Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks for responding to my PM query pauc, spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Kelly 's application took only 48 days from start to finish so it is possible to speed things up . However, his went through Mississauga which probably has some spare capacity.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 6:08 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
Andy Kelly 's application took only 48 days from start to finish so it is possible to speed things up . However, his went through Mississauga which probably has some spare capacity.
All the Mississauga applications were stupidly fast. I think it was an anomaly.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bromelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey Siouxie - I nearly choked on my cereal when I read this this morning and fell of my chair! Five years? Gosh, how truly awful. I am putting my time to good use so do not worry about that :-). Thank you for the fingers crossed. Toes, legs, everything else too :-).

P4rv1n - I know it is great being here together (and I bet you miss your fella sooo much) BUT after a year of waiting with little direction, really takes its toll (that said, not sure we could cope being apart for so long).

TRC - I have everything crossed for you!!!!!! I am sure it will be resolved quickly now you have your MP involved!!! Let us know how it goes!

Former Lancastrian - I appreciate the volume of applications that the officers have to contend with, and I am sure they are being stretched. I am certain that there are doing a grand job, as at the end of the day they are protecting a country so have to do their necessary due diligence. So, with this in mind, the government should allocate more resources to deal with the volume of applications. What I cannot fathom is that it is not a free service; it costs well over 1,000 bucks for the application online. I just don't understand where that money goes.

But the most frustrating thing is, actually primarily the two most frustrating things are:

1) if you state that the applications will take x amount of time, you stick with it. Going from a year in total to the big unknown (hey, this could take another two years) is unfair

2) there needs to be an orderly system: I do not deem my application as complex (and it had everything that was required) so not sure why people who applied this year are fortunate enough to have a quick turnaround time and receiving their DM

I just want to finish on this: I feel very privileged that I am able to be united with my loved one in Canada. All I am asking for is a better system, whereby there is more dialogue between us and the CIC so we have a better idea of where we stand, i.e. how long we will have to wait. This way, we can plan accordingly, and if need be resort to a plan B whilst we wait, whatever that might be.

Good luck everyone!
Old Nov 12th 2015, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

What wait? Someone's whole entire application only took 48 days, whereas the rest of us are sat here waiting patiently for a year, some longer? This surely cannot be right?

I just don't get it. Where is the strategy / methodology behind this?

I am having to resist from using the table or wall as something to hit my head on.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bromelia
What wait? Someone's whole entire application only took 48 days, whereas the rest of us are sat here waiting patiently for a year, some longer? This surely cannot be right?

I just don't get it. Where is the strategy / methodology behind this?

I am having to resist from using the table or wall as something to hit my head on.
LOL, that made me giggle - I too want to just bash my head sometimes, sucks when there's no logic in something! I'm a very patient person but this is testing me!
My application is outbound & I was in Canada with my husband last year from May 2014 till end of Jan 2015 & I decided it would be better for me to return to the UK and continue to work (I hadn't resigned from my job), plus I was itching to return to work and save as much as I could for a deposit, living with in laws is so not fun! So at the moment that's the only thing keeping me going, knowing I'm here to work my arse off and save for a deposit for a house (fingers crossed).
Old Nov 13th 2015, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hey P4rv1n (love that name, can't help myself but giggle at that!),

I think this whole waiting game is sending us all a bit nuts lol. I am not a particularly patient person, so having to wait for a year and coming across numerous frustrating hurdles (inland conditions changing (maybe this would have been better so I could at least work whilst I wait?), February processing times, now the final wait and with Christmas around the corner I wonder if this will push things to next year?) has been very hard but I am impressed that even by my standards I have been pretty patient lol. Kind of a comfort to see that it is testing even the most patient of people like your good self ;-)!

The frustrating thing is that I had a few job offers for temporary overseas projects, they only last a few months at a time but I could not pursue these positions as they are too long and could very well jeopardise our common law application if left for that amount of time. At this stage, after all this time, effort, money, and losing our minds slightly, we just did not want to risk it just in case.

I just wished the CIC would take something like this into account, i.e. when the processing times are a lot longer than what was initially thought, then maybe be a little more flexible re: those people being able to leave the country to pursue temporary positions? Long distance relationships are not fun by any means, but as you so rightly say, at least you can start saving for a future together (and after all, you have the rest of your lives together and it would be nice to be able to buy a house, etc and just be a little more comfortable). Or better still, let us work here temporarily whilst we wait like they do for inland (although I guess this is not realistic as this is the only option that comes with inland).

Anyway, I am trying to keep my chin up as they say.

Keeping everything crossed for those of us who have been waiting for a while now. And for those who have been receiving answers before us, i.e. this year in a matter of months, please go and buy a lotto ticket! It seems you are blessed with good luck lol!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Hi Bromelia,

Oh lord don't, I think I would be bitter if the ones who got DM before us also won the lottery!
I hope we get a decision before Christmas, otherwise that's just going to delay things further because then it will be New Years, I too want to start looking for potential jobs I can apply for soon rather than go out to Canada and then apply, at least I will have DM in my hand.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

cocamoe11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Received the e-mail asking for passport photos! & one more fee to pay, I assume this is considered the decision made stage? They didn't ask for him to send in his passport. It doesn't say anything about us getting approved which is annoying, just a line in there to clarify would've been helpful...unless we're not that far along yet?! But in any case, new info for the spreadsheet!
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

cocamoe11 what was the exact request? Passport photos is not normally a sign of DM, but if it was a scan of your passport pages, passport style photos then it is a DM/

Secondly is the fee to pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)?
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes, all it says is

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications).
RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.

I'm living in England with my partner (I'm the sponsor) but there aren't actual instructions on how to pay this, I'm assuming it's just through the website and I should choose paying from the UK when I go to pay?
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated. Out of curiosity did you include passport style photos in your original application?

Let me know if ECAS changes to DM .

It has been over a year since I paid all my fees so I am not sure in regards to your question but as you are in the UK that sounds like the way to go. Once you have your payment/fee receipt send them a copy.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

We did include them in the original application.

ECAS hasn't changed but we received the e-mail yesterday & as they aren't updated until Tuesday maybe it'll change next week..

I paid fees with my application too, $550 CAN on Feb 26th, which I sent with a receipt with our application so now I have to pay an additional $550?
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cocamoe11
We did include them in the original application.

ECAS hasn't changed but we received the e-mail yesterday & as they aren't updated until Tuesday maybe it'll change next week..

I paid fees with my application too, $550 CAN on Feb 26th, which I sent with a receipt with our application so now I have to pay an additional $550?
Sorry, just found this in the FAQs

For a Canadian sponsor sponsoring their partner and no one else:
  • 1) Application fee of $75
  • 2) Principal applicant fee of $475
  • 3) Right of Permanent Residence fee of $490
The total fee is $1040.

So I must have paid the first $550 at the beginning of the application, I'll pay the $490 now for the ROPR and hope it doesn't take too much longer from here.

Last edited by cocamoe11; Nov 13th 2015 at 10:32 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 12:36 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yay FAQ!

Btw the Tuesday thing is a myth, tons on here have has ecas update all days of the week, some on Saturdays!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.