Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

I agree with Rockspie.

I have known people make 2 visits, 3 months apart. I guess if you have the money and can get the time off work, then it can be done as fast as that. But what is also important is what you achieve on those visits.

With 3 kids to pay for as well as ourselves, annual visits were all that was possible for us. We made 2 visits to the south shore area - 2010 and 2011 - and then went through Lunenburg and Queens RDA to apply for our letter of identification.

Between those two visits we strengthened the connections we made on our first visit, through keeping in touch over email etc and then saw them in person again on our second visit and also made further connections. Taking a little time also helps ensure that it is the right place for you, and allows you the opportunity to do as much research as possible.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 10:12 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Congratulations, hope it all goes well for you and doesnt take too long for your medical booking
Hey Violets, Guess what turned up in our mailbox today??
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vettemaster

Congrat. Vettemaster Finally it came on the last day of the month of June and in the wake of freezing of FSW that ought to commence July 1.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your meds appointment - 3 week wait for us. Reduction in DMPs means longer wait times...
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:43 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Talking Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Thanks all for your kind replies. We are both out celebrating in the wonderful British changeable weather. It's been a long haul and we are extremely happy to get this far. All the best to the rest of you guys. We will keep updating right until we have activated and found our new homes.
Originally Posted by Kaye5

Hope you don't have to wait too long for your meds appointment - 3 week wait for us. Reduction in DMPs means longer wait times...
Old Jun 30th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Great news!
Old Jun 30th 2012, 3:34 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Great news!
Thanks. We started the process, ie : exploratory visit organising etc in February 2011, so it's been a long ride. We see that you had your COPR quite quickly after your medical requests.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Ohhh WOW!!!!! Thats brilliant news and I really hope you get a very quick appointment and that the medicals all go well .

ITS ABOUT TIME . Im really happy for you. Keep celebrating!! Did you get the paperwork to do the CIIP? If so get it in quick if you are going to do it.

Sorry for no earlier message - just got in from work and getting ready to go off to a wedding reception this evening - .

Keep us posted on the medical
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:37 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Ohhh WOW!!!!! Thats brilliant news and I really hope you get a very quick appointment and that the medicals all go well .

ITS ABOUT TIME . Im really happy for you. Keep celebrating!! Did you get the paperwork to do the CIIP? If so get it in quick if you are going to do it.

Sorry for no earlier message - just got in from work and getting ready to go off to a wedding reception this evening - .

Keep us posted on the medical
Hi Violets, We did get the paper work to do the CIIP. Did you also have 3 passport photos for the medical or did they do this at the time of the medical?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi Violets, We did get the paper work to do the CIIP. Did you also have 3 passport photos for the medical or did they do this at the time of the medical?
I took three passport photos with me for the medical. They take them and attach them to the paperwork.. Its all pretty straightforward.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:29 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Wink Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

I took three passport photos with me for the medical. They take them and attach them to the paperwork.. Its all pretty straightforward.
Hi Tony, Thanks for letting me know this. I know it is detailed on the form. Just wanted to be sure they wanted some more
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:36 am
B.E.Enthusiast

How did you guys get your payment to CIC London? I have been on the website and it only shows drop off or bank transfer option. Do we have to send the $490 fee x 2 total for the right of permanent residence for 2 people?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

How did you guys get your payment to CIC London? I have been on the website and it only shows drop off or bank transfer option. Do we have to send the $490 fee x 2 total for the right of permanent residence for 2 people?
When I sent my application to Sydney I included this payment in the processing payment too. So I did not need to pay anything more.
When I received my medical request I was asked to include the $490 fee. I sent an email to them asking I would need to pay more and included the receipt from Sydney as evidence. They double checked and said its fine, I don't need to pay anything more.

I think Violet or some others on this forum may be able to shed some light on that.

(I was about to say you can just drop off the payment then I saw your location... )
Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:31 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

When I sent my application to Sydney I included this payment in the processing payment too. So I did not need to pay anything more.
When I received my medical request I was asked to include the $490 fee. I sent an email to them asking I would need to pay more and included the receipt from Sydney as evidence. They double checked and said its fine, I don't need to pay anything more.

I think Violet or some others on this forum may be able to shed some light on that.

(I was about to say you can just drop off the payment then I saw your location... )
I know about the location We should have stayed in Hampshire,as we would have been just over 90 minutes away

Last edited by vettemaster; Jul 1st 2012 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Hi

You have to pay the RPRF via a bank draft. It's $980 ($490 x 2)

You need to go in a bank and ask for a bank draft to be made payable in CAD the general reciever ?!? I can't remember the name. I got mine from Barclays after much messing going from bank to bank and being told they couldnt do it.

Search for my previous posts abouT IT, search for RPRF.

Hope it helps x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.