Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:30 am
Kos
Just Joined

Kos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Thank you for your timeline, I have now added that to the spreadsheet. Congratulations on managing to retrieve your CoPR - happy landings!
Thanks, although i have not retrieved it yet. It was sent back to the London office...at least MyCiC says now "application approved"
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

HerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond repute

We received the CoPR today ☺ Thank you all for being here, just knowing we weren't alone in the journey was a comfort and having the spreadsheet stopped us from feeling insane at times. Thanks again and good luck to all still waiting ☺ 👍
Old Aug 15th 2018, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HerMadge
We received the CoPR today ☺ Thank you all for being here, just knowing we weren't alone in the journey was a comfort and having the spreadsheet stopped us from feeling insane at times. Thanks again and good luck to all still waiting ☺ 👍
Congratulations indeed!!! I hope they have given you enough time to get yourself sorted and land. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

HerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations indeed!!! I hope they have given you enough time to get yourself sorted and land. Spreadsheet updated.
yes they gave us until 18-dec. Which is fine because we booked flights for the end of September. :-) yay!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

New here

I'll be starting forms shortly to sponsor my common-law partner (I'm Canadian but have lived in the UK these past 5 years - partner is British). Once the application has been sent I'll let you know so we can be added to the spreadsheet!

Just a quick question, on the Application to Sponsor form (IMM 1344), at the top of each page is a box for Applicant Name and Date of Birth.. on this specific form would that be my name and birth date as the sponsor or would it be my partner's as the principal applicant? (or both of us?)

Also - is it possible to save the barcode pages that generate to my computer? I'll be doing the forms at home where I don't have a printer, so hoping I can save them to then print them at work later.

Last edited by glb19; Aug 19th 2018 at 11:39 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glb19
I'll be starting forms shortly to sponsor my common-law partner (I'm Canadian but have lived in the UK these past 5 years - partner is British). Once the application has been sent I'll let you know so we can be added to the spreadsheet!
That would be great, just post your details here when the time comes and we will add them to the spreadsheet.

Just a quick question, on the Application to Sponsor form (IMM 1344), at the top of each page is a box for Applicant Name and Date of Birth.. on this specific form would that be my name and birth date as the sponsor or would it be my partner's as the principal applicant? (or both of us?)

IMM1344 is a form for the Sponsor, so it is the sponsors name only that goes there. But when you will the form in on your computer, IIRC it automatically puts your name up there.

Also - is it possible to save the barcode pages that generate to my computer? I'll be doing the forms at home where I don't have a printer, so hoping I can save them to then print them at work later.

Yes, just hit the save button.

I don't know if you have found the invaluable wiki pages on spousal sponsorship on this forum yet. If not, I strongly suggest you read them in conjunction with the CIC 'official' help pages. They are here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...lication_Forms
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick;12551424

[color=#333333
I don't know if you have found the invaluable wiki pages on spousal sponsorship on this forum yet. If not, I strongly suggest you read them in conjunction with the CIC 'official' help pages. They are here:

[url]http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms
I have, yes. Been through them and all the guides several times but still a bit nervous about it all! Shame that biometrics are a newly required thing as well now
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Apologies to be a pain, but can someone just clarify for me which of the following forms need to be signed electronically only, written signature only, or both?

IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor
IMM 5532 - Sponsorship Evaluation and Relationship Questionnaire
IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada
IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information
IMM 5669 - Schedule A - Background/Declaration

In case I've missed something, it seems like Schedule A - Background/Declaration is the the only one that actually tells you in the guides that you must sign it electronically and by hand. All the others just seem to mention signing but don't clarify if it's electronic or written. I've just completed and validated the Application to Sponsor form and that one would not allow any typing on the signature line, so assuming that one is written only...?

Ahh the stress begins!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Apologies to be a pain, but can someone just clarify for me which of the following forms need to be signed electronically only, written signature only, or both?

IMM 1344 - Application to Sponsor
IMM 5532 - Sponsorship Evaluation and Relationship Questionnaire
IMM 0008 - Generic Application Form for Canada
IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information
IMM 5669 - Schedule A - Background/Declaration

In case I've missed something, it seems like Schedule A - Background/Declaration is the the only one that actually tells you in the guides that you must sign it electronically and by hand. All the others just seem to mention signing but don't clarify if it's electronic or written. I've just completed and validated the Application to Sponsor form and that one would not allow any typing on the signature line, so assuming that one is written only...?

Ahh the stress begins!
ALL of the forms must be hand signed. The Schedule A thing was only if it was requested after submission of the full pack when it could be signed on the PDF and uploaded via MyCIC. But as Schedule A must now go in with the rest of the forms, it must be hand signed like all the rest.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

ALL of the forms must be hand signed. The Schedule A thing was only if it was requested after submission of the full pack when it could be signed on the PDF and uploaded via MyCIC. But as Schedule A must now go in with the rest of the forms, it must be hand signed like all the rest.
Thank you so much for clearing that up! I panicked when I saw Siouxie's reply but just had a good laugh at their reason for deleting the post
Old Aug 21st 2018, 12:33 am
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Please see the tracking spreadsheet for spousal sponsorship in my signature line for real world timelines. But assuming you mean you sent your application on 10th July 2018, then no, not at all unusual to have heard nothing back yet. You may (or may not) get an acknowledgement in the next week or two.

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet to share your timeline with others? If so, then all I need at this stage is the nationality of the PA and for you to post updates on this thread.
Hi Hurlabrick,

More than happy for you to track our progress - the PA is British. Unfortunately, we've still not heard anything back!

Its going to get complicated as we've tied the knot and need to update the application!

G

Last edited by gavtodd; Aug 21st 2018 at 1:49 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 8:55 am
Just Joined

ibeauchamp is an unknown quantity at this point

So... I've been contacted with a request for two further police checks on top of the UK one already supplied (Brazil and Afghanistan - getting those is going to be fun) and a copy of my military discharge papers. All have to be submitted by 21 September. I'm expecting some long conversations with consulates - I think the application was kept in Mississauga as it was "too difficult" to send to London...
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ibeauchamp
I think the application was kept in Mississauga as it was "too difficult" to send to London...
It is normally the other way around! I suspect they are hanging on to it until they have a complete set of paper then may send it on to LVO.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 10:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibeauchamp
So... I've been contacted with a request for two further police checks on top of the UK one already supplied (Brazil and Afghanistan - getting those is going to be fun) and a copy of my military discharge papers. All have to be submitted by 21 September. I'm expecting some long conversations with consulates - I think the application was kept in Mississauga as it was "too difficult" to send to London...
There's some helpful info on how to obtain the police certificates:
Brazil:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/brazil.html
Afghanistan:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ghanistan.html

If it gets close to the cut off point and you have not been able to submit them, please do make sure to let them know and show proof of having applied for them.

Most people are happy if Mississauga are processing as they tend to be quicker!
Old Aug 26th 2018, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

I am now very confused about IMM 0008 - Generic Form For Canada even after reading the Full Guide.

It's the Dependents bit that's got me I am the sponsor, Canadian citizen living in UK, and my boyfriend is the PA, British citizen. Neither of us have kids... he will be the only one moving to Canada. So if it's only him, does that part of the form with details of all the dependents even need to be filled out? Can I just put N/A for dependents?

Also, when it asks if there is a National Identity Document, is that just things like driver's licence, passport etc..?

And while I'm at it I may as well throw this question is too (sorry, just want to make sure I don't get anything wrong), on form IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information, would he have to put my details down as the Spouse/Common Law partner or no? As I'm a Canadian citizen I'm assuming I don't get written down on it (meaning I wouldn't have to fill out my own copy of the form either)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.