Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 30th 2015, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Sponsorship approval and next stage of PR application began 21st Sept 2015, medicals confirmed received too.

Awaiting SCQ - applying to move to Montreal.

Will follow this to CIC when we receive and will update.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisbrought125
I've just had decision made and I'm in the kitchener area of ontario at the mo. Would this be the best option for me to land as well when the paperwork arrives? Is peace bridge the same place as rainbow bridge as I thought that was the one to cross (haven't done a great deal of research into this yet!)

Also like to say thanks to everyone on this forum whilst I'm at it. Not sure where I'd be without the useful information here that everyone contributes! Funny how people can be in such similar situations and makes things a lot easier when you know your not on your own!

Chris
No two different border crossings. On the drive down, I kept checking the shortest line on this website, which keeps track of how busy each crossing is for both the US and Canadian side. Best of luck with crossing

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

I just want to make sure I have not made a mistake!
I'm still waiting to hear about my application for spousal sponsorship (Outland app). It's been 13 months & nearly 2 weeks (not that I'm counting)! My application was received back on 20th oct'14, got spousal approval in mid Jan and then waited, I never heard anything so I sent a case specific enquiry on Wednesday 4th Nov'15 asking for an update on my application as its gone way over the 1 year mark, I got an email on Monday 9th nov'15 asking to confirm travel & other illnesses as my medical had expired so depending on what I replied they may be able to grant an extension.
My worry is when I got this email I hit the reply button and replied that way. Looking back in not sure if I should have done that or sent a new case specific enquiry back to them!
I'm so worried as the 1 year mark has way gone and with Xmas & new year coming up I don't want this to drag into the new year as I was hoping to give up work by end of March to fly to Vancouver to be with my husband & to top things off every family member is now all of a sudden an immigration expert and putting stupid ideas in my parents head they are getting on my nerves & I don't need that stress!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

P4rv1n - when you applied the average time for London was 11 months I believe, and it clearly says on the CIC page that you add the sponsorship time AND the London time together. Also remember that the 11 months (now 28 months) is based on past applications and is how long they take to process 80% of applications.

In regards to your query I got the same email as you back in October and I replied to sender and they received my info. If you are worried send a CSE asking them to confirm if they got it, you may not get a reply but you never know.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrewbrit, just upsetting as I thought I was at the end now but clearly that's not the case, my application is straight forward no issues with kids, criminal convictions no nothing.
I'll send them another CSE and see if they reply, I've been checking my emails and logging into our file thing (forgotten what it's called), but absolutely nothing.
Do you think it's cheeky if I put '***important***' in the subject field? As I've seen in their auto response if nothing is highlighted then they trawl through it as and when!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Do what you got to do. On the CSE page they say put "Urgent" if it is urgent.

Personally I have lost all hope of a quick process and I am kind of preparing/accepting that it will take 28 months!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my god, please don't say 28 months. Surely if it's just our Medicals they are getting clarification on, are we not towards the end of the process?
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Towards yes. Close who knows?
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

I thought as my forms was sent and recieved before the influx from Pakistan I would have missed all that and been safe with the 11 months mark! Talk about delusional!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I applied a month before you and I am still waiting, look at the spreadsheet there are people waiting from April, May, June 2014.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Oh gosh! So disheartening!
I better crack on with that email before I get more family members becoming immigration experts & telling me what I should do!
Thankyou Andrewbrit.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bromelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Andrew Brit,

As promised, an update from my side: I received the COPR letter today.

Off to flagpole soon (sounds painful, doesn't it).

I did chuckle at the section stating that it is conditional for two years: should I expect there to be government spies lurking around every corner or secret cameras in our apartment? Big brother is watching you…

I really hope yours is on its way. You must be climbing the walls. It was just shy of a few days since we sent off the darn application in 2014 - a year is far too long to wait, especially when I have put everything on hold.

There must be a better system. I have several suggestions I would like to make so may put pen to paper.

I am keeping everything crossed for you. Thank you again for keeping this post going. You have been a great support in many moments of need.

I hope 2016 brings you much happiness and joy that you deserve.

Take care :-)

Last edited by Bromelia; Dec 1st 2015 at 7:00 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
I thought as my forms was sent and recieved before the influx from Pakistan I would have missed all that and been safe with the 11 months mark! Talk about delusional!
Cases from Pakistan have been processed in London since 2013, so well before you applied.

Good luck, I hope you'll hear soon.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Cases from Pakistan have been processed in London since 2013, so well before you applied.

Good luck, I hope you'll hear soon.
Thank you
Oh I didn't realise that, I thought that influx came after because the waiting times went from 11 months to a whopping 28 or so months!

I shall sit tight and hope for best (& hopefully some news before the year is out)!
Old Dec 1st 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Admin,

Royal Mail has just changed to delivered today (1.12.15). Can I please be added to the Spreadsheet? It's a CL application from London.

Fingers crossed!

Also, this website is the best thing in the world - my application would not have been well put together without your wiki and the forum.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.