Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 11th 2019, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Now that DHL has finally given me delivery proof, you can add me onto the spreadsheet if you'd like.

1. Common Law
2. PA British
3. Currently live in England (Nottingham)

Application received in Sydney 19th December.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glb19
Now that DHL has finally given me delivery proof, you can add me onto the spreadsheet if you'd like.

1. Common Law
2. PA British
3. Currently live in England (Nottingham)

Application received in Sydney 19th December.
Thank you for participating, I have added you to the spreadsheet. Good luck!
Old Jan 12th 2019, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick update, landed in NL as a PR on Thursday!

No queuing here and CBSA Staff were very efficient, professional and friendly. I had prepared my Goods Accompanying and GTF lists in advance, using the helpful advice from here. Received my welcome book and I was good to go. Now waiting for the PR Card to our Canada address which I appreciate may take a couple of months.

Thanks again for all the advice and reassurance. This forum and the WiKi has been great, and I'll stick around as we begin the next chapter - cheers.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hanky
Quick update, landed in NL as a PR on Thursday!

No queuing here and CBSA Staff were very efficient, professional and friendly. I had prepared my Goods Accompanying and GTF lists in advance, using the helpful advice from here. Received my welcome book and I was good to go. Now waiting for the PR Card to our Canada address which I appreciate may take a couple of months.

Thanks again for all the advice and reassurance. This forum and the WiKi has been great, and I'll stick around as we begin the next chapter - cheers.
You landed in Newfoundland? Managed to get a direct flight (I know there is / was an Air Canada one as I flew it a few years back)?

Congratulations on landing and your new adventure. Watch out for George Street on Friday or Saturday night - you will get caught up in the alcoholic bonhomie!
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

You landed in Newfoundland? Managed to get a direct flight (I know there is / was an Air Canada one as I flew it a few years back)?

Congratulations on landing and your new adventure. Watch out for George Street on Friday or Saturday night - you will get caught up in the alcoholic bonhomie
Thanks Hurlabrick. There is still a direct AC Flight from LHR to YYT. It's weekly during the winter months but much more regular in the Summer. Generally the flight originates in Halifax then stops in St. John's en route to the UK. WestJet used to fly to LGW too.

Acquainted with George Street and The Festival :-) We got married here during the Summer in 2014. After many years in the Sandpit it's nice to be able to get a Guinness again, and the Canadian prices are pretty good compared to Qatar!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

So, I had my medical passed mid December, I haven't heard anything since and no update which VO is taking care of my application. Is this normal? I thought that by now I should have received something...

Any input on this is appreciated : )

Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Netraam
So, I had my medical passed mid December, I haven't heard anything since and no update which VO is taking care of my application. Is this normal? I thought that by now I should have received something...

Thanks
Notification of which office is processing your application should have come with the Sponsors Approval letter, didn't your medical request have details of who had sent it?
You can check your status on eCAS or MyCIC - either will show you which office is processing your application..
No registration required - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...on.do?app=ecas
Registration required: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n/account.html

Old Jan 15th 2019, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Netraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond reputeNetraam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie. My medical request doesn't have any details of who sent it. Neither does eCAS or My CIC, I have the regular status updates (stating that it's processing my background check etc) but none about where it's processed. We haven't received a Sponsorship Approval letter, merely a confirmation of Sponsorship Application. In eCAS it's showing that a decision has been made for the Sponsorship Application but I can't find any further information.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
You are not on the spreadsheet so I don't know your timeline. When was your application actually received originally? How do you know your medical was passed, was this notified via MyCIC or what? Tough to say what is normal without knowing how long your application has been with CIC.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hurlabrick, sorry! Meant to sent you this earlier actually...

Ok, so here we go!
Married
Application received: Aug 10th
Medical passed: Dec 21st (status reads as passed in MyCIC)

Also, for eligibility and background it reads the following:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements / We are processing your background check

But all the same, I can't find any information anywhere about where my application is being processed. No letter or email stating anything as such.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick, sorry! Meant to sent you this earlier actually...

Ok, so here we go!
Married
Application received: Aug 10th
Medical passed: Dec 21st (status reads as passed in MyCIC)

Also, for eligibility and background it reads the following:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements / We are processing your background check

But all the same, I can't find any information anywhere about where my application is being processed. No letter or email stating anything as such.

Thanks!
Ive added you to the spreadsheet, just another couple of questions please:

1. Nationality of PA?
2. Roughly where you live at the moment?

So I assume you have not been advised of sponsor approval yet? If not, then that is certainly taking a long time, but as you can see from the spreadsheet, there are others around your time of submission who have not had sponsor approval either. I would say it should be imminent. Normally on the sponsor approval letter (I got mine in PDF format via email) it says which VO they have sent it onto.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

1. Dutch
2. Ireland

See, the weird thing is that in eCAS it says that decision is made and correspondence regarding decision was sent on Dec 7th. However, we have never received anything, e-mail nor letter.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 12:46 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

1. Dutch
2. Ireland

See, the weird thing is that in eCAS it says that decision is made and correspondence regarding decision was sent on Dec 7th. However, we have never received anything, e-mail nor letter.
'Decision made' is not specific to final processing - it can mean 'decision made Sponsor Approval' - 'decision made passed medical' - basically anywhere / anytime in the processing stages that a decision has been made. What does it say when you click on 'Decision Made' in eCAS? It should take you to a further page with more information.

It's likely that any correspondence was held up with the Canada Post strikes and industrial action. Do check your email junk folder too. You are well within the time for processing which is currently 12 months and as you say it's dated December 7th, it wouldn't be the final decision as they hadn't processed your medical at that point. Keep checking MyCIC for updates.. it will tell you if they have approved the application and issued the COPR - or asking for photos / other information.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 16th 2019 at 12:50 am.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Siouxie, thanks. Oh yes, that's actually what I meant with the 'decision made' - as I was talking about the Sponsorship Approval earlier, I didn't specify it in my previous reply. I did indeed hear something about Canada Post having strikes and all, that could be the reason it hasn't come through yet. I feel I'm becoming a bit neurotic with checking MyCIC lol...
Old Jan 16th 2019, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Ok, not going into the details here : ) but the Sponsorship Approval letter has miraculously surfaced and dated Dec 7th. Hope all will go smooth and get final acceptance soon-ish, would be great to not have to deal with another Irish "summer" haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.