Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by hoyler30589
managed to download the letter its my COPR but do i still have to wait for the real one to come in the post before i can "land"
Yes - you do.

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when your paper COPR arrives.....

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Nov 3rd 2016 at 7:36 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kanukki
Excellent, thanks! My wife received her SA today, and the application was forwarded to Ottawa!
Lovely, thanks - spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Kanukki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Lovely, thanks - spreadsheet updated.
The date on the spreadsheet was mistakenly put as October 3rd rather than November 3rd. I was thinking that it had been a bit longer than 67 days
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kanukki
The date on the spreadsheet was mistakenly put as October 3rd rather than November 3rd. I was thinking that it had been a bit longer than 67 days
Ooops! That'll teach me to try to updated things after a couple of drinks!!!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

It's here!

Final decision: This application has been approved

Thank you for all of your help, especially Hurlabrick. I'm not even sure what the next steps are and part of me is nervous that this might not even be 100% confirmed. But it says on my linked account that the application is closed and the decision has been approved...that means I'm good to go, right?!

I guess you can update the spreadsheet
Old Nov 4th 2016, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beezeroo
It's here!

Final decision: This application has been approved

Thank you for all of your help, especially Hurlabrick. I'm not even sure what the next steps are and part of me is nervous that this might not even be 100% confirmed. But it says on my linked account that the application is closed and the decision has been approved...that means I'm good to go, right?!

I guess you can update the spreadsheet
Yep - that's it - congratulations. You will of course have to wait for the COPR before boarding the plane, that should arrive 'signed for' post in the next week or so. Please let us know when you have your COPR.

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...absolutely over the moon!

Do you know if the COPR will arrive with me (Home Address) or my partner in Canada (Mailing Address)? I assume the latter?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks...absolutely over the moon!

Do you know if the COPR will arrive with me (Home Address) or my partner in Canada (Mailing Address)? I assume the latter?
It will go to the mailing address.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply, HighCeiling.

Do you know if it needs to be with me here, i.e. she'll have to post it over? I'm wondering if I need a physical copy of it when I get to the airport.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 10:15 am
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Yes - you do.

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when your paper COPR arrives.....
Thank you was nice feeling to see approved it's all thanks to the hard work and help of everyone on here.

Will post when paper COPR arrived

Thank you to everyone in this forum
Old Nov 4th 2016, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your reply, HighCeiling.

Do you know if it needs to be with me here, i.e. she'll have to post it over? I'm wondering if I need a physical copy of it when I get to the airport.
Yes, you do need the physical copy.

I would strongly suggest that they courier it over (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS etc) rather than post it. A virtually guaranteed three days with 100% tracking vs who knows how many days with lots of finger crossing. Costs a bit, but you have already spent a lot to date on this, this is the final bit.

Have a read of this in the BE wiki (if you haven't already). Explains the next steps.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...in_the_post.3F

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Nov 4th 2016 at 6:47 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi chaps,

I got the COPR on Tuesday and went around the flagpole today!

Thank you to everyone on this forum. I may not be a PR if not for your help (particularly Schnookololy and Hurlabrick). So, I owe you all a lot.

If anyone wants to know about Flagpoling at Lansdowne / 1000 Islands area, let me know! It was a very easy and pretty pleasant experience.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hi chaps,

I got the COPR on Tuesday and went around the flagpole today!

Thank you to everyone on this forum. I may not be a PR if not for your help (particularly Schnookololy and Hurlabrick). So, I owe you all a lot.

If anyone wants to know about Flagpoling at Lansdowne / 1000 Islands area, let me know! It was a very easy and pretty pleasant experience.
You are most welcome!

Congratulations on your final step - now for the shiny plastic card! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi does the paper copy of the copr when sent to canada come through canada post or a courier? reason im asking is were just moving to a new apartment and was going to put a redirect on the mail but dont want to find the copr slips through the cracks

thank you

the truth is our friends we were living with have just thrown us out so hostile situation and dont know whats best to do as dont want to miss this important document

Last edited by hoyler30589; Nov 6th 2016 at 1:41 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hoyler30589
hi does the paper copy of the copr when sent to canada come through canada post or a courier? reason im asking is were just moving to a new apartment and was going to put a redirect on the mail but dont want to find the copr slips through the cracks

thank you

the truth is our friends we were living with have just thrown us out so hostile situation and dont know whats best to do as dont want to miss this important document

Hmmm - the wiki section is somewhat ambiguous about whether it is 'signed-for' in Canada or not. Section here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Perhaps a kind soul who has received a COPR at a Canadian address will be along.

I assume you have changed your address with CIC (but are worried that it may already have been sent)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.