Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by sankan1
I am ready to join delegation happily, if no one want to join in.
I fully support you SIR.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

kenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nicekenwen20 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gazzap
Good work KW!
I am more than willing to contribute some $. Paypal is probably easiest for us overseas?
Gaz
Hi Gap, I don't know how to set up paypal acc. any hint?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joannec2014

I'm not against the meeting, but I could do with someone providing some clarity around what we are hoping to get from it (besides telling him what he already knows). I doubt a face to face would solicit anything additional from him, I'm sure he will be keeping the solution(s) he is working on very close to his chest.
Unfortunately, I guess no one can clarify what we can get from Minister's meeting. However, this is what George suggested to do and hopefully by doing this we can raised up attention for resolution. I've got a OZ friend who works as public servant in the ACT government also states that delegation is good way to approach. She said sometimes staffs are too busy to handle things. So they will primely solve thing when people really care and need it.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Warm welcome Bengto78. That's really good effort to come forward and join this forum.
I urge others to come forward and join us like Bengto78 please. Remember together we can make us heard.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Just waiting more brave ones just like you.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Hi Gap, I don't know how to set up paypal acc. any hint?
www.paypal.com
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

We strongly suggest having story of all of us in one email acc. So we can print out hard copies to Minister Chris Evans.[/B]

A.“There is no shortage of stories already – the common themes are: sale of assets to have the statutory deposit ready (ie financial loss); impossibility of finding employment when not a PR holder (depends on the industry, some people are ok); altered position at home and cannot now go back to initial situation (both overseas and in Australia, eg cannot continue studies to obtain sufficient points under new system); age barriers etc. What would be best is to draw from the newpaper accounts and use that to pressure the Minister. No point writing more material as he won’t read it.”

This is why I'm asking what our objectives are, the Senator is already more than aware of what the stories are around this issue and it is going to cost a lot of money to probably be told no new information.

What do you think the Minister is going to tell you that is worth paying out all that money?

I'm not against the meeting, but I could do with someone providing some clarity around what we are hoping to get from it (besides telling him what he already knows). I doubt a face to face would solicit anything additional from him, I'm sure he will be keeping the solution(s) he is working on very close to his chest.

I'm not being negative, or anti about what you folks are trying to do, but I just need a sprinkling of reality about what we are hoping to get from it.

Originally Posted by kenwen20
Unfortunately, I guess no one can clarify what we can get from Minister's meeting. However, this is what George suggested to do and hopefully by doing this we can raised up attention for resolution. I've got a OZ friend who works as public servant in the ACT government also states that delegation is good way to approach. She said sometimes staffs are too busy to handle things. So they will primely solve thing when people really care and need it.
Kenwen
Of course no-one knows what we can get from the meeting with the Minister, but without being clear what the delegation is aiming for, we will probably be wasting the delegates' (and all of our's) time and money.

I think Joanne is getting at- we need to be making some (written down) proposals of what we are going to be saying as a group, and/or what we hope to acheive as a delegation.
Gaz

In fact why don't I start...

1/ We need to know, after all this time of waiting, if this issue will get resolved in a positive manner for ALL?

(why not copy my point then add yours under as point 2- we'll soon have a list, which we can then discuss/refine?)
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

1/ We need to know, after all this time of waiting, if this issue will get resolved in a positive manner for ALL?

2. What options are govt. looking at currently to resolve the issue.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Amazing idea Gazzap.

1. We need to know, after all this time of waiting, if this issue will get resolved in a positive manner for ALL?

3. Is there any chance, Government is going to ask to deposit $100,000 in sort of body to the victim of CI scheme. As this is a lot of money for most of us and some of us have $100,000 in a bank since more than 9 month now. Your given answer will help us to plan our finance or capital.

Last edited by sankan1; Aug 10th 2008 at 8:21 am.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Amazing idea Gazzap.

1. We need to know, after all this time of waiting, if this issue will get resolved in a positive manner for ALL?

3. Is there any chance, Government is going to ask to deposit $100,000 in sort of body to the victim of CI scheme. As this is a lot of money for most of us and some of us have $100,000 in a bank since more than 9 month now. Your given answer will help us to plan our finance or capital.
4. Are you waiting until those who were able to invest in the scheme to have had their money returned before resolving this? If so what are the timeframes for the last return?
5.Are you waiting for the legal action/criminal investigations to have completed before reviewing our cases?
6. 2008, 2009 or never?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

sankan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

4. Are you waiting until those who were able to invest in the scheme to have had their money returned before resolving this? If so what are the timeframes for the last return?
5.Are you waiting for the legal action/criminal investigations to have completed before reviewing our cases?
6. 2008, 2009 or never?
Good point Joannec2014. Hope some more are willing to take intiative to keep the list going.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

I will make my contribution to the costs accordingly, and I hope more people will join in.

I think the 5 questions we have raised so far are reasonable, I will be more than happy if we get them answered and addressed accordingly. I hope the other side (Senator or his staff) ) will be serious, honest, cooperative and willing to address our doubts and concerns.

I don't want to envisage a situation in which the delegation receives hazy answers, or no answers (the minister is looking into different options and the resolution will be posted on line). We are familiar with the latter answer, and I am honestly tired of it.

Cheers
Brisbound
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

6. 2008, 2009 or never?

7. Can you give an indication of some of the difficulties you are facing to find a solution, and why is it taking so long? This has been one of the hardest things for us all, the severe lack of any reasonable feedback from the Government or DIAC over quite a long period.

Last edited by Gazzap; Aug 10th 2008 at 8:00 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

deleted
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

6. 2008, 2009 or never?

7. Can you give an indication of some of the difficulties you are facing to find a solution, and why is it taking so long? This has been one of the hardest things for us all, the severe lack of any reasonable feedback from the Government or DIAC over quite a long period.

8. It seems to be a long term issue to us. If it is, will DIAC be able to give
more assistances to CI victims to face the difficult transition . For instant,

i) Allocate a special unit to follow up our cases.
ii) Create a general letter to employers and explains applicant's status which is caused by the scam and it does not affect his/her work abilities (I have heard many IT graduated worked in restaurants and services field. They are not be able to get a skilled related job because their PR weren't granted. and you know for IT perfessionals they have to always keep their knowledges updated from current work.)

Last edited by kenwen20; Aug 10th 2008 at 11:53 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. 2008, 2009 or never?

8. It seems to be a long term issue to us. If it is, will DIAC be able to give
more assistances to CI victims to face the difficult transition . For instant,

i) Allocate a special unit to follow up our cases.
ii) Create a general letter to employers and explains applicant's status which is caused by the scam and it does not affect his/her work abilities (I have heard many IT graduated worked in restaurants and services field. They are not be able to get a skilled related job because their PR weren't granted. and you know for IT perfessionals they have to always keep their knowledges updated from current work.)

Point 8 is excellent

9. It's been more than 1 year since majority of us gave our medicals, PC and Degree assessments, IELTS which involved a lot of expenses too. Do we have the do these medicals, PC and assessments done again. (not to mention it's take lot of time to get the bookings for these things).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.