Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

bittu12345678999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Seriously, I don't think minister has the ultimate power to decide $2000~$4000's fate. I assume that he might have done his best for us but some other force who has privilege to make decision have came up different opinion.

I suggest our delegates should get in touch with the official that they met in Canberra first. If he reply us in a positive tone again. That means we still have chance. If we received no response and explainsion for the entire delay. That means DIAC is not determined to resolve it. Afterwards we will have no choice to register a law case claiming for our unfair treatment.
trust me guys they are not going to resolve unless and until court force them to do it. other way is if media take part in it and telecast to aussie public that if labour party resolve this issue of minimum $60,00,00,000 then it can improve aussie economy then may be they resolve quickly otherwise i know that if the case went into limbo then it takes uncertain time
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Originally Posted by lyse
I just can't understand why our case officers asked us for medicals during the second half of 2008? Why did they ask us to go and outlay more expenses on the application if it was going to be for nothing? As George says, it's such a simple matter really and all we need is one state to agree to accept the investments again. It would also be very simple for Government to ensure this happened. My opinion for what it is worth is that there is no intention to resolve this issue, government is cheesed off that a group of people were using the bond option as a loophole, and possibly fears that there are still some such characters among the affected applicants.
In a response letter to my complaint to the minister which I received today the affected applicants were in one paragraph referred to as "cohorts" and then in another paragraph it was mentioned that there were some who had applied for points in good faith. The word cohorts has negative connotations even by dictionary definition.
The letter basically just referred me to the what's new section again.
There is little justice in this world guys so we really should not be surprised that this has happened. However, if this visa application is not approved in the end and we are not refunded I doubt I will bother reapplying (although I do have enough points now with the new rules) after the way we have been treated. I'll just take my chances in Africa, at least it is the land of my birth (with many, many, many warts) after all there are many minority groups still holding out in Zimbabwe after all these years of turmoil.
SA is still a good place in many respects. It's just a pity about the eroding infrastructure, reverse racism and violent crime which prevents us from ever letting down our guard in public places.
By the way, my agents also believe that there is no intention to address the issue and that there will be no resolution in the near future. I am beyond caring now, but it would be nice to have either a resolution or a refund.
Lyse fully agree with your sentiments i.e. "There is no intention" and you hit the nail on the head when you said, "we are in 'cohorts' with the fraudsters". This is the crux of the matter.

I think the only way to make them act is to sue the department.

The courts can’t force the Treasuries to accept our money or force the department to waive five points.
But at least, it will ask the ministry/department to not take these applicants for a never-ending ride. Most of the applicants have incurred at least five thousand dollars. All up we have spent more than ten million dollars. All we are getting in return is total crap from the department/ministry. Why should we suffer from the cold feet syndrome being experienced by the Treasuries?
What kind of organisation is this? If a Qantas aircraft is grounded due to some technical fault, they will ensure that the affected passengers are accommodated on some other carrier or on the next available flight. They won't say to the passengers "this is a complex issue and we are considering options". Keep on waiting, and we don't know how long before the replacement flight arrives.

Let’s not waste further time by contacting the adviser to minister. He will dish out further lies.
Let’s regroup once again and approach the Courts for justice. If they don’t want to give us the visas, then let them say so, and give back to us every dollar we have spent on application, medical, English test, etc.
The only other option is to wait and before we know it, NYE 2010 (not 2009) will be upon us.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:09 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Selah,

I think that the lawyers have more to do with a solution than the politicians at the moment. The question is whether the newly available bonds are satisfactory - not only in terms of Commonwealth policy but also in terms of commercial viability.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Sorry to interupt George !

Hi Elton,

I still suggest that we should contact the department officer for explainsion first before further action. And if we decide to register a case. Please think carefully how we are going to split the bill. Some might say that they agree to contribute money but they never did in the end.

May I ask who is keen to register a case around the forum?????
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Sorry to interupt George !

Hi Elton,

I still suggest that we should contact the department officer for explainsion first before further action. And if we decide to register a case. Please think carefully how we are going to split the bill. Some might say that they agree to contribute money but they never did in the end.

May I ask who is keen to register a case around the forum?????
I do.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:00 am
Just Joined

falgun_patel is an unknown quantity at this point

we have tried everything..we have not get anything..we should do something like they can here...i feel like to do protest or suicide.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by falgun_patel
we have tried everything..we have not get anything..we should do something like they can here...i feel like to do protest or suicide.
Mr. Patel protest is okie but suiside is the fullist way never take that step
because life is important i am not sure weather u r bealiving in kama or not but i am and has suiside mention in geeta, kuran or bible i know u r from geeta so leave that way far back and go ahead with different option
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Reuven is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

What all you guys need to do is to try and get a 176 State Sponsorship. Even if your nominated occupations are not on the current 176 sponsorship lists, the states currently have a quota that they can fill with ANY nomination if they can be persuaded why they should sponsor.

Demonstrate a passion to live in that state and local employer interest in your skills and approach the relevant state sponsorship body with a completed application.

You have absolutely nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Good luck!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point

What we have here...
"Officer jailed over sex-for-visa scam"
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...1-2702,00.html

What a system!!! Corrupt&sick!!!

Only 3 months for the disgusting, though how come thousands of innocent us have been 'imprisoned' for ages

Last edited by midnet; Dec 8th 2008 at 7:04 am.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:04 am
Just Joined

tyde is an unknown quantity at this point

That is so disgusting. People with a little bit of power abusing their positions.

It makes me think - one of the main reasons that I am immigrating is to escape the corrupt society that we live in! At least the difference between Australia and South Africa is that the guy got caught! Here the case would most likely have been thrown out due to mishandling of evidence or something like that!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

lets find someone to flirt a official for our approval. Haha, just kidding.

It is just some "good cops and bad cops" things. Hope ther is no currupted official involved in our cases' resolution.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:10 am
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like people are already in the mood of Christmas, bearing in mind that we still have unfinished business, which won't be done merely with someone's clemency.

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sankan1
I do.
hey sachit can u drag these guys to court
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

As ministry is trying to explore its options, we need to explore our options to approach to the minister

Go to this link and fill the form with your story.

http://www.sharmanstone.com.au/Pages/Contact.aspx

Dr Sharman is a shadow minister for Immigration and Citizenship, she has done great job using her opposition power to get German Doctor a residency.
I think she will help us.

http://www.sharmanstone.com.au/Pages...le.aspx?ID=747

Please, Please, Please -

It is individual's responsibility to fight, it is time to unite and each of us should send Dr Sharman an email. One/few email doesn't give impression, we need to have many email to make her act on it. Time to talk has gone, time to do is passing quickly.

Please send me PM, Email or post on the forum so that I can track how many of us has send an email and if needed I can ask others to jump in the campaign.

Last edited by sankan1; Dec 10th 2008 at 11:23 am.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Everyone,

Please write to Dr. Stone and explain your indivdual predicament, especially the personal/family suffering being experienced. Everyone has a story to tell, the more the merrier.
We need to pressurise the department and the ministry from all angles.
Let's leave no stone unturned, before the public servants disappear for X'mas and New year holidays.

2007 gone
2008 almost gone.
Let's hope 2009 brings better news for all of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.