Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 17th 2018, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi all - just submitted my husbands application outland to Sydney today. Anyway else in a September timeline? How long have you had to wait to get acknowledgement of receipt?

cheers
Old Sep 17th 2018, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hi all - just submitted my husbands application outland to Sydney today. Anyway else in a September timeline? How long have you had to wait to get acknowledgement of receipt?

cheers
How dis you send it? If by 'proper' courier (FEDEX / DHL), then it will take 4 days to get there, if by Royal Mail / CanadaPost - figure 3 weeks. Once actually received by CPC Sydney, AOR1 anywhere between 3 - 9 weeks from receipt.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

We received the AOR1 email yesterday, application received by CPC Sydney on 27/06/2018.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hanky
We received the AOR1 email yesterday, application received by CPC Sydney on 27/06/2018.
Cheers. Spreadsaheet updated.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am Irish, with a Canadian wife, currently living in London. My application was delivered to Sydney on 7th August and all I have received since then was a request (on September 7th, same as Samba99!) to pay fees for Biometric testing. I paid the fees but I have heard nothing since. Getting a tad nervous as we are heading to Canada in two weeks! I was intending to enter under dual intent...
Can I be added to the spreadsheet?
Old Sep 19th 2018, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dd123
Hi,
I am Irish, with a Canadian wife, currently living in London. My application was delivered to Sydney on 7th August and all I have received since then was a request (on September 7th, same as Samba99!) to pay fees for Biometric testing. I paid the fees but I have heard nothing since. Getting a tad nervous as we are heading to Canada in two weeks! I was intending to enter under dual intent...
They have obviously received your application and checked it (so unlikely to be returned as incomplete) Or they wouldn't have requested biometrics. Relax, it is a waiting game now. I would guess at SA around mid-October. I have added you to the spreadsheet, thanks for participating and best of luck!
Old Sep 19th 2018, 3:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hopefully you will receive Sponsor Approval prior to flying over.. you have read the wiki section on dual intent and what you need to do, right?

Don't forget to apply for your e-TA as well as your spouse preparing a goods to follow > returning resident list, if you/they are shipping stuff over.
The recommended game plan for applying under dual intent is for the Principal Applicant to move to Canada only after Sponsor Approval has been granted. Once SA has been granted, then the PA has a better paper trail of their application being in process.
The PA should book a RETURN ticket to the UK. S/he does not have to use the return ticket, but booking a return ticket is better for two reasons: One, it shows CBSA of an intention to return to the UK if required, and two, airlines are highly unlikely to allow boarding of a passenger with only a one-way ticket without legal status to remain permanently in Canada.
The PA should bring the following to the Canadian border, in addition to the standard things:
  • A copy of the receipt showing the fees paid for the sponsorship application
  • A copy of the sponsor approval letter or email
  • A screenshot of ECAS showing the application is in process
  • Copies of any further correspondence received from CIC (requests for extra information, etc)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...d:_Dual_Intent
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...m_campaign=eta
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...c-drc-eng.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 19th 2018 at 3:53 am.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 4:13 am
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses.

Siouxie – I did read that ‘Dual Intent’ page and the suggested list of things I need to bring: thanks! I have an ETA (expiry 2022) having been to Canada a few times in the last couple of years. We’re just arranging the transfer of our stuff now so I’ll look into the ‘goods to follow’

Thanks again!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

Good start to the week, we received Sponsor approval today!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Hanky! We sent out our spousal application on Aug 3rd and up till now no word of CIC whatsoever. Canada Post doesn't do international tracking (shame on us that we didn't sent it with private courier) and so we have absolutely no idea where it is at the moment...
Old Sep 24th 2018, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hanky
Good start to the week, we received Sponsor approval today!
Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Just a very minor update from me, I received a notice last week from IRCC informing me that my eTA had been cancelled - nine months after my landing, and six months after I received my PR Card.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I had confirm from IRCC that they received our documents proving proof of relation via the strange method of submitting an enquiry, although we did this under my sponsor's name and they told us she didn't have authority to discuss the case. I'm going to resubmit with my name just in case. Still no AOR1 though but seems to be the norm as I'm hearing it's 6-12 weeks at the moment.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MelVan
Just a very minor update from me, I received a notice last week from IRCC informing me that my eTA had been cancelled - nine months after my landing, and six months after I received my PR Card.
Cheers, updated in comments section. CIC seem to be slowly tightening up on ETA cancel;ations!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

we've got some good news - got an email with a request for payment of biometrics - which can only mean they have our application!!!!!!

Letter is dated for october 2nd and we sent it on Sept 17th (so please update the tracker!!!!

however when i went to register and link my GIC account with my application they couldn't find the application, despite having an application number.
i've requested help from the website - sending them my proof my payment and the letter they had sent us.

anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by FARAH1305; Oct 2nd 2018 at 5:30 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.