Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

First of all, please read my last post before you read this one. That really explains what ground I stand for.
Now WHAT we really should do is:

1.Set up a local account for delegation and financial backup. I guess for asking george to involve into the delegation we need to gether $1000 AUD for his precious time that used for organising the meeting and company us to see minister in Canberra. Well, I can tell you George is a gentleman that who want to help us in this issue in stead of making profit from us. He has got nice attitude. His office locates in hidden area but has family like working environment. His staff rejected my bonus tips (because the meeting was extended for 20 mins).

From various aspects we should have faith on him but as we all know there will be no free lunch in the world.

Since I leave in Syd, I would not mind to help the forum to register for an account and do a bit of fund raising. I can monitor the account and whenever we reach $1000 or $2000 then we can ask people stop sending money. If there is some remaining amount after the meeting, we can use it to buy OZ lottor haha. We will post the daily bankstatement onto the forum and gain trust from public.

we have 20 people who regularly visit the site and another 20 people I know from ICQ. So $1000 to $2000 divides up by 40, which means everyone can contribute $25 - $50 into the account. By the way, for the oversea volunteer, they can send money via internet transfer.

What do you guys reckon?

Last edited by kenwen20; Aug 8th 2008 at 1:04 am.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

2. Identifying the delegation members to represent us.

i) Proficient in english in terms of communication and preferably writing as well.
ii) He or She should has good manners and courtesy e.g. Respect Minister and AliG attitude is not allowed.
iii) Preferably He or She lives in Sydney or Canberra. Otherwise, Mel, adelaide, brisbane volunteers are also adequate.

And I reckon the delegation members do not need to contribute any money into the fund because of their willingness of spending their time.

PS: I am not interest in become one of the delegates. The delegates must voluntarily represent for us.

Last edited by kenwen20; Aug 8th 2008 at 1:10 am.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

3.Transportation: I can give the delegation a lift from Sydney to Canberra and return. That is the most I can offer. In addition, there will be no 100% gurantee for deliver this and it really depends on my work schedule. Cheers.

Last edited by kenwen20; Aug 8th 2008 at 12:55 am.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Elton John is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Kenwen,

excellent work. You are a star.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:58 am
Just Joined

rathna is an unknown quantity at this point

ya man its really a good idea,so I would like to pay some money.
thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I don't mind to contribute to the costs that arise while people in OZ try to represent us abroad in direct talks with the Minister Evans, that's only fair enough!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tremendous work Ken Wen, You really did well. Thanks for thinking ahead. Every one should agree with you. As I told you earlier, I am with you.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elton John
There are a lot of applications (not affected by cap. Invest) sitting in the pool, as they fall short by five points. They will be the first to object, if one group of applicants are awarded ‘free” five points and they get nothing.

We have to ‘earn’ the five points and the only logical option that will enable us to do that is by investing $100K. The states won’t touch it, so that leaves either commonwealth bonds or a term deposit with a semi government owned commercial bank like Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Other migration related bonds like AOS bonds, sponsored visitor visa bonds are deposited with Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

If anyone has other ideas or options, let the forum know, so that it could included in the discussion agenda with the minister.
I don't agree with that at all.
It's a very weak argument to suggest those in the pool are in the same situation as us. We qualified for the 5 points with the rules in place at the time of our application, simple!
I don't agree that Commonwealth bonds are the 'only' option- who says?
One of the reasons this is taking so long to resolve (one would hope) is that there needs to be an all inclusive outcome for ALL those effected by the scam (and I'm not just talking about me).
I would doubt that you (or I) know all the situations for every applicant. It is NOT our place to suggest how they resolve this!
Please don't make this delegation suit the agenda of just a few.
Gaz
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Good work KW!
I am more than willing to contribute some $. Paypal is probably easiest for us overseas?
Gaz

Originally Posted by kenwen20
First of all, please read my last post before you read this one. That really explains what ground I stand for.
Now WHAT we really should do is:

1.Set up a local account for delegation and financial backup. I guess for asking george to involve into the delegation we need to gether $1000 AUD for his precious time that used for organising the meeting and company us to see minister in Canberra. Well, I can tell you George is a gentleman that who want to help us in this issue in stead of making profit from us. He has got nice attitude. His office locates in hidden area but has family like working environment. His staff rejected my bonus tips (because the meeting was extended for 20 mins).

From various aspects we should have faith on him but as we all know there will be no free lunch in the world.

Since I leave in Syd, I would not mind to help the forum to register for an account and do a bit of fund raising. I can monitor the account and whenever we reach $1000 or $2000 then we can ask people stop sending money. If there is some remaining amount after the meeting, we can use it to buy OZ lottor haha. We will post the daily bankstatement onto the forum and gain trust from public.

we have 20 people who regularly visit the site and another 20 people I know from ICQ. So $1000 to $2000 divides up by 40, which means everyone can contribute $25 - $50 into the account. By the way, for the oversea volunteer, they can send money via internet transfer.

What do you guys reckon?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

I am ready to join delegation happily, if no one want to join in.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

What are our objectives for the meeting with the Minister?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
What are our objectives for the meeting with the Minister?
Also, has anyone mentioned a time frame on this? Did George indicate how soon he might be able to get a meeting with The Minister's office?
These things can tend to drag on and on, if a date isn't nailed down.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Bengto78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Everyone,
i'm also one of the CI victims. I've lodged my application in 17th Aug, 2007.
I didn't realise any of CI problems until I found this thread.

My agent (Based in south Brisbane) even did not inform me any of CI problems till I questioned her this May.

anyway, I've been reading this thread for couple of months, most of the infos are very helpful for me to understand this uncheerful situation.

I am currently living in Brisbane by depending my wife's student visa. And I only can working 20hrs/wk due to the visa condition, it's impossible to obtain a real job unless my PR granted.

IF there is anything i can help in Brissy, please let me know.

thanks
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

We strongly suggest having story of all of us in one email acc. So we can print out hard copies to Minister Chris Evans.[/B]

A.“There is no shortage of stories already – the common themes are: sale of assets to have the statutory deposit ready (ie financial loss); impossibility of finding employment when not a PR holder (depends on the industry, some people are ok); altered position at home and cannot now go back to initial situation (both overseas and in Australia, eg cannot continue studies to obtain sufficient points under new system); age barriers etc. What would be best is to draw from the newpaper accounts and use that to pressure the Minister. No point writing more material as he won’t read it.”

This is why I'm asking what our objectives are, the Senator is already more than aware of what the stories are around this issue and it is going to cost a lot of money to probably be told no new information.

What do you think the Minister is going to tell you that is worth paying out all that money?

I'm not against the meeting, but I could do with someone providing some clarity around what we are hoping to get from it (besides telling him what he already knows). I doubt a face to face would solicit anything additional from him, I'm sure he will be keeping the solution(s) he is working on very close to his chest.

I'm not being negative, or anti about what you folks are trying to do, but I just need a sprinkling of reality about what we are hoping to get from it.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bengto78
Hi! Everyone,
i'm also one of the CI victims. I've lodged my application in 17th Aug, 2007.
I didn't realise any of CI problems until I found this thread.

My agent (Based in south Brisbane) even did not inform me any of CI problems till I questioned her this May.

anyway, I've been reading this thread for couple of months, most of the infos are very helpful for me to understand this uncheerful situation.

I am currently living in Brisbane by depending my wife's student visa. And I only can working 20hrs/wk due to the visa condition, it's impossible to obtain a real job unless my PR granted.

IF there is anything i can help in Brissy, please let me know.

thanks
Warm welcome Bengto78. That's really good effort to come forward and join this forum.
I urge others to come forward and join us like Bengto78 please. Remember together we can make us heard.

Last edited by sankan1; Aug 9th 2008 at 9:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.