Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Obaidur
Dear Violets, Tony_Tiger:

Thank you for the support and feedback for all. I done my Med 25 January2012. I didn't get my passport request yet. Can you please tell me how long can be take. I know its not possible and differ from everyone. But I have 6 months to expire my Med. Did you know how many months Med. expire date needs to entry Canada.

Thanks
I will advise you send a case specific enquiry to to the visa office that you want to know the status of your application otherwise you should just exercise patience as the CIC office processing your application is aware of the 1 year life span of medical examination.:finge rscrossed:
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Dear Violets, Tony_Tiger:

Thank you for the support and feedback for all. I done my Med 25 January2012. I didn't get my passport request yet. Can you please tell me how long can be take. I know its not possible and differ from everyone. But I have 6 months to expire my Med. Did you know how many months Med. expire date needs to entry Canada.

Thanks
Hi Obaidur,
It depends on what process/stream your applying through.
You can check the status of your application on the Ecas website. or like written above you can send a email for a case specific enquiry.

The Canadian embassy website(London) has average processing times. Here is the link.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...nt.aspx?view=d
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I have a question and wonder if anyone would be able to help please? We completed our medical for MPNP on 31/05/12 and have heard nothing yet. Im not too bothered about that as such but just wonder if there is supposed to be any update saying that they have been received at London as I have read that some people have had this information and it seems some not. Im also hoping they would have called me back by now for any further tests?

Should be any acknowledgement with regard to bankers draft and other information sent?

Am I just thinking too much about all of this now and is it a case that I should just not worry about acknowledgements? Thanks
Hey Violets,
I recall from when I had my medical done the doctor said they would call me the next three days before posting to the embassy if there was a problem. I did not receive any phone call, so I guess everything was ok. I think it's a case of just sitting tight. You had your medical pretty recent too.
Canada house is hosting a lot of VIP's for the Olympics so im guessing this whole process is going to slow down a bit.

I know what you mean by thinking too much. I just got a text from my sister in Calgary asking me if I have got my Visa yet. Im checking the mail every day...!
Funny enough I had a heart attack the other day, a giant A4 brown envelope arrived... then I realised it was a general HM Revenue letter for another member of the family.
You'l be fine...
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dammy
When your medical is received by the visa office your ECAS will display that information. So no need to worry. As for bank draft, you can ask the bank to confirm to you if CHC London has cash the draft.

Wish you well and pray no need for another medical which I know you dread
Thanks so much Dammy, will find out from the bank tomorrow
Old Jul 9th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hey Violets,
I recall from when I had my medical done the doctor said they would call me the next three days before posting to the embassy if there was a problem. I did not receive any phone call, so I guess everything was ok. I think it's a case of just sitting tight. You had your medical pretty recent too.
Canada house is hosting a lot of VIP's for the Olympics so im guessing this whole process is going to slow down a bit.

I know what you mean by thinking too much. I just got a text from my sister in Calgary asking me if I have got my Visa yet. Im checking the mail every day...!
Funny enough I had a heart attack the other day, a giant A4 brown envelope arrived... then I realised it was a general HM Revenue letter for another member of the family.
You'l be fine...
Hi Tony_Tiger, I know what you mean about the envelope thing and Im supposed to be so very laid back about it all . It really is amazing how an envelope can make you freak so much .

The Dr told me the same thing now that you remind me about it.
Thanks for the reply, I didnt think about some of the stuff you mentioned, so thanks for that. I really hope you get your 'envelope' soon, good luck
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Obaidur is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Tony_Tiger & Dammy,

Thanks for your replay. I send enquiry to London office 25 May. 30 May I got That response:
"In repsonse to your recent enquiry, please be advised that your file is currently awaiting the review of an immigration officer. At this time we are unable to advise when your case will be ready to be finalised. We will be in contact with further information once your application has been reviewed."

Can I place a new enquiry again now as that mail I got one and half months now.

Regards
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can I place a new enquiry again now as that mail I got one and half months now.
I wouldn't if I were you, a month and a half isn't long in immigration terms, and the text you've put above is basically a polite way of saying 'bog off and don't contact us again'!
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Dear christmasoompa,

But you know, My medical was done now 6 months. Normally, after Med. it shouldn't take long time.

Regards
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Dear christmasoompa,

But you know, My medical was done now 6 months. Normally, after Med. it shouldn't take long time.

Regards
We've had people on the forum who haven't had their visas until 11 months after the medical and have then had to fly to Canada and land within a couple of weeks!

6 months isn't that unusual unfortunately, so fingers crossed you'll hear soon.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Dear christmasoompa,

Thanks. Did you know how many months Med. expire date needs to entry Canada. Is there any requirements like that.

Regards
Old Jul 9th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Dear christmasoompa,

Hi Obaidur again, After Med. done 5 months "your file is currently awaiting the review of an immigration officer" what dose mean by that awaiting the review. Any idea please.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:57 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets,

As you know we had our medical yesterday. We may have a delay on our medical as well, but ours is because they had to refer my partners medical
decision to the Canadian visa office/medical team as she has a past skin condition that may or may not be a problem. I was ok myself and marked as A on the form. My blood test could change that but it should be fine. We were a bit of shocked and disappointed when we were told the decision on my partners could not be made by the medical doctor (DMP) We were told by our GP that my partners past condition would not be a problem. We are just going to have to wait now and see what they say.

I hope you get some news soon. Ours situation looks gloomy? but who knows
Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I have a question and wonder if anyone would be able to help please? We completed our medical for MPNP on 31/05/12 and have heard nothing yet. Im not too bothered about that as such but just wonder if there is supposed to be any update saying that they have been received at London as I have read that some people have had this information and it seems some not. Im also hoping they would have called me back by now for any further tests?

Should be any acknowledgement with regard to bankers draft and other information sent?

Am I just thinking too much about all of this now and is it a case that I should just not worry about acknowledgements? Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets,

As you know we had our medical yesterday. We may have a delay on our medical as well, but ours is because they had to refer my partners medical
decision to the Canadian visa office/medical team as she has a past skin condition that may or may not be a problem. I was ok myself and marked as A on the form. My blood test could change that but it should be fine. We were a bit of shocked and disappointed when we were told the decision on my partners could not be made by the medical doctor (DMP) We were told by our GP that my partners past condition would not be a problem. We are just going to have to wait now and see what they say.

I hope you get some news soon. Ours situation looks gloomy? but who knows
Hey Vettemaster,

Don't worry. Im sure its a formality. Your partner will be fine. The medical as many have said is if you are going to heavily burden the medical system.

I got some good news this morning. I came to realise that some people have a mastercard, some people have a american express.... but I got a visa..

Im still in shock..
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

woohoo Tony, congrats!!

vettemaster: a little delay, but I don't think it will change anything at the end result.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:15 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by manitobain
woohoo Tony, congrats!!

vettemaster: a little delay, but I don't think it will change anything at the end result.
Congrats Tony!! Ilse: thanks for the reassurance. I have just spoken to Knightsbridge Medical Centre as we have changed our phone/cell numbers. They had some good news for us both on the chest and blood test results.
We were both ok.

Last edited by vettemaster; Jul 10th 2012 at 5:49 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.