Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Originally Posted by overseasstudentsunitenow
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH dOLPHIN007 THE AGENTS ARE TRYING TO RIP US OFF !!! they made enough money when the $100K investment Rule Existed ( They made min $25000 from each Overseas student those who were unable to deposit $100K then),The Migration Agents are still pressurising the Australian Govt to bring the $100K rule back to Ripp the remaining 890 Overseas Students, This will never happen !! My agent totally misguided me he insisted me to Deposit $ 100k, but after filing the application I came to Know that I was Eligible under the New rule IELTS as I have scored more than 7 bands each and I have studied 21 subject (2.5 Years) in this country. .I am facing this situation due to these Migration agents. I respect George , He is an exception George is a good agent and he Knows about the hardship the international Students face in this country and I am also sure that George will be one of the happiest person if we get our visa without any further conditions .International students in this country suffer the most as dolphin007 mentioned in his post, We invest more that $35000 on our school Fees , + Visa fees to come and study here, Work hard to pay off our fees and after all these this is an extra burden if we want to stay and work here ,I still have hopes on our Immigration Minister Mr Chris Evans , And I am sure he will Wave off the 5 points Requirement and Grant us the Visa Soon
I would be very careful before you make generalised allegations about agents ripping you off. There are many agents on this site, some of whom ahve done a great deal of work on this issue, and who have helped with suppying imnformation to their clients and on the public forum whenever they could.
If you have an issue with a particular agent I suggest you take it up in private with that person, and if they are MARA registered, then address it through the proper channels.
Migration Agents do not make government policy.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A few words of advice to some people on this thread.

This is a very contentious issue and has been dragging on for some considerable time now. BE has no problem with the continuing discussion and the airing of reasonable views on the matter. However we do not wish the thread to turn into a rant, with content such as unsubstantiated allegations about the behaviour of migration agents. We are fortunate on this forum in that we have a lot of agents giving time and advice to our members for free. We do not wish to lose that goodwill, and I am sure the majority of our mmbers do not wish this either; in addition the agents that use the site are members just as the rest of you are, and so please remember to treat them with the same respect you accord to other members.

Registering as a member of BE is a privilege not a right. You are only allowed to register under one username, and use of multiple usernames is not allowed. Users will be banned if they break this rule.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:17 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dolphin007
didn't you see this government playing against Dr Hanif for nothing.
That was the last government actually
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyse
Hi Sankan 1

Thanks so much for doing that, it really would be nice if DIAC could at least tell us what solutions they are working on.
Hi All,

Peris from Minister's Canberra office is on leave for at least couple of weeks.; As per my knowledge she is looking after our issue and up-to-date with situation and only she works in Canberra office. So we have to wait till then.

We can keep exploring other options to put more pressure on Govt. But seriously, I think it will consume lot of time. For example after contacting Freedom of Information, it will take up to 45 days before we hear any news from Dept (Department has history of crossing time line even with FOI). We can approach to senate committee and other Govt body but again it will take time. If we go this way then we will surely get success but after at least 3 to 5 months. Considering boiling anger amongst forum members and phone calls I receive from other affected applicants, we need to see if this is viable option or not.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:20 am
Just Joined

kevin126 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys:

Good news! Just received from SA gov.

The South Australian Government Financing Authority (SAFA) is reinstating the Designated Investment for General Skilled Migration program (bonus points for capital investment) administered by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). This programme is only for those applicants who applied prior to 1st September 2007 and who are instructed by DIAC to invest a minimum amount of $100,000 for at least one year to gain the extra points.

Applicants are advised not to use the old information paper and application form as SAFA has changed its Registry provider to Link Market Services.

DIAC will also make an announcement on their website and you are advised to read both announcements before preparing an application.

To apply for the designated investment the following documents must be provided to our Registry:

· Form 1134 Part 2 completed.
· An application form from the SAFA information paper
· An Investor Identification Information form
· Certified copies of documents of proof of identity.

We appreciate that certified copies of these documents may have already been provided to DIAC, but under the ‘Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006’ we are obliged to collect this information ourselves. Failure to provide adequate or incomplete information will result in the application being returned to you.

It is anticipated that there may be a rush of applications and to enable us to concentrate on processing them we would appreciate your co-operation by keeping telephone enquiries as to the progress of your application to the minimum. We will give an indication in the information paper of the time that we think it will take our Registry to process your application.

Our Information Paper is expected to be on our website www.safa.sa.gov.au later today (29th January 2009).
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:55 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sankan1
Hi All,

Peris from Minister's Canberra office is on leave for at least couple of weeks.; As per my knowledge she is looking after our issue and up-to-date with situation and only she works in Canberra office. So we have to wait till then.

We can keep exploring other options to put more pressure on Govt. But seriously, I think it will consume lot of time. For example after contacting Freedom of Information, it will take up to 45 days before we hear any news from Dept (Department has history of crossing time line even with FOI). We can approach to senate committee and other Govt body but again it will take time. If we go this way then we will surely get success but after at least 3 to 5 months. Considering boiling anger amongst forum members and phone calls I receive from other affected applicants, we need to see if this is viable option or not.
The South Australian Government Financing Authority (SAFA) is reinstating the Designated Investment for General Skilled Migration program (bonus points for capital investment) administered by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). This programme is only for those applicants who applied prior to 1st September 2007 and who are instructed by DIAC to invest a minimum amount of $100,000 for at least one year to gain the extra points.
Applicants are advised not to use the old information paper and application form as SAFA has changed its Registry provider to Link Market Services.
DIAC will also make an announcement on their website and you are advised to read both announcements before preparing an application.
To apply for the designated investment the following documents must be provided to our Registry:
• Form 1134 Part 2 completed.
• An application form from the SAFA information paper
• An Investor Identification Information form
• Certified copies of documents of proof of identity.
We appreciate that certified copies of these documents may have already been provided to DIAC, but under the ‘Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006’ we are obliged to collect this information ourselves. Failure to provide adequate or incomplete information will result in the application being returned to you.
It is anticipated that there may be a rush of applications and to enable us to concentrate on processing them we would appreciate your co-operation by keeping telephone enquiries as to the progress of your application to the minimum. We will give an indication in the information paper of the time that we think it will take our Registry to process your application.
Our Information Paper is expected to be on our website www.safa.sa.gov.au later today (29th January 2009).
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:08 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous news for many! Thanks for the update George.

Best regards.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

For some particular ones,

If you found yourself over stressed or over depressed. You should go and seek psychologists for early diagnosis. Government would not take care of you but you definitely could treat yourself a bit better. You know, mental status is also important .

Furthermore, Agent George voluntarily and constantly provides info for this thread. His help and efforts are valuable assets to delegation regarding this issue. We believe his professional views and everything that he provides on the forum has been followed agent's practice code of professional conduct. Although we haven't heard news updated from SA's treasury, time will tell (a few more days or weeks???).
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

See, there you go a updated above. Thanks george!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Same info. I have gained from my agent just now. The following confirmation should be released by IMMI shortly. One of many things I have learned from the suffering is we do need pray with heard and soul. Strongly recommend not to be so overwhelmed and still trace with care until we nail down the victory. Cheers!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Our fingers are crossed for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

So are mine!!!! Will be delighted for you all if you can go ahead now with your Australian dream.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

George many thanks for your invaluable support and assistance throughout this ordeal. Even though its not over as yet, we can see a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Same goes for Sankan1 and Kenwen and many other good souls who initiated this forum.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:36 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, this indicates that a recent rumour was in fact correct, unlike many earlier rumours.

However one does need to mention that there will still be a number of people who cannot afford the statutory deposit, including most of the 227 onshore students who obtained loans from the NAB. For those people, the other options on the DIAC website are still viable.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

shuai83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Out of interest, this indicates that a recent rumour was in fact correct, unlike many earlier rumours.

However one does need to mention that there will still be a number of people who cannot afford the statutory deposit, including most of the 227 onshore students who obtained loans from the NAB. For those people, the other options on the DIAC website are still viable.

Cheers,

George Lombard
YOUR APPLICATION WILL PROCEED AS FOLLOWS:
• Verification of the Investor Identification Information form.
• Have we received certified copies of the relevant documents?
• Cheque will be banked and application entered onto the Register.
• Part 3 of the FORM 1134 will be completed and scanned through to DIAC
• An Inscribed Stock Certificate will be produced and mailed to the address on the application form.
We anticipate that this process at the Registry should be completed within 15 working days. If you have not received your Inscribed Stock Certificate by this time any enquiries regarding your application should be with Link Market Services on 1800 08 85 85 (toll free) within Australia or (612) 8280 7096 from Overseas
DIAC
• DIAC will notify you regarding your visa.

regarding to this part on infromation paper from SAFA, how long will the case officers put hands on our applications? thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.