Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 5:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Added you both, hopefully it worked ok as I did it from my phone! Hopefully your applications go quickly!

And sharing because I'm excited, my British citizenship came through this morning! My oath is tomorrow and I fly home Thursday which means no more long distance! So happy! can finally get settled in Canada and moving on with things after so long of being in limbo!!!!!!
Great news - congratulations!

So pleased for you, now you can come home!

Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

As you do when listening to Wham xmas songs on the internet I thought to check my status on ecas and it has decision made!

I was expecting it all to take a few months as I don't think I had a straight forward application in content but structured it as well as I could in the paperwork submitted.

Very much looking forward to hearing from Canada Post now and maybe might make an excuse to go to Niagara if the COPR comes in time for the New Year and very happy I do not have to participate in the IEC application again!

Not sure if the ecas was 'in process' as I didn't check often enough but can somebody please can update the spreadsheet with my details. Cheers

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

And sharing because I'm excited, my British citizenship came through this morning! My oath is tomorrow and I fly home Thursday which means no more long distance! So happy! can finally get settled in Canada and moving on with things after so long of being in limbo!!!!!!
Happy to hear your news SchnookoLoly, safe flight back to Canada
Old Dec 4th 2013, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that I'm chomping at the bit to get out to Canadialand..my sponsored application was received on the 22-23rd Nov. what is the next step? I check the CIC website though I'm guessing I'm rather too impatient.
Any calming advice is gratefully received!!!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuart_1973
Not that I'm chomping at the bit to get out to Canadialand..my sponsored application was received on the 22-23rd Nov. what is the next step? I check the CIC website though I'm guessing I'm rather too impatient.
Any calming advice is gratefully received!!!
Just look back on the spreadsheet and see how long it took others, then thank your lucky stars the system has sped up so dramatically for those in your position! It'll be sorted for you before you know it! Relax and make plans
Old Dec 4th 2013, 11:37 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm very pleased. Did my oath this morning, and am excited to see my husband tomorrow evening!

spreadsheet updates:
RHC - changed your date!
Abrxx, Mircha - I can't update you from my phone (can only do basic edits, yay Google), but I'll update probably tonight once I get on the desktop!
Stuart_1987 - let me know if you want to be added to the spreadsheet (link in my signature).
Old Dec 4th 2013, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Stuart_1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes please!! Add me to list!!!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:50 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

CL definitely seems to be speedier than M at the moment ... <taps fingers>
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mircha
As you do when listening to Wham xmas songs on the internet I thought to check my status on ecas and it has decision made!

I was expecting it all to take a few months as I don't think I had a straight forward application in content but structured it as well as I could in the paperwork submitted.

Very much looking forward to hearing from Canada Post now and maybe might make an excuse to go to Niagara if the COPR comes in time for the New Year and very happy I do not have to participate in the IEC application again!

Not sure if the ecas was 'in process' as I didn't check often enough but can somebody please can update the spreadsheet with my details. Cheers

:
Sponsor Approval to Decision Made in less than a month!? How much did you 'overpay'?? haha
Old Dec 4th 2013, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

derrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud ofderrykboyd has much to be proud of

So I finally got my application posted on Saturday! After lots of obsessing. It should have arrived in Mississauga today at the latest, but I got a lovely e mail from Canada Post this morning...

"Canada Post has made an error in the transportation of the item. The error has been corrected and we are committed to delivering the item to its final destination. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and any potential delay."

Thank you Canada Post, I miss Royal Mail! Not a great start, hopefully not a sign of things to come... Looking forward to finally getting my name on the spreadsheet, the recent speeds of applications has been very encouraging, hopefully they can keep it up.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

"Canada Post has made an error in the transportation of the item. The error has been corrected and we are committed to delivering the item to its final destination. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and any potential delay."

Thank you Canada Post, I miss Royal Mail! Not a great start, hopefully not a sign of things to come... Looking forward to finally getting my name on the spreadsheet, the recent speeds of applications has been very encouraging, hopefully they can keep it up.[/QUOTE]

Derrykboyd,
Last year my sister didn't get her Xmas presents from the UK to Montreal even thought we sent them 4 weeks early ! 3 weeks later after believing they were lost for ever she got the parcels and an apology stating they had been via Australia in error !

Last edited by Ralphstars; Dec 5th 2013 at 6:18 am.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Is it just me being impatient or has there been a slow down in the processing of married applicants? I see no movement at all on any of the June applicants.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Is it just me being impatient or has there been a slow down in the processing of married applicants? I see no movement at all on any of the June applicants.
I agree about no obvious movement with the June applicants but the numbers of M and CL that have been processed look to be about equal in total - it's frustrating isn't it .... who knows there may be people in June who aren't on the spreadsheet who have been processed .... You must be close now
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
I agree about no obvious movement with the June applicants but the numbers of M and CL that have been processed look to be about equal in total - it's frustrating isn't it .... who knows there may be people in June who aren't on the spreadsheet who have been processed .... You must be close now
Close…. to losing my mind!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Close…. to losing my mind!
Are you in Canada whilst you are losing your mind ? or waiting in the UK ?

I am waiting in the UK whilst my hubby is already back in Canada
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ralphstars
Are you in Canada whilst you are losing your mind ? or waiting in the UK ?

I am waiting in the UK whilst my hubby is already back in Canada
I'm in Canada. Can't leave or i'll break my visitor status and can't work because I don't have a permit. Days can be long!!! I was hopeful of seeing some movement before Christmas but am readjusting my expectations (again..) since it seems that there is very little movement on the list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.