Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 2nd 2016, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Thanks for your reply.

I thought that might be the case but wondered if there might be any hints that I hadn't picked up on.

How long have you been waiting?
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beezeroo
Thanks for your reply.

I thought that might be the case but wondered if there might be any hints that I hadn't picked up on.

Yep AIUI 'background checks in progress' is a two / three week deal (maybe less, depends on if they find anything) before decision made.

You are so nearly there, but I do understand you anxiety - whereas I KNOW that I have a three or four month wait before I can start to stress - wanna trade????
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, your help has been great during this process. I only hope that your prediction is accurate!

I am sorry to hear that you have a long wait ahead of you. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Thanks for your reply.

My application arrived in July and SA was early September. I was asked for IMM5409 (think that was the number - also i think the Wiki guidance may need an update re that form) and it took a few weeks for me to turn that around. They've got it now and I'm hoping for movement before Christmas. Was just very lucky to get Ottawa.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Agreed - I was asked for form IMM5409 when most of the online information I could find prior to application implied that it wasn't necessary.

Hope it all goes well for you.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Kanukki is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's an update for the spreadsheet. I'm a Finnish applicant living in Scotland with my Canadian wife. Our application was sent to Mississauga via FedEx on July 25th and arrived on 28th (so much for next day delivery). We received our AOR on August 20th.

Here is where it gets a little bit dicey. I was following the spreadsheet, and noted that other's had received their SA's within about 2 months of their application arriving at CIC-M. We didn't hear anything from CIC-M until September 27th. I had lived in Canada with my family as a child, during which time we had received PR status, so as I "had previously entered Canada as a permanent resident", CIC-M were unable to continue with our application before I "determine [my] current Canadian immigration status". I felt this should have been a fairly straightforward conclusion seeing as I hadn't been permanently resident in Canada for 17 years, but alas. A bit of research identified that a couple others had been in this situation before, and my options would be to apply for a new PRTD (which I was certain I wouldn't receive) or to renounce my previous PR status. I sent in my application to renounce PR to Canada House on October 12th. London was surprisingly quick in processing this application, and I received confirmation that I was no longer a PR on October 19th. We uploaded this correspondence to CIC the same day using the case specific enquiry link.

The Review of Eligibility status on my 'My CIC' account changed to 'Review in Progress' yesterday (November 2nd), so it would appear that the ball is rolling again. My wife has not received confirmation of her SA yet, and ECAS hasn't updated, but hopefully that'll just be a matter of time.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kanukki
Here's an update for the spreadsheet. I'm a Finnish applicant living in Scotland with my Canadian wife. Our application was sent to Mississauga via FedEx on July 25th and arrived on 28th (so much for next day delivery). We received our AOR on August 20th.

Here is where it gets a little bit dicey. I was following the spreadsheet, and noted that other's had received their SA's within about 2 months of their application arriving at CIC-M. We didn't hear anything from CIC-M until September 27th. I had lived in Canada with my family as a child, during which time we had received PR status, so as I "had previously entered Canada as a permanent resident", CIC-M were unable to continue with our application before I "determine [my] current Canadian immigration status". I felt this should have been a fairly straightforward conclusion seeing as I hadn't been permanently resident in Canada for 17 years, but alas. A bit of research identified that a couple others had been in this situation before, and my options would be to apply for a new PRTD (which I was certain I wouldn't receive) or to renounce my previous PR status. I sent in my application to renounce PR to Canada House on October 12th. London was surprisingly quick in processing this application, and I received confirmation that I was no longer a PR on October 19th. We uploaded this correspondence to CIC the same day using the case specific enquiry link.

The Review of Eligibility status on my 'My CIC' account changed to 'Review in Progress' yesterday (November 2nd), so it would appear that the ball is rolling again. My wife has not received confirmation of her SA yet, and ECAS hasn't updated, but hopefully that'll just be a matter of time.
Spreadsheet updated. Please check your entry, I think I have it summarised it correctly!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

rossd01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks!

Just checking in, we've been hunkering down for the long wait since our application went to London (sigh...). BUT! Good news is I managed to link the application to mycic after many weeks of trying - the guidance a few pages back on this thread really helped. I can't remember the combination of details I put in but it worked!

Also, correct me if i'm wrong by going by the spreadsheet, are we seeing early 2016 applications that have gone via London now being approved...? That's exciting!! I'm hopeful there will be the 'classic' drive you get in normal offices where its 'right guys, lets get all these done for Christmas!' to tie up their workload for the year nicely :P
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rossd01
Hey folks!

Just checking in, we've been hunkering down for the long wait since our application went to London (sigh...). BUT! Good news is I managed to link the application to mycic after many weeks of trying - the guidance a few pages back on this thread really helped. I can't remember the combination of details I put in but it worked!

Also, correct me if i'm wrong by going by the spreadsheet, are we seeing early 2016 applications that have gone via London now being approved...? That's exciting!! I'm hopeful there will be the 'classic' drive you get in normal offices where its 'right guys, lets get all these done for Christmas!' to tie up their workload for the year nicely :P

Congratulations on linking your application to MyCIC - it is a bit of a 'rite of passage'! I have drafted a wiki section on how to go about linking and sent this to Schnooks for review and putting into the wiki for future reference - drawing on that very helpful post back on page 926.

From the spreadsheet, it seems London applications with Sponsor Approved dates in April and May that are without requests for additional information are being approved for COPR. So I would Hope that you would hear something before Christmas - dingers crossed for you!

Now that you are linked to MyCIC, the thing to watch out for is when your application shows 'Background Checks: In Progress' - once this happens people have reported that it goes to 'Approved' within days or two - three weeks at most (unless of course background checks hit a snag).

Fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 12:11 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
My application arrived in July and SA was early September. I was asked for IMM5409 (think that was the number - also i think the Wiki guidance may need an update re that form) and it took a few weeks for me to turn that around. They've got it now and I'm hoping for movement before Christmas. Was just very lucky to get Ottawa.
Agreed - I was asked for form IMM5409 when most of the online information I could find prior to application implied that it wasn't necessary.

Hope it all goes well for you.
The official line is that IMM5409 is not needed unless you are cosigning. However it seems that SOME officers do want it for CL applications. The vast majority are not asked, but SOME are.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 5:17 am
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey is anyone having issues getting on mycic it just takes me to frontpage but i managed to get in the first time to see approved but couldnt download the letter will they send it in the mail

thank you

update: managed to download the letter its my COPR but do i still have to wait for the real one to come in the post before i can "land"

Last edited by hoyler30589; Nov 3rd 2016 at 6:03 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
The official line is that IMM5409 is not needed unless you are cosigning. However it seems that SOME officers do want it for CL applications. The vast majority are not asked, but SOME are.
It just seems a fair few have been of late. More so than usual. Plus the explanation for the Wiki (about a co-signer) does not apply to me at all. Nor others it would seem.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see everybody's applications moving along nicely.

We have submitted, had AOP, sponsorship approval and transfer to the London visa office.

What I have now on MyCIC:-

App. status - open
Review of eligibility - Review in progress
Medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - [blank]
Interview - not needed at this time
Background check is needed - not started
Final decision - Not started.

What can we expect to happen next?
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 6:34 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Good to see everybody's applications moving along nicely.

We have submitted, had AOP, sponsorship approval and transfer to the London visa office.

What I have now on MyCIC:-

App. status - open
Review of eligibility - Review in progress
Medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - [blank]
Interview - not needed at this time
Background check is needed - not started
Final decision - Not started.

What can we expect to happen next?
Eligibility and background check are the next two, and then you're good to go. Can't say how long those will take, though.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Kanukki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Spreadsheet updated. Please check your entry, I think I have it summarised it correctly!
Excellent, thanks! My wife received her SA today, and the application was forwarded to Ottawa!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.