Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

James78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by flexsingh
Ah really? I was getting worried as we have heard nothing since. Not sure how they determine how quick its processed in London. Just hope its quick so I can be with the Mrs.
My timeline was:

August 31st letter sent Mrs approved by CPC-M
September 21st ECAS updated that London started processing
October 25th passport request from London via email and ECAS updated that decisions made and medicals received. Prior to this it just showed started processing.

Good luck, I hope it's not too long.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that was fast. Everything is done inc meds. Sent everything that they could possibly require plus had it all organised as best as possible, so its a waiting game now. Just hard to plan for the future without knowing the time left for me.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

I just checked ours online (hadn't realised the PDF receipt had a number I could use) and it says decision made and letter sent. That was on October 26th, so hopefully get the letter soon.

Edit to say this is just the decision on me, from Mississauga. Awaiting the London part now I guess.

When I checked online, it also has my address down as my canadian home address, although on all the paperwork I filled out I used the UK one. I can only assume that this is because they still have that down as my mailing address on my tax returns? (I have family there so will get it one way or the other)

Last edited by Mrs-G; Oct 30th 2010 at 9:09 am. Reason: cause i'm an idiot :-P
Old Oct 30th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
When I checked online, it also has my address down as my canadian home address, although on all the paperwork I filled out I used the UK one. I can only assume that this is because they still have that down as my mailing address on my tax returns? (I have family there so will get it one way or the other)
The same thing happened to me. Except that it's a make believe Canadian address that I have never lived at. I sent them a letter about it but they never corrected it. My husband has been approved and now has his passport back with visa, so I guess it's not a problem.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had two requests for additional information - first before it said London started processing - further meds that have come back clear and the second two weeks ago - regarding daughter who is not accompanying - we have no info about her so my hubby had to sign a declaration. Eveything submitted within a week of request. We can't think of anything else we will be asked for! Dying to check the website, but we have made ourselves promise to only check once a week!!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone going to London this thursday to hand in their passport?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by londonottawa
Is anyone going to London this thursday to hand in their passport?
I sent my passport off last week and it was signed for last Thursday at 7:42 am.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Got the letter in today approving me as sponsor.

That's one step done.... onto the next stage now!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent - that means we are bit closer to receiving (hopefully) the same letter!

Here's hoping the next phase goes fast for you!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caleo
Excellent - that means we are bit closer to receiving (hopefully) the same letter!

Here's hoping the next phase goes fast for you!
Caleo - you next hopefully! Fingers crossed for you

yeah I guess I have about 4 or 5 weeks til it shows up in London now
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

What are peoples experience with the online system showing that the forms are now in London once processed in Mississauga? Do they show once they look at the case in London or do they show once they have finished looking at the case?

Wish they would make the stages clearer/traceable so that I could see exactly how long is left
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flexsingh
What are peoples experience with the online system showing that the forms are now in London once processed in Mississauga? Do they show once they look at the case in London or do they show once they have finished looking at the case?

Wish they would make the stages clearer/traceable so that I could see exactly how long is left
For me nothing showed on the system from London until London started processing my application. This was about 4 weeks after we got the letter from Mississauga. Going by experience and other time lines you might expect ECAS to show that London started processing your application about a month after you received your letter from Mississauga. I did not get any letter from London that they started their processing, this only showed on ECAS. No other communications were received. After London had been processing the application for a further 5 weeks I got a passport request via email. ECAS did not update to say anything further until I got my passport request when it said decision made.

Last edited by James78; Nov 1st 2010 at 7:11 pm. Reason: Additional information
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

Mrs G i'm matching you to the day. The only difference being that i sent my application about 10 days before you, only for it to sit in a sorting office until they delivered it on the 27th.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ste1234
Mrs G i'm matching you to the day. The only difference being that i sent my application about 10 days before you, only for it to sit in a sorting office until they delivered it on the 27th.
be interesting to see how we both do!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James78
For me nothing showed on the system from London until London started processing my application. This was about 4 weeks after we got the letter from Mississauga. Going by experience and other time lines you might expect ECAS to show that London started processing your application about a month after you received your letter from Mississauga. I did not get any letter from London that they started their processing, this only showed on ECAS. No other communications were received. After London had been processing the application for a further 5 weeks I got a passport request via email. ECAS did not update to say anything further until I got my passport request when it said decision made.
Here's to waiting, fingers crossed that everyone's applications are processed instantly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.