Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 11th 2019, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Yay, AOR has come through for us today For spreadsheet.
Old Feb 11th 2019, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glb19
Yay, AOR has come through for us today For spreadsheet.
'That's one small step for a man....'

Congratulations on the start of your journey

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

mclaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
We are progressing with our application! Payment for biometrics requested 18th January (paid that day). Most importantly; Sponsor approval letter (yay!) and AOR2, both dated 15th February. Our application is being processed in Mississauga. Hurlabrick; you may add these to the spreadsheet!

Also, fun fact; all the communications we have received so far were on a Friday. yep!
Old Feb 16th 2019, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mclaud
Hello all,
We are progressing with our application! Payment for biometrics requested 18th January (paid that day). Most importantly; Sponsor approval letter (yay!) and AOR2, both dated 15th February. Our application is being processed in Mississauga. Hurlabrick; you may add these to the spreadsheet!

Also, fun fact; all the communications we have received so far were on a Friday. yep!
Congratulations, all updated. I think you should be pleased it has gone to Mississauga and not London as Mississauga tend to be a fair bit quicker.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
You should both get account AIUI. They will send sponsor stuff to you and PA stuff to, err.... the PA. The wiki here tells you what you need to do to create an account and yes, probably best to wait until AOR1 when you get the number as you can then be certain they have set your application up on their system.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...ll_about_MyCIC
So I thought I'd done well by creating an account for myself and for my partner. I did mine first and linked the application to it (2 tries lucky). Then created his account and linked the application to it as well. However this morning I've noticed that because I linked it to his, it un-linked from my account. Can an application now only be linked to one? Or have I completely missed something
Old Feb 18th 2019, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all!

Update on my timeline - COPR2 received 17th January and unfortunately confirmed as being London so looks like I'm on the slow track. Medical requested 31st January, doing this on 20th February. I also got a message on 21st January asking for me to resubmit photos, so I've done that too (was requested to be snail mailed to London) but obviously not heard anything back on this.

One question I have is what is the purpose of the medical. I know they can't discriminate due to pre-existing medical conditions but is there anything I should be worried about, or is it a general check to make sure I don't have an infection or disease which could spread?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18th 2019, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Samba99
Update on my timeline - COPR2 received 17th January and unfortunately confirmed as being London so looks like I'm on the slow track. Medical requested 31st January, doing this on 20th February. I also got a message on 21st January asking for me to resubmit photos, so I've done that too (was requested to be snail mailed to London) but obviously not heard anything back on this.
I assume you mean AOR2 not COPR2! All up/dated thank you.

One question I have is what is the purpose of the medical. I know they can't discriminate due to pre-existing medical conditions but is there anything I should be worried about, or is it a general check to make sure I don't have an infection or disease which could spread?
Nothing at all to worry about. Yes, pretty much for infectious diseases. Canada still do a test for Syphilus (SP?), TB and a chest x-ray for TB.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

So I thought I'd done well by creating an account for myself and for my partner. I did mine first and linked the application to it (2 tries lucky). Then created his account and linked the application to it as well. However this morning I've noticed that because I linked it to his, it un-linked from my account. Can an application now only be linked to one? Or have I completely missed something
Hmmmm.. sorry I don't know / can't recall. I know that I created a MyCIC account in my name only (I was the sponsor) and I got everything for the application, including my wife's stuff. I did not set myself up formally as a 'representative'.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Samba99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks for clarifying that. I had looked at the FAQs but couldn't see anything explaining the purpose of the medical, only what happens etc.

Sorry yes AOR2! Wish I had COPR, hoping I'm maybe on the home straight now but I'm moving to Canada regardless 2 days after Brexit as managed to secure a job/work visa, knowing my luck and the current timeline I'll probably have a passport request just as I am moving!
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great, thanks for clarifying that. I had looked at the FAQs but couldn't see anything explaining the purpose of the medical, only what happens etc.

Sorry yes AOR2! Wish I had COPR, hoping I'm maybe on the home straight now but I'm moving to Canada regardless 2 days after Brexit as managed to secure a job/work visa, knowing my luck and the current timeline I'll probably have a passport request just as I am moving!
As you are a British PA, you will not get a passport request (I.e. original passport) when they make the decision - as you are visa exempt, there is no paper visa as such to affix to the passport. The WORST you will get is a request for a copy of the passport bio pages. More than likely, you will just get the CoPR - but if I were a betting man, I would not say to expect this until June-ish….. Things take a long time in LVO.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all!

Thanks!
As a spousal applicant you are Excessive Demand Exempt (EDE) - meaning that if you have a health issue that could in future cost more than the annual specified figure, you will not be refused - but you can be refused if they determined that you could be a threat to public health or public safety.
EDE

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.
However, EDE clients are assessed for:
  • Danger to public health;
  • Danger to public safety.

You can read more about the medical on the official website in the Panel Physicians handbook. They also test for Hepatitis, TB, HIV. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...013.html#chap4

Old Feb 18th 2019, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As a spousal applicant you are Excessive Demand Exempt (EDE) - meaning that if you have a health issue that could in future cost more than the annual specified figure, you will not be refused - but you can be refused if they determined that you could be a threat to public health or public safety.
EDE

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.
However, EDE clients are assessed for:
  • Danger to public health;
  • Danger to public safety.

You can read more about the medical on the official website in the Panel Physicians handbook. They also test for Hepatitis, TB, HIV. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...013.html#chap4

Thanks, useful information. I have suitably updated the spousal sponsorship wiki with this information.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Hmmmm.. sorry I don't know / can't recall. I know that I created a MyCIC account in my name only (I was the sponsor) and I got everything for the application, including my wife's stuff. I did not set myself up formally as a 'representative'.
Hmm ok. Maybe I'll just leave it linked to his for now and see what happens. Do we both still get emails for things like sponsor approval/medical and biometrics requests etc?? Or will stuff like that only be posted in MyCIC?
Old Feb 19th 2019, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmm ok. Maybe I'll just leave it linked to his for now and see what happens. Do we both still get emails for things like sponsor approval/medical and biometrics requests etc?? Or will stuff like that only be posted in MyCIC?
You still get emails.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

Spreadsheet update!

No official SA yet but status has changed to decision made on Ecas and received biometrics and medical request today!

Moving along a bit quicker than we expected! 😀

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.