Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 9th 2018, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by koaski
- The checklist is pretty clear when they want photocopies for the sponsor's supporting documents but doesn't specify when it comes to the proof of relationship documents (rental agreement, utility bills, bank statements, etc) for the PA. Are photocopies of our tenancy agreement, joint bank statements, insurance, etc acceptable or should we be sending the originals?
Send photocopies. If and when they want originals or notarised copies, they will state this explicitly.

Originally Posted by koaski
- Also, both of the flats we have rented in our 4 years in London have been 6 month fixed contracts that then automatically rolled over into month by month agreements. In hindsight we should've demanded new contracts from the landlords but you don't think of that at the time... We have plenty of other post showing we were both still living at each address after the contract term ended so hopefully won't be an issue but if anyone has a similar experience and can reassure us?

Should be fine, just include a note explaining what you have here and that this is a perfectly normal arrangement in the UK (which I am sure they are aware of anyway).

Please drop back here and let us have your details for the tracking spreadsheet once CIC have your application. Best of luck, sounds like you have made thorough preparations!
Old Nov 9th 2018, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Hurlabrick! I thought as much but sometimes you spend so long staring at something you start questioning everything!

Fingers crossed we should be posting everything off in the next week or two so will keep you updated!
Old Nov 12th 2018, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I'm STILL waiting for my AOR1 and sponsor approval, it's been 83 days now and all I've had to date is confirmation my biometric fees were received. I've seen from other forums that August applicants are gradually being worked through now and the average time has gone up these days, hoping I'm still counted as August even though biometrics were paid in September.

Anyway - I'm physically in Canada next week, if I were to receive my AOR1 and be requested a medical/biometrics, can I do this in Toronto even though I'm outland? It would be much easier for me to pop in somewhere than it would be in the UK given I'd have to fly to London and back etc.

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th 2018, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samba99
Hi everyone!

I'm STILL waiting for my AOR1 and sponsor approval, it's been 83 days now and all I've had to date is confirmation my biometric fees were received. I've seen from other forums that August applicants are gradually being worked through now and the average time has gone up these days, hoping I'm still counted as August even though biometrics were paid in September.

Anyway - I'm physically in Canada next week, if I were to receive my AOR1 and be requested a medical/biometrics, can I do this in Toronto even though I'm outland? It would be much easier for me to pop in somewhere than it would be in the UK given I'd have to fly to London and back etc.

Thanks!
How long are you staying in Canada for?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residents.html
Old Nov 12th 2018, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Just 10 days so appreciate I may not get the timing I'm hoping for, it's a long shot but want to be prepared in case I get some good AOR1 news!

Last edited by Samba99; Nov 12th 2018 at 12:56 pm. Reason: typo
Old Nov 12th 2018, 2:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samba99
Just 10 days so appreciate I may not get the timing I'm hoping for, it's a long shot but want to be prepared in case I get some good AOR1 news!

Have a good trip! Do bear in mind that the medical is only valid for 12 months and that you must 'land' as a PR prior to that expiry date, so you may want to wait a little before getting it done.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

Spreadsheet update

Landed in Calgary on 6th Nov with a 16 yr old, 5 suitcases and 3 dogs. Staff in yyc were very helpful, wait was about an hour.

After an easy 2 day drive to Winnipeg, picked up the keys to our new house (wife arranged purchase in Summer - the transaction happening while we were both still in the middle east was “ trying ” to say the least. Anyway, now getting to grips with paperwork / arranging schooling / getting ready for work next week, whilst “camping” in our almost empty house until the container arrives.

Yes, the temperature change was brutal but, believe it or not, I’ve experienced worse!
Old Nov 17th 2018, 1:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
Spreadsheet update

Landed in Calgary on 6th Nov with a 16 yr old, 5 suitcases and 3 dogs. Staff in yyc were very helpful, wait was about an hour.

After an easy 2 day drive to Winnipeg, picked up the keys to our new house (wife arranged purchase in Summer - the transaction happening while we were both still in the middle east was “ trying ” to say the least. Anyway, now getting to grips with paperwork / arranging schooling / getting ready for work next week, whilst “camping” in our almost empty house until the container arrives.

Yes, the temperature change was brutal but, believe it or not, I’ve experienced worse!
Woohooo!!
Congrats ... and 'Welcome to Canada eh!'

Do continue to hang around, don't be a stranger! We've the main Canada forum for Canada based questions / comments - and the Maple Leaf forum for off topic posts / off the wall chit chat Oh and not forgetting out Canniversary section for posting those all important updates!
Hope the settling in period goes smoothly, the dogs adapt to the cold and all will be well in the world for you and yours!
Attached Thumbnails Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London-welcome-home-canada-cake.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 17th 2018 at 1:37 am.
Old Nov 17th 2018, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
Spreadsheet update

Congratulations!!! 😁😁🇨🇦🇨🇦
Old Nov 21st 2018, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Hey folks!

Since my application was received on 24th August I’ve still not received my AOR, is it likely they consider the application incomplete until they confirmed the biometrics payment on 26th September?

Can someone please tell me the IRCC number to call as I think I should ask them given the timeline.

Thanks!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 11:23 am
Just Joined

ibeauchamp is an unknown quantity at this point

MyCIC finally updated to show "decision made" and "application approved"! 🙂

Message on MyCIC confirming this and giving details of COPR to follow in the post. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon! Very happy (and relieved).

Last edited by ibeauchamp; Nov 22nd 2018 at 1:02 pm. Reason: Update
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibeauchamp
MyCIC finally updated to show "decision made" and "application approved"! 🙂

Message on MyCIC confirming this and giving details of COPR to follow in the post. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon! Very happy (and relieved).
Oh wow! Congratulations! I'm not jealous... not at all!

There is a postal strike in Canada so if your COPR is coming from there then you will be waiting a while...

Good luck!
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Samba99, I think we submitted our applications around the same time. I'm actually in Canada, having entered under dual-intent in early October. I've seen no movement on my application - the last I heard was an email to say that they had received my payment of biometrics fees and that was in September. I've tried calling them twice (0018882422100) and got through after about a 35 minute wait. I called yesterday and they said my application was not processed but they couldn't tell me anything further: the '12 months wait time' was mentioned. Not too sure you'll be able to find out more by calling them.
There appears to be a large number of applications in the same boat: I had a look at the myimmitracker website and filtered by PA Visa Office = Sydney and Current Status = Appplication Received (sorry, I can't post URLs here).

Let us know if you hear anything!
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dd123
Hi Samba99, I think we submitted our applications around the same time. I'm actually in Canada, having entered under dual-intent in early October. I've seen no movement on my application - the last I heard was an email to say that they had received my payment of biometrics fees and that was in September. I've tried calling them twice (0018882422100) and got through after about a 35 minute wait. I called yesterday and they said my application was not processed but they couldn't tell me anything further: the '12 months wait time' was mentioned. Not too sure you'll be able to find out more by calling them.
There appears to be a large number of applications in the same boat: I had a look at the myimmitracker website and filtered by PA Visa Office = Sydney and Current Status = Appplication Received (sorry, I can't post URLs here).

Let us know if you hear anything!
The MISinformation line is only available to those in Canada. However, they are not Immigration / Visa officers, it's basically a call centre type of environment - they can look on the computer and they aren't able to tell you much - and often give out the wrong information.

You are better to check using MyCIC or ECAS - you can use your receipt number if you don't yet have an UCI# yet.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...er-online.html

Have you looked at the tracker we use yet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=843253048
If you are checking for specific processing offices (such as Sydney or Mississauga), do make sure that it's the actual one processing the application and not just the initial (1st stage) approval to sponsor which is done prior to the application being sent onto the 2nd stage processing office, such as London or Ottawa.

In all honesty, processing takes however long it takes - there are no hard and fast time frames and for some a stage can take longer than for someone else. It also depends on the brought forward date put on the file for looking at it again - for instance.. 1 month /3 months /6 months time.. and no amount of phone calls nor emails will change that, unfortunately. Don't forget also that the 12 months processing is the AVERAGE - some take longer, some take less time. Patience is something you learn to have very quickly when it comes to dealing with Immigration

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 22nd 2018 at 4:56 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

dd123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Siouxie - lots of good information there. I have been keeping an eye on the tracker here.
As regards checking application status, I have never been able to get the MyCIC or ECAS to locate my details. I have used the receipt numbers received after my initial payment and the biometric fee payments. I have also used the application number which I got when I received the request to pay the biometric fees. Nothing has worked.
When I rang the helpline, I used the application number and they were at least able to find some trace of my application so that was something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.