Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Sorry nothing for you guys in the 5/12/08 changes

Effective 5 December 2008
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

scudge is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sankan1
and 5 minute past,

still no update.

WELL THERE'S A SURPRISE!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am depress now
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Originally Posted by bittu12345678999
As per the Law any one in australia can register case in court i have my friend who lodge b4 2 years ago and he won it
I agree its time to approach the courts (if that is allowed in our case).
I am willing to contribute towards the legal cost.

They have taken our money, asked us to incur various expenses, and have gone back on the deal. How dare they ask us to find these five points through some other route. We wouldn't have applied if we had known we wouldn't be able to obtain the five points through capital investment.
This is a breach of written and binding contract.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

.............................................a year has gone by now. It took more than a year to make decision. I totally can't project my future.

Last edited by kenwen20; Dec 4th 2008 at 9:44 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elton John
I agree its time to approach the courts (if that is allowed in our case).
I am willing to contribute towards the legal cost.

They have taken our money, asked us to incur various expenses, and have gone back on the deal. How dare they ask us to find these five points through some other route. We wouldn't have applied if we had known we wouldn't be able to obtain the five points through capital investment.
This is a breach of written and binding contract.
Yup I agree!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

IMalwaysintrouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

:curse::curse::
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

My life must move on, rejeck, reapply, refund, waive 5 points or reopen the treasury bond I don't care as long as it comes an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

bittu12345678999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kenwen20
My life must move on, rejeck, reapply, refund, waive 5 points or reopen the treasury bond I don't care as long as it comes an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guys just make a group and then hire a migration lawyer and register case in a court atleast get positive or negative news this way u have to wait undefined timeframe at the end all affected person withdraw their application, find another way so all person will be in trouble who cant do anything. all afected person who applied through migration agent and who applied themselves just hire a best migration lawyers and drag them to court

other thing is there are totally two kind of media 1 who support liberal 2 who support labour. contact to media who support liberal and expose these people. so once camera put focus constantly then they have to do something.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bittu12345678999
guys just make a group and then hire a migration lawyer and register case in a court atleast get positive or negative news this way u have to wait undefined timeframe at the end all affected person withdraw their application, find another way so all person will be in trouble who cant do anything. all afected person who applied through migration agent and who applied themselves just hire a best migration lawyers and drag them to court

other thing is there are totally two kind of media 1 who support liberal 2 who support labour. contact to media who support liberal and expose these people. so once camera put focus constantly then they have to do something.
This is not the type of story which will generate media attention. "A bunch of rich kids trying to rort the system."
The media is more interested in a handicapped child being refused visa or children being thrown overboard from boats.

We have been forgotten now. This issue is having no impact on the Minister, as there are no political consequences from it. It will remain this way.
The bureacrats within the immigration department have no sympathy with our plight after the NAB incident last year. Instead of helping to resolve the matter, the bureacrats are creating more hurdles for us.

We have to find out what options we have legally now. Nothing to lose now.
If nothing else, the the courts will ask the department to refund our application fee and other miscellaneious costs we have incurred so far.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

It is getting worst.

Please send me email on

sankan1[at]tpg[dot]com[dot]au

who are in with all support without thinking of result

whoever lives overseas, your support is important

Its time to do or die.

Come What May
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Here is the proof, we can make a court case

"Now the High Court Drama

An application has been lodged with the High Court of Australia last week for a student who had been rejected by DIAC after completing the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management at Carrick. This challenge goes to the heart of the issue of DIAC’s demand that students complete a CRICOS course or courses which would at up to at least 92 weeks of study.

If the application is successful it will mean DIAC’s policy of 92 week CRICOS duration will be invalid and the former Carrick’s students application will continue to be processed. It will also mean that all EGSM visa applicants who have their applications rejected based upon the 2 year study issue will benefit by making DIAC’s policy invalid.

This story will be continued:"

this post is a part of email I receive from www.australiavisa.com on 4 th of December.

I dont know what this case is about. if they can register case in high court, we can as well.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

An application has been lodged with the High Court of Australia last week for a student who had been rejected by DIAC after completing the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management at Carrick. This challenge goes to the heart of the issue of DIAC’s demand that students complete a CRICOS course or courses which would at up to at least 92 weeks of study.

If the application is successful it will mean DIAC’s policy of 92 week CRICOS duration will be invalid and the former Carrick’s students application will continue to be processed. It will also mean that all EGSM visa applicants who have their applications rejected based upon the 2 year study issue will benefit by making DIAC’s policy invalid.

this post is a part of email I receive from www.australiavisa.com on 4 th of December.

I dont know what this case is about. if they can register case in high court, we can as well.
Not really relevant to off shore migration.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

I personally think our case is very strong, and will succeed if we seek redress through the judicial system.

Having said that, there is a strong likelihood that the Courts will direct the department to either give the applicants avenues to make the capital investment or refund the costs incurred by applicants thusfar.
My guess is the department will go down the latter path.

This is my hypothetical reasoning. Would love to hear from others on this as well.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

listen guys. From my point of view. We must urge DIAC for open communication to us and knowing what they have done for the whole year regarding our issue.

We don't bring this to court with blind sourse without knowing who caused the main process extremely slow down like this. And whoever in charge of the negotiation in between DIAC and treasury should take a certain degree of resbonsibilities.

If they come up with excuse like "too busy". Then we need to know our priority of resolution and see if it is being reasonable for the arrangement.

If we have got no explaination for the delay and suffered from unfriendly communication.Then we have no choise to bring this to court.

Also, I am wondering how reliable the official that delegats met in Canberra. Is that mean we have been misleading or otherwise he has been misleading by higher ranking official? No clues........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.