Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 30th 2016, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by beezeroo
Hi,

Another quick question. At the stage that we are at, is there any possibility that our application could be rejected? Or is it now just a case of playing the waiting game?

Thanks!
Always a chance, yes. But if you know you meet the criteria and submitted all the required forms and filled them in correctly, then far more likely you just need to wait (we all do). Have you managed to gain access via 'my CIC' and can you see where it is at on the various stages - if not give that a try. If 'background checks' are 'in progress' then that is one of the final stages before decision.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 9:22 am
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

Update for the spreadsheet - I received my COPR today.

Once again thanks to everyone on here and on the Canada Visa (London) thread who have helped and assisted me along the way.

Good luck to everyone who is currently waiting!
Old Oct 31st 2016, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toeknee
Update for the spreadsheet - I received my COPR today.

Once again thanks to everyone on here and on the Canada Visa (London) thread who have helped and assisted me along the way.

Good luck to everyone who is currently waiting!
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

My status is currently:

Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process

Permanent Residence
1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on May 30, 2016.
2. We started processing xx's application on July 26, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

Is the next step the "Background Check" that you mentioned? Is that Step 4?

Thanks again!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 3:52 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

My status is currently:

Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process

Permanent Residence
1. We received xx's application for permanent residence on May 30, 2016.
2. We started processing xx's application on July 26, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

Is the next step the "Background Check" that you mentioned? Is that Step 4?

Thanks again!
I think the background check only shows up on MyCIC, you won't see anything about the background check on ECAS. The next step on ECAS should be DM, and given you're Ottawa it should be reasonably soon. Have you been able to connect your account on MyCIC yet?
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't, no. I'll try to do that just now. Thanks!

What is DM?
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I haven't, no. I'll try to do that just now. Thanks!

What is DM?
Decision Made
Old Nov 1st 2016, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I've just been locked out of linking my application as I attempted it more than 5 times. Incredibly frustrating system to use and I have no idea where I'm going wrong. Hopefully I can sort it soon.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, I see. Thank you.

I've just been locked out of linking my application as I attempted it more than 5 times. Incredibly frustrating system to use and I have no idea where I'm going wrong. Hopefully I can sort it soon.

Thanks again for all of your help.
Funnily enough, I am currently drafting a wiki article on this, but won't be ready for a few days (Will send it to you Schnooks for checking first then we can decide where best it might fit).

But you are in good company, most of us have found this to be very frustrating. It took me 22 attempts over several days. Possibly the best single article on how to succeed can be found on an earlier post on this very thread.

Check out page 926, post number 13881 on this thread. It may also work for you.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 6:51 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Funnily enough, I am currently drafting a wiki article on this, but won't be ready for a few days (Will send it to you Schnooks for checking first then we can decide where best it might fit).
I want to add it to the FAQ. There's an ECAS section there already, so it makes sense to slot it in after that.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, it seems like a bizarre format that isn't particularly easy to use. I will definitely have a look at the post that you've mentioned and try again tomorrow.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I want to add it to the FAQ. There's an ECAS section there already, so it makes sense to slot it in after that.
That is what I was thinking. Ill email you my Word draft in the next few days (although it is significantly longer than the ECAS section).

Article now emailed to you - feel free to hack as you fancy!

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Nov 1st 2016 at 7:33 am.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 8:11 am
Concierge

For anyone in the Toronto area, there's a meetup this coming Friday.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple.../#post12093146

Hurlabrick, I'll have a look this week.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Spoiler:
This might be a silly question but...

When trying to link accounts, should I be entering my details (PA)? Or should the details be my partner's (the sponsor)?

Please ignore the previous message. I managed to link my account - danbsword's advice on page 926 helped a lot.

My current status is as follows:

Application/profile status: Open

Review of eligibility: Review in Progress

Review of medical results: Passed

Review of submitted documents:

Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time

A background check is needed: In Progress

Final decision: Not Started

Does anyone have any experience as to what this means for my application? Hurlabrick - I know you said that "Background checks In progress" might be the last step. Does everything else look good to you?

Again, all help is much appreciated - I feel so much more relaxed and informed about the application process since joining this forum.

Last edited by AKB123; Nov 2nd 2016 at 8:46 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Spoiler:
This might be a silly question but...

When trying to link accounts, should I be entering my details (PA)? Or should the details be my partner's (the sponsor)?

Please ignore the previous message. I managed to link my account - danbsword's advice on page 926 helped a lot.

My current status is as follows:

Application/profile status: Open

Review of eligibility: Review in Progress

Review of medical results: Passed

Review of submitted documents:

Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time

A background check is needed: In Progress

Final decision: Not Started

Does anyone have any experience as to what this means for my application? Hurlabrick - I know you said that "Background checks In progress" might be the last step. Does everything else look good to you?

Again, all help is much appreciated - I feel so much more relaxed and informed about the application process since joining this forum.
It means it is progressing. Mine is exactly the same re the status of our applications. You just gotta be patient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.