Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Mine2
Hi fellow sufferers,

we are also in the frustrating 'in process' stage since Oct 7th. Where can I send an email query and how should I format it? I am the applicant and have not received any document requests or anything. Does this bode ill? I really do try and be positive but have lately gotten so down. It's painful.

words of wisdom, reassurance, honesty......anything would be welcome...

thanks.
If your previous posts are correct then you only applied in April? So it's far too early to be worrying about it or chasing CIC! You say 'in process', but just your Ecas say just that, or does it actually say 'we started processing your application on xxxx date'?

You shouldn't have any document requests if you've done everything you were supposed to (i.e. medical) and sent everything in with your application that you were required to, so not having any document requests is a positive thing, as it means your application is complete.

Give it until spring next year and then if you still haven't heard anything, send a case specific email.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
For the record I have pandered to them and asked nicely and I am still waiting, so I would rather vent a little bit too.
Hi AB - I remember guys on this forum suggesting I reach out to a Canadian MP when my first stage was just stuck.

That yielded results. Have you gone down that route? Man I'm getting frustrated on your behalf pal...
Old Nov 20th 2015, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Hi AB - I remember guys on this forum suggesting I reach out to a Canadian MP when my first stage was just stuck.

That yielded results. Have you gone down that route? Man I'm getting frustrated on your behalf pal...
Yes I have. No use. Told to wait 3 months before contacting the MP again.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Christmasoompa,

yes, our application was submitted in April. The status changed on ECAS on October 7th and when I click on that it says that they started processing my application on June 15th.

The reason I'm worried is that according to the S/Sheet other people have got DM within a few weeks of ECAS showing 'in process'. From 'in process' to 'DM' seems to go quickly even though the standard total Application processing time is around 12 months.

When you're waiting, every little thing seems to generate anxiety.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mine2
Hi Christmasoompa,

yes, our application was submitted in April. The status changed on ECAS on October 7th and when I click on that it says that they started processing my application on June 15th.

The reason I'm worried is that according to the S/Sheet other people have got DM within a few weeks of ECAS showing 'in process'. From 'in process' to 'DM' seems to go quickly even though the standard total Application processing time is around 12 months.

When you're waiting, every little thing seems to generate anxiety.
Ecas is notoriously unreliable, but worrying about it when you only applied 7 months ago and the current average processing time is 10-12 months is just not productive.

I know it's easier said than done when you're waiting for PR (I have been there), but you're making it far harder on yourself by worrying so much when you're well within processing times.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Mine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond reputeMine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken.

thanks.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I was approved as a sponsor back in June and received an email that the application had gone to London for processing in August. For the first little while, we could see our application status ('in process') on CIC website. However, over the past month we haven't been able to log in at all. Should I be worried? I checked that my details are consistent across all our forms and am definitely typing in the correct information :\
Old Nov 20th 2015, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bromelia
Andrew Brit,

Just checked my status and it says Decision Made. Can you please update the spreadsheet?

I wonder how long until it arrives in the post. Gosh, the anticipation is going to kill me. I hope it is good news!

Btw, any joy yet your end? I think you should email them if not.

Keep everything crossed for you and all the others out there who are waiting.

Congrats Bromelia,

I as well have not heard a single dicky bird, since asking about my medical.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

kazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond reputekazhaz79 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just a wee update for the spreadsheet; we got our COPR in the post today. We sent photos away on the 4th Nov so it took just over a fortnight to get COPR in the post.

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Yes I have. No use. Told to wait 3 months before contacting the MP again.
Earlier this year when my Stage 1 went over 2 months overdue, I took this forums advice and contacted my wife's MP in Oakvillle. After a few days she came back with "they say they have received your application and are processing it". Gave me the 80% spiel and said call back in 3 months.

I then called my wife's MP in Mississauga (she grew up there) and this guy seemed to be more empathic and well connected. He sent an email through some kinda formal system demanding a status and reason as to why I'm not being processed like other applicants - I got the Srage 1 Approval ASAP.

I guess im saying that in my experience not all MP's are the same so maybe try another one.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, update for the spreadsheet....

We got DM...... But wait!......... its not good news i'm afraid. I have been refused PR on the grounds that he (the officer) feels that we don't meet the requirements for Conjugal Partner.

We have been given the right to appeal, and we are preparing our application of appeal.

We have 30 days in which to appeal.

We do intend on appealing, as we feel we have a case, however should that fail, then like many of you already have - we will marry and then apply again.

I will stay online on these forums and update you how we progress.

A-B will you keep us on spreadsheet and i will update you on appeal ?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

kazhaz79: Spreadsheet updated, good luck with your landing. If you can have a quick look at the spreadsheet and let me know everything is spot on (location, requests, etc) before you ride off into the sunset with your COPR that would be great.

dminty: Sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity did you get DM on ECAS and then receive a letter explaining you have been refused?

For now I have moved you to the inactive section but should your appeal be unsuccessful and you marry/apply again then I will add you back.

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

A-B - no we got email of refusal notification 18/11, ECAS was updated with DM today 20/11
Old Nov 21st 2015, 11:26 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

dminty, don't waste your time appealing. You will be rejected. The fact that you CAN get married means you are not eligible for conjugal. Just get married and reapply, save yourself time and money. (The appeals process is not fast! If you reapplied you'd probably have PR before your appeal was heard !)
Old Nov 21st 2015, 4:45 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

So after receiving a request for more photos and a list of countries visited since our last medicals, yesterday I had another mail, this time asking for yet more photos, updated info and copies of passports.
Apparently we can send this stuff to Ottawa rather than London if we are going to be in Canada for at least 3 months (we've been here with dual intent since April). Just wondering if anyone else had done this and whether they got COPR more quickly than if they had sent their stuff to London?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.