Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:33 am
Just Joined

kazalicojack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi andrewbrit

It looks right to me. If you want the info for completeness, I can't remember when the application was "in process" but I did the medical upfront (on 1st May).

Thanks to you (and SchnookoLoly) for maintaining the sheet.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:34 am
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Application Received November 4th - Can I be added to the spreadsheet please. Application from Cambridge, UK, Married

Last edited by rtoddpm; Nov 26th 2015 at 7:36 am.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got Decision Made! Hoping it's good news and i'll get something in the post soon then Did send them an email a few days ago but with no response so wonder if it made any difference.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrought125
I've got Decision Made! Hoping it's good news and i'll get something in the post soon then Did send them an email a few days ago but with no response so wonder if it made any difference.
Congratulations. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 26th 2015, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

When the COPR is issued, how long do you get to "arrive" in Canada .
Old Nov 26th 2015, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
When the COPR is issued, how long do you get to "arrive" in Canada .
Answered in the FAQ
Old Nov 26th 2015, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Application Received November 4th - Can I be added to the spreadsheet please. Application from Cambridge, UK, Married
Thanks, added. Can you tell me when you did your medical exam?
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TorontoBartender is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys. So I landed today, through the Peace Bridge at Niagara Falls. Was a simple process which took maybe 20 minutes. The officer asked if I still was with my common law spouse, when we first started living together, then all the basic dependant and criminality checks. She did however warn me that without my PR it can be difficult to re enter when flying into the country if not through Air Canada. Very happy the whole process is over but it is a little surreal that I am a landed immigrant and have a 5 for my sin number not 9. Thanks for everyones help on this forum especially andrewbrit who helps keep that essential spreadsheet together. Best of luck to you all. Dan
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender
Hey guys. So I landed today, through the Peace Bridge at Niagara Falls. Was a simple process which took maybe 20 minutes. The officer asked if I still was with my common law spouse, when we first started living together, then all the basic dependant and criminality checks. She did however warn me that without my PR it can be difficult to re enter when flying into the country if not through Air Canada. Very happy the whole process is over but it is a little surreal that I am a landed immigrant and have a 5 for my sin number not 9. Thanks for everyones help on this forum especially andrewbrit who helps keep that essential spreadsheet together. Best of luck to you all. Dan
I've just had decision made and I'm in the kitchener area of ontario at the mo. Would this be the best option for me to land as well when the paperwork arrives? Is peace bridge the same place as rainbow bridge as I thought that was the one to cross (haven't done a great deal of research into this yet!)

Also like to say thanks to everyone on this forum whilst I'm at it. Not sure where I'd be without the useful information here that everyone contributes! Funny how people can be in such similar situations and makes things a lot easier when you know your not on your own!

Chris

Last edited by chrisbrought125; Nov 27th 2015 at 2:27 am.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 4:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TorontoBartender

Congrats!!
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-welcome-home-canada-cake.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Emmz28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I received my COPR in the post on Nov 24th. I moved to Canada a few months ago so it was sent to my Canadian address here. Just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the help and advice, this forum is fantastic! Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision!
Old Nov 27th 2015, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated Emmz28.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

MKBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Update: received request for proof of ongoing sponsor communication and plans to reside in Canada. All stuff that was evidenced and detailed in the original application. Frustrating but what can you do but submit again!
Old Nov 27th 2015, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Skyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond reputeSkyva has a reputation beyond repute

Decision Made today!

CIC still have my old address; I sent them our Marriage Certificate and paid the PR fee a few weeks ago, and they have not acknowledged that, but I guess it is good news - I hope!
Old Nov 27th 2015, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations Skyva, spreadsheet updated.

Spreadsheet updated MKBrit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.