Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Vettemaster, (back from work again ). About the photos, we had to take them to the medical with us, for each person. They attach them to the X-Ray paperwork and then to the medical paperwork also (they were done in two different locations). Had to pay at both places individually for each section.

About the fee, I had to pay only one $490 fee because it was just for the principal applicant however I will check because its just me and my daughter so it might be different for you -yep - just checked its 2 x $490 for you and a spouse and dependents are exempt (lucky me )

The method of payment, I copied below. I got a bankers draft and made it payable to the Receiver General - as below. Also you have to include the e mail confirmation from the earlier payments of $550 each (it says it somewhere on it, I think on the back of the sheet you just received outlining what they want - page with tickbox and info on it). I then sent it next day delivery to London (England) signed for. (However I have never heard a thing since , and no idea if they ever even received that or the medicals )

Hope that helps. About the CIIP stuff, they have a Manitoba specific session sometime in July - so they said when they replied to my application. Also for that we had to scan the medical requests with the photos on, and then upload them on to an e mail reply they requested. They give a short time once you register and reply. We had a few days to do Resume and reply - grand if you have lots of time .

Hope your medical doesnt take too long to get an appointment. Is it correct that you will have to go to either London or Manchester now?

Good luck with it all, its really straightforward but just a little nerve wrecking and exciting

Method of payment options

Complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620) and include it with your application to the CIO. On–line payments are not accepted by the CIO.

In Canadian funds only, you may pay

by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada." or
with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
Note: Certified cheques, bank drafts and money orders may have expiry dates. When you submit your application to the CIO, the expiry date must be at least five months into the future.

If there is no expiry date on your certified cheque, money order or bank draft and it is drawn on a foreign bank, it can only be cashed for 6 months from the date of issue. To ensure it can still be cashed when the fee payment is processed at the CIO, it must be issued no more than 30 days before you send your application to the CIO.

If you are paying by credit card, please ensure that your credit card will be valid for at least nine months from your submission date.

If we are unable to process your payment, your application will be returned to you.

Important information
Each application from a principal applicant must include a fee payment form. This form must include the fees for the principal applicant and any accompanying family members.

The same fee payment form may not be used for more than one principal applicant.

Do not enclose cash.
If you are a resident of one of the countries listed on our website, AND are unable to pay in Canadian Funds, visit the responsible visa office website for fee payment instructions and to obtain the fee payment form. Include with your application to the CIO a copy of your receipt from the visa office as proof of payment.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Sorry, forgot to include this:

2. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which will be requested at a later stage if your application is approved.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee Number of
persons Amount
per person Amount Due
Principal applicant 1 x $490 $490
Spouse or common-law partner x $490
Total Payment: $
Note: Dependent children are exempt from paying the right of Permanent Residence fee.

If you are a resident of one of the countries listed on our website, AND are unable to pay in Canadian Funds, visit the responsible visa office website for fee payment instructions and to obtain the fee payment form. Include with your application to the CIO a copy of your receipt from the visa office as proof of payment.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:26 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi Vettemaster, (back from work again ). About the photos, we had to take them to the medical with us, for each person. They attach them to the X-Ray paperwork and then to the medical paperwork also (they were done in two different locations). Had to pay at both places individually for each section.

About the fee, I had to pay only one $490 fee because it was just for the principal applicant however I will check because its just me and my daughter so it might be different for you -yep - just checked its 2 x $490 for you and a spouse and dependents are exempt (lucky me )

The method of payment, I copied below. I got a bankers draft and made it payable to the Receiver General - as below. Also you have to include the e mail confirmation from the earlier payments of $550 each (it says it somewhere on it, I think on the back of the sheet you just received outlining what they want - page with tickbox and info on it). I then sent it next day delivery to London (England) signed for. (However I have never heard a thing since , and no idea if they ever even received that or the medicals )

Hope that helps. About the CIIP stuff, they have a Manitoba specific session sometime in July - so they said when they replied to my application. Also for that we had to scan the medical requests with the photos on, and then upload them on to an e mail reply they requested. They give a short time once you register and reply. We had a few days to do Resume and reply - grand if you have lots of time .

Hope your medical doesnt take too long to get an appointment. Is it correct that you will have to go to either London or Manchester now?

Good luck with it all, its really straightforward but just a little nerve wrecking and exciting

Method of payment options

Complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620) and include it with your application to the CIO. On–line payments are not accepted by the CIO.

In Canadian funds only, you may pay

by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada." or
with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
Note: Certified cheques, bank drafts and money orders may have expiry dates. When you submit your application to the CIO, the expiry date must be at least five months into the future.

If there is no expiry date on your certified cheque, money order or bank draft and it is drawn on a foreign bank, it can only be cashed for 6 months from the date of issue. To ensure it can still be cashed when the fee payment is processed at the CIO, it must be issued no more than 30 days before you send your application to the CIO.

If you are paying by credit card, please ensure that your credit card will be valid for at least nine months from your submission date.

If we are unable to process your payment, your application will be returned to you.

Important information
Each application from a principal applicant must include a fee payment form. This form must include the fees for the principal applicant and any accompanying family members.

The same fee payment form may not be used for more than one principal applicant.

Do not enclose cash.
Hi Violets, Thanks for helping us with this. As far as we know we can have our Medicals done in Bristol? (if they are still doing them) as this was the Medical centre we found on the CIC website(it was a few months ago).

I see that there has plenty of discussion on the Right of Permanent Residency Fee and how to pay this! Not as simple as it was in the beginning, when we could pay by Credit cards etc.

We are very excited and looking forward to getting the process over and done with. We may even send in our Copy of passport pages and 2 photos early to save a month or so as we have seen most people have to do this after there medicals have been requested. What harm could it do?

I am surprised it has taken so long for your COPR? It is Canada day today as well so I do not know if they get a few days off in London?
We hope you hear something soon
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:33 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Sorry, forgot to include this:

2. The Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which will be requested at a later stage if your application is approved.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee Number of
persons Amount
per person Amount Due
Principal applicant 1 x $490 $490
Spouse or common-law partner x $490
Total Payment: $
Note: Dependent children are exempt from paying the right of Permanent Residence fee.

Great, looks like the DMP list has shrunk http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:00 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Why did you have to have your Medical done in 2 different places?
Looks like we will have to go to London for ours
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Great, looks like the DMP list has shrunk http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
OHHH wow!! That list looks really limited, unless you live in ESSEX for some reason!! How crazy, we had Cambridge as an option but when we applied for the medical they said that they would not be doing them any longer, from June. Im not sure why its changed, there was a thread on it but I cant remember if any reasons were found for it in the end - maybe cuts of some sort.

The Right of Residence Fee was not as bad as it seemed in the bank, I would recommend just going in to the bank and ordering it because when it came back to us, it was fine. It would be so much easier by credit card for sure, dont really understand why its not done .

Hummm, what a good idea to send in the copies early - not sure if it would do harm at all because if everything goes well then they have them and the worst that could happen is that they just send you the request again (because that might be someone elses job ). I wish I thought of it .

To be honest, Im not too bothered that we have not had the COPR yet, its just Im more wanting to know that they dont want any more medical stuff . People have written in theads that CIC have received their medicals and I havent seen anything like that at all so don't know.

Its really exciting now, and when your medical is done, there is this feeling of - ohh my god, thats it, nothing more to do just WAIT!!! Then the feeling of I just want to GO NOW!!! .
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why did you have to have your Medical done in 2 different places?
Looks like we will have to go to London for ours
One medical center for the medical and the other hospital for the X-Ray. The two centers were a couple of miles apart but we did the x-ray one morning and the medical two days later because my daughter had exams - at the wrong time . Some others on here have also said that they go to a hospital nearby for the x-ray. Both were really quick, no real waiting about. X-rays were about a half hour in total for us from signing the forms to finishing and paying. The medical itself took about half an hour or just over each (I asked for blood tests first because I said I wanted it out of the way, however the Dr thought she would take my blood pressure first then do blood - how mad is that ). Best feeling in the world when its done
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:04 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, good to not quite a few practitioners in the Manchester area
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Thanks for the link, good to not quite a few practitioners in the Manchester area
We went to the Bridgwater one in manchester and I would really recommend them. Free parking and all under one roof in the same section which was a god send with us having 3 girls under 7 lol
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:52 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockspie
We went to the Bridgwater one in manchester and I would really recommend them. Free parking and all under one roof in the same section which was a god send with us having 3 girls under 7 lol
Thanks really appreciate the insight and will make a note of that place if we get to medicsls stage
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

I did mine with Basil Mansions in Knightsbridge(London). The doctor has been doing them for years. I got a appointment right away too.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:41 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
No Problem, just be glad when we have completed ours
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:46 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
I did mine with Basil Mansions in Knightsbridge(London). The doctor has been doing them for years. I got a appointment right away too.
HI Tony, we though about The Bridge Clinic, in Slough, or Knightsbridge or Spire Hartswood Hospital in Essex. The Bridge Clinic call you back for an appointment after you have submitted a form. We want one as soon as possible. We have also noticed prices vary quite a bit and some do open at weekends. What were the prices like at Knightsbridge and how quickly did they see you?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi Vettemaster. I paid £280. I phoned up Monday and I was seen to Thursday. got a bit lost trying to find it. But the receptionist was very helpful.
Xrays are in house. Though the X-Ray woman was a bit funny. (Perhaps she was having a bad day. No big deal). The doctor was fine.

I got there early and mooched around Harrods as its next door. There is a Waggamamas nearby too. So I went there after to stuff my face with yummy food.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:03 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hi Vettemaster. I paid £280. I phoned up Monday and I was seen to Thursday. got a bit lost trying to find it. But the receptionist was very helpful.
Xrays are in house. Though the X-Ray woman was a bit funny. (Perhaps she was having a bad day. No big deal). The doctor was fine.

I got there early and mooched around Harrods as its next door. There is a Waggamamas nearby too. So I went there after to stuff my face with yummy food.
Hi Tony, Fun working nights and being up early after noon lol! I have just booked our appointments in KnightsBridge! for next Monday! Nice drive up from Somerset (near Weston S Mare ) Waggamamas it will be when we get there
Price was £280 all in each

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.