States will accept the investment if we meet this criteria....what has changed from before? Since Sept 2007 this option was taken away from us and no State would entertain it at all regardless of meeting certain criteria or not!

I would hate to progress this and then find out that DIAC feel we should not have done this until its official and then throw out the visa completely!

A further point, how sure are we that if we invest this money now that it will be safe and the points secured?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.