Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 2nd 2018, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hi all,

we've got some good news - got an email with a request for payment of biometrics - which can only mean they have our application!!!!!!

however when i went to register and link my GIC account with my application they couldn't find the application, despite having an application number.
i've requested help from the website - sending them my proof my payment and the letter they had sent us.

anyone else have this problem?
linking is notoriously difficult! it took me several weeks but the thing I think that did it was adding 1 to the number of applicants so if only yourself and your partner then it's 2 applicants even if it should only be 1. also add any dependants who are applying as well. and always use the PA details and not the sponsor! good luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizLon
linking is notoriously difficult! it took me several weeks but the thing I think that did it was adding 1 to the number of applicants so if only yourself and your partner then it's 2 applicants even if it should only be 1. also add any dependants who are applying as well. and always use the PA details and not the sponsor! good luck!
Hi Liz - so even though my husband is applying alone (i'm sponsoring) i need to make it 2 rather than 1? How bizarre. I'll give it a try
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi Liz - so even though my husband is applying alone (i'm sponsoring) i need to make it 2 rather than 1? How bizarre. I'll give it a try
I know it doesn't make sense as the application is very clear that you write 1 but for linking it seems to work if you put 2 (shrug) the system is far from perfect! there's a whole big thread about this somewhere on here as well! and congratulations on getting started with all of this... let the waiting begin!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizLon
I know it doesn't make sense as the application is very clear that you write 1 but for linking it seems to work if you put 2 (shrug) the system is far from perfect! there's a whole big thread about this somewhere on here as well! and congratulations on getting started with all of this... let the waiting begin!
Tried changing it to no avail. I guess I'll just have to wait till they respond to me.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Tried changing it to no avail. I guess I'll just have to wait till they respond to me.
keep trying all different variations of the info they want but always using 2. you're using the PA details right? I made a query regarding linking in May and have still never heard from them about it... #justsaying
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 6:54 am
Just Joined

ibeauchamp is an unknown quantity at this point

<br />When I did it, I discovered I needed to change my marital status to "Single" (vs "Common-law Partner" on my IMM 0008) and, as @LizLon already said, the "number of family members including you, included in the application" to "2" (vs. "1" on my IMM 0008) . You might just need to run some combinations, the response I got from emailing them wasn't enormously helpful! Good luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ibeauchamp
<br />When I did it, I discovered I needed to change my marital status to "Single" (vs "Common-law Partner" on my IMM 0008) and, as @LizLon already said, the "number of family members including you, included in the application" to "2" (vs. "1" on my IMM 0008) . You might just need to run some combinations, the response I got from emailing them wasn't enormously helpful! Good luck!
Do you reckon i should mail off proof of payment of my biometrics to Sydney as well? Just in case?
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

we've got some good news - got an email with a request for payment of biometrics - which can only mean they have our application!!!!!!

Letter is dated for october 2nd and we sent it on Sept 17th (so please update the tracker!!!!

however when i went to register and link my GIC account with my application they couldn't find the application, despite having an application number.
i've requested help from the website - sending them my proof my payment and the letter they had sent us.

anyone else have this problem?
Errrr…. I haven't got you on the tracker. Can you tell me about yourself. Married or Common Law, Nationality of PA, Roughly where you live (City / Country)?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Errrr…. I haven't got you on the tracker. Can you tell me about yourself. Married or Common Law, Nationality of PA, Roughly where you live (City / Country)?
Married
PA Nationality: British/Spanish
Brighton, UK
Sent off via Royal Mail - Sept 17, 2018 - biometrics payment request October 2nd, 2018
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Married
PA Nationality: British/Spanish
Brighton, UK
Sent off via Royal Mail - Sept 17, 2018 - biometrics payment request October 2nd, 2018
Thank you, added to spreadsheet. Best of luck! Please just post updates here on this thread.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick update for the spreadsheet - Medical Requested 25/09/2018 (completed 01/10/2018 but awaiting confirmation) and APR Letter assigning us to CPC Mississauga received today, 03/10/2018. Things are moving

The letter states that any info should be emailed directly to the Visa Office above using the IRCC Web Form, and that this form is found in the Enquiries Section of the office's link etc. However, the link in the PDF takes me directly to 'Visa Offices Outside Canada' and when I look inside Canada under IRCC Offices for Mississauga there is no web form and only postal / courier addresses - assume we just use the general IRCC Webform for change of address etc.?
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Pinky72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

New to this thread (but I'm on the tracker via a different forum). I applied in early Jan and it looked like everything was moving along nicely, and then it just went radio silent.

I'm so tired of waiting for this to go through - should have been an easy application as we have no kids and nothing special on the application. It's been sat in the LVO since early May and not a peep from them. I know this is normal (as per other people's posts), but it's still very frustrating.

Has anyone ever gone to an immigration lawyer after having already reached this stage? I'm just considering it now because at this point, we're going to start getting into issues with our rental lease, etc. We were hoping to be gone already and so we took a short lease on a flat because we expected to have all the approvals by now. I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to go to a lawyer at this point to see if they can push it along.

Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinky72
Hi everyone,

New to this thread (but I'm on the tracker via a different forum). I applied in early Jan and it looked like everything was moving along nicely, and then it just went radio silent.

I'm so tired of waiting for this to go through - should have been an easy application as we have no kids and nothing special on the application. It's been sat in the LVO since early May and not a peep from them. I know this is normal (as per other people's posts), but it's still very frustrating.

Has anyone ever gone to an immigration lawyer after having already reached this stage? I'm just considering it now because at this point, we're going to start getting into issues with our rental lease, etc. We were hoping to be gone already and so we took a short lease on a flat because we expected to have all the approvals by now. I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to go to a lawyer at this point to see if they can push it along.

What office is processing your application? I'm not sure what an immigration lawyer may be able to do at this point (as you've already submitted). Most timelines i've seen via the official website say 12 months -so I don't think you'll be able to do much till it hits that point? Have you been contacted for medical? Maybe try and pester the LHC ? If its any consolation it looks like once it does start the process moves quick.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi everyone,

No, an immigration lawyer doesnt make a blind bit of difference to timescales, although I am sure they will tell you they can and happily take your money. Also no point in going to you prospective Canadian MP as you are still well within the quoted 12 months timescales. Nowt to do but grin and bear it. As Farah said, when it does start moving it goes fast.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 3:04 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
No, an immigration lawyer doesnt make a blind bit of difference to timescales, although I am sure they will tell you they can and happily take your money. Also no point in going to you prospective Canadian MP as you are still well within the quoted 12 months timescales. Nowt to do but grin and bear it. As Farah said, when it does start moving it goes fast.
+1

Absolutely NO point in going to an Immigration Consultant... they couldn't have sped it up if you had gone to one originally - let alone now! An IC cannot make any difference to the time it takes to process your application.. it takes the time it takes and you need to be patient...

I do know and understand your frustration - it took me almost 5 years for an Inland Spousal application with an overseas (LVO) dependent - but there is nothing you can really do as you have not reached the 12 month processing cut off yet. When you get past that date, by all means get in touch with a local MP or whatever.

Is there a reason why you couldn't move over under dual intent if you are chomping at the bit and your lease is coming to an end? https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...d:_Dual_Intent

Use this time to start preparing for the move - start to gather information on relocating, on shipping, on goods to follow; start packing up anything you want to bring.. use the time wisely as before you know it your COPR will be in hand and you will be rushing around like a blue arsed fly trying to fit everything in before you leave!

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...gistics-Canada
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/To_Do_Lists-Canada

Fingers crossed you hear something soon..

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 5th 2018 at 3:07 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.