Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Question regarding CoPR, Just received the online copy of the letter that is being sent out with my CoPR, which is great. However, I seem to be listed on it twice - under the column “type” it has imm5785 on the first and imm5688 for the second. Is this normal or something that I should bring to their attention?

please disregard - read it properly and answered my own question! (Quite small print on my ‘phone!)

Last edited by Stuart Adamson; Jul 10th 2018 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update - medical finally submitted yesterday via eMedical database from the panel physician here in London - it was a three week wait for the initial appointment and then they wanted a letter from PA's GP regarding a medical issue he has which took another 6 days (grrr). I've uploaded a screen shot in MyCIC (GCKey) of the confirmation email from Visa Medicals that they have sent the medical to them.

Any idea how long it takes for that to show online? Or do they not look at it again until the 'due date' which is 19 July?

And then, I assume we will be assigned to London? (Fingers crossed for Mississauga processing! Seems WAY fast right now!)

ta
Old Jul 12th 2018, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Tommm is an unknown quantity at this point

July 10th was 12 months since our application was received and I was finally able to make an inquiry about where our application was - having not heard anything since medicals etc in September. Got a reply the next morning with the letter saying processing was almost complete and a request for passport photos. I suspect my application was at the bottom of someones drawer but glad that's it almost done now!

There's lots of options on the letter about what and where to send documents but from what I can gather as I am from a visa exempt country (UK) and I am using MyCIC, and I am residing in Canada (been here since March), I have to: upload my passport copy to MyCIC, and I can post my photos to Canada office - not London (My processing office was Mississauga). Does this sound right from other peoples experiences?

Thanks
Tom
Old Jul 14th 2018, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amyg339
APPLICATION ACCEPTED 🎉🎊🎉

recieved Tuesday 3rd July.

Recieved through mycic waiting for COPR through post now. How long does it usually take?
Do you want to share your timeline on the London tracking spreadsheet (see the link in my signature line)? If so, can you tell us:

- Married or Common Law
- Nationality of PA
- Roughly where you are currently living
Old Jul 14th 2018, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tommm
July 10th was 12 months since our application was received and I was finally able to make an inquiry about where our application was - having not heard anything since medicals etc in September. Got a reply the next morning with the letter saying processing was almost complete and a request for passport photos. I suspect my application was at the bottom of someones drawer but glad that's it almost done now!

There's lots of options on the letter about what and where to send documents but from what I can gather as I am from a visa exempt country (UK) and I am using MyCIC, and I am residing in Canada (been here since March), I have to: upload my passport copy to MyCIC, and I can post my photos to Canada office - not London (My processing office was Mississauga). Does this sound right from other peoples experiences?

Thanks
Tom
Yes, upload the passport bio pages (and amendments page if they are any amendments) via MyCIC and mail in your passport photos to the office dealing with your application (Mississauga as you say).

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks, sorry it has been a while, but just to conclude the details of my journey... my PR card fnally arrived at the end of June after the 3rd photo attempt.. and I went and got my SIN yesterday, so ready to go to work now. Have my medical card to apply for on Monday, but after that it is work and play the Canadian way.. :-)

Just again to say thank you to the moderators and folks who take of their time to manage and run this forum. The advice and information provided has been excellant and has made the whole experience more relaxing...

So in closing, our journey was as follows, decision in Dec 16 we were going to make the move to Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Jan 17 submit the paperwork, purchased a house in Jul 17, moved wife and family in Aug 17, COPR in Oct 17, Landed Dec 17, sold up everything in N Ireland and flew out to meet famiy in Mar 18 and shipped our treasured belongings which arrived in Apr. And so a new chapter has begun.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Medical passed!

What's next??

Old Jul 15th 2018, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, next thing is finding out where the rest of the application is processed.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Do you want to share your timeline on the London tracking spreadsheet (see the link in my signature line)? If so, can you tell us:

- Married or Common Law
- Nationality of PA
- Roughly where you are currently living

Im currently already on the timeline - my application was recieved 5th July 2017
Old Jul 15th 2018, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stuart Adamson
If I remember correctly, next thing is finding out where the rest of the application is processed.
thank you. fingers crossed it stays in Mississauga! seems to be processing really fast as opposed to London where we live!
Old Jul 15th 2018, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LizLon
Medical passed!

What's next??

The steps and stages are outlined in the wiki here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...all_process.3F

Basically, it will soon go 'In progress' then sit at the stage for weeks / months before 'background check in progress' etc.....

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amyg339

Im currently already on the timeline - my application was recieved 5th July 2017
Ah yes!!! Updated. You should receive your CoPR via normal Royal Mail anywhere between a couple of days or two weeks.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Ah yes!!! Updated. You should receive your CoPR via normal Royal Mail anywhere between a couple of days or two weeks.
Thank you. I recieved copr Friday afternoon. Thanks for all the help over the past 12 months great forum 👍🏼
Old Jul 16th 2018, 6:09 am
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I forgot to write and say that my fiancé and kids all passed the medical exams last week. We also got a email confirming that the application has been sent to London.

We have also recently moved to Calgary, AB and getting through imigration at the airport was an absolute breeze. Told them my family and I are coming on dial intent and showed the officer my sponsor approval letter, and she said welcome home to all of us, and on we went. Now just to sit back and wait for the rest of the application to finish.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Spreadsheet update - CoPR received 16/7 - took a while as it had to go via a forwarding address in UK then come to Dubai. Landing planned late October / early November.

Huge thanks to all here for the support / help / information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.