Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

scudge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by Brisbound
Hi geelong

I am from Germany . I was one the first posters on this thread.

I support the idea of sending a delegation on our behalf for meeting Senator Evans. I think the guys who are already in Australia are better qualified, and should speak for all of us. What we need is action not words.

To all posters who are in Australia,

Please PM George, and plan with him before meeting Senator Evans. The meeting is a good idea, and it will help us resolve this problem.

Cheers
Brisbound

Couldnt agree more lets get moving on this ASAP!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Those who have expressed an interest in going to meet with DIAC should now have a personal message from me outlining what to do next.

As you are new to the forum you may not be able to read/send personal messages until you have three posts under your belt so please let me know if you have not got the details.

Thank you for coming forward and you have our full support behind what you are doing this is truely a global effort!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Tom_VI is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for the effort you all put into our cause!!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

lyse will become famous soon enough

Yes, thanks for your efforts. I think it would be a good idea as Joanne mentioned, to take a copy of the on-line petition to hand over at the meeting. Perhaps the people in Aus can also contact the local media to let them know about it? Whether or not they would be interested is another story. But one would think that a group handing over a petition to a minister usually is worth a small mention in the local print media.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

I'm IN! lets do this!

I am a guy with three oz master degrees, being stuck in this dilemma for almost a year..... no other option for me..... it's extremely frustrating! I am based in Sydney.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi midnet

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Brisbound

Originally Posted by midnet
I'm IN! lets do this!

I am a guy with three oz master degrees, being stuck in this dilemma for almost a year..... no other option for me..... it's extremely frustrating! I am based in Sydney.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

To all posters in Australia

Thank you for your efforts, they are highly appreciated. I am pretty sure that our voice will be louder and stronger once you meet the senator. You have our full and unflinching support in this matter.

Cheers
Brisbound
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am based in Melbourne. I am in with full support.

Now its time to decide who is going to see George. Those who live in Sydney please post a message stating if you are ready to see George (as his office is in sydney). I am ready to fly to Canberra to join you to see Minister Chris Evans.

Last edited by sankan1; Aug 2nd 2008 at 3:37 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's do this guys. Enough of talking and waiting. Those DIAC officials and Immigration minister won't listen to us unless we make our voice heard directly at their face.

I am based in Brisbane but if required would be able to fly to canberra for 1-2 days to join the peaceful protest.

The protest needs to be planned properly so that once we get there, we actually get to see the minister or higher officials.

Media must be informed otherwise this case will go under the carpet again.

Please feel free to put your suggestions in as to how this petition should be planned.

WE MUST BE REALLY ORGANISED. Final chance to make our voice heard.

Good luck everyone.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion we should meet them first. If we do not get any positive response than we can contact media and at last we must go for organized peaceful protest.

Last edited by sankan1; Aug 2nd 2008 at 9:40 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

mick84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Now lets get things going ASAP!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

take me as well........
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

on air mobile is an unknown quantity at this point

That is enough, we have to talk with them face by face,,,,,,maybe they cannot fix it on spot but the minster and the officer can provdie us the formal info for next couple of months and i hope we can get the details even better : when how and what
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

midnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, ladies and gentlemen, we must do this more efficiently than the bureaucratic government has dealt with your case...
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by midnet
Cheers, ladies and gentlemen, we must do this more efficiently than the bureaucratic government has dealt with your case...
On that note, does anyone know if it's possible and how you get time with the Minister, or one of his high ranking officials?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.