Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

We are still thinking about you all, as we can remember the stress of the situation, so can't begin to know how it must feel after all this time. Try and have a Merry Christmas in your respective countries (as hard as that will be) and let's hope a Happy New Year on Australia with your much longed for visa.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Christmas to all and hope coming days bring good news to all of us

SanKan1
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:18 am
Just Joined

falgun_patel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Dear all friends, wish u all have marry x'mas and happy new year...i hope Jesus will bless us in new year
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:10 am
Just Joined

MrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by falgun_patel
Dear all friends, wish u all have marry x'mas and happy new year...i hope Jesus will bless us in new year
Dear All,
I'm so sorry to hear that you still have had no news. If any of you are able to consider the State Sponsored option then my timescales were as follows:

Late July 2008 - lodged state sponsored application with agent
Late July 2008 - agent confirmed paperwork in order and sent to DIAC
Early August 2008 - DIAC confirmed receipt
Mid September 2008 - Sponsorship confirmed
Late October 2008 - agent contacted me and stated that DIAC wanted to know if I could enter the Country within 4 months, in which case they would extend my medicals and police checks which were due to expire in November and I would not have to repeat them.
Early November 2008 - Visa granted

This option cost me nothing and my Australian girlfriend and I can at last start life on an equal footing in Australia.

Unfortunately I know that this is not an option for many of you. For those who can consider the option you can live anywhere in Australia after the first 2 years and you don't have to withdraw the original application until you decide to accept state sponsorship.

MrXnotMrY
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

belco is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still facing this periodic issue even after a year of waiting. question yourself that how many years more we can affort to waste.

Lets just protest in a large group in order to stress the result.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Happy New Year to everyone!!!
I still have hope that this will be resolved by the re-opening of the investment option as this is the one just solution to the matter. Otherwise, we have a good case for demanding back the costs incurred due to the unjust removal of the goal post.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrXnotMrY
Dear All,
I'm so sorry to hear that you still have had no news. If any of you are able to consider the State Sponsored option...

For those who can consider the option you can live anywhere in Australia after the first 2 years and you don't have to withdraw the original application until you decide to accept state sponsorship.

MrXnotMrY
Your situation may be different...but I think you'll find you DO have to live in the sponsoring state for the first 2 years, THEN you can live anywhere in Oz.
Gaz
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyse
I still have hope that this will be resolved by the re-opening of the investment option as this is the one just solution to the matter. Otherwise, we have a good case for demanding back the costs incurred due to the unjust removal of the goal post.
Originally Posted by belco
we are still facing this periodic issue even after a year of waiting. question yourself that how many years more we can affort to waste.

Lets just protest in a large group in order to stress the result.
It is the time, when we have a one or two options left. I am working day and night to convince Shadow minister's staff to escalate our issue. Protest must be last option, because it may force Government to act immediately(don't forget hasty decision will affect all applicant not one and keep in mind the consequences). I strongly suggest to wait till we have some news from shadow minister, if no key works then we will go for peaceful protest. While saying this I do not mean to wait for another months, it is a matter of days which you can count on your fingers. Send me PM/Email to help and to know more.

SanKan1
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

IMalwaysintrouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Originally Posted by lyse

Let's all forget about re-opening of investment Option and Let's press for Waving off the 5 Points , our 1 year wait is more than depositing $100 0000 bond.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrXnotMrY
Dear All,
I'm so sorry to hear that you still have had no news. If any of you are able to consider the State Sponsored option then my timescales were as follows:

This option cost me nothing and my Australian girlfriend and I can at last start life on an equal footing in Australia.

Unfortunately I know that this is not an option for many of you. For those who can consider the option you can live anywhere in Australia after the first 2 years and you don't have to withdraw the original application until you decide to accept state sponsorship.

MrXnotMrY
MrXnotMrY

Those who are left here cannot reapply under any rule(except a few). We have a different application/situation than your's.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IMalwaysintrouble
Let's all forget about re-opening of investment Option and Let's press for Waving off the 5 Points , our 1 year wait is more than depositing $100 0000 bond.
That's what we are aiming at but it looks difficult in terms of law and policy.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

MrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gazzap
Your situation may be different...but I think you'll find you DO have to live in the sponsoring state for the first 2 years, THEN you can live anywhere in Oz.
Gaz
Yes that's correct Gaz, just to clarify, I meant AFTER the first 2 years in your nominating state you are free to live anywhere in Australia.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

I really doubt that they will waive the five points - of course, anything is possible since we are the inadvertent victims of a government decision, so it would be a fair solution for us. Australia would still win because we would invest our money in the local economy by buying property and vehicles etc.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

At last, Sharon's office is ready to help us. They have forwarded documents to Evans' office and asked for an update.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sankan1
At last, Sharon's office is ready to help us. They have forwarded documents to Evans' office and asked for an update.
Sharman not Sharon (sorry)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.