British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Bali2010 Jan 28th 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 8288511)
Guys... I got the 120 days email letter today for the application they got on 23 of November. I'm sooo happy.

Cheers,

Daniel

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 8289064)
Woohoo finally we got our 120 day e mail today!! Our application was initially submitted back in July but they lost the papers (even though they were sent tracked and signed for). The application was resubmitted on 24th November. Now onto the next stage......

Fantastic news, both of you
:thumbsup:

StopTheClocks Jan 28th 2010 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8291049)
Booked our summer flights to Vancouver today, Linsy. We plan to check out White Rock when we are over there.

Cheers

Martin

Im staying in white rock from Monday for 2 weeks before coming back to london. Let me know if you have any questions ;)

LinsyPinsy Jan 28th 2010 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8291049)
Booked our summer flights to Vancouver today, Linsy. We plan to check out White Rock when we are over there.

Cheers

Martin

Excellent...we booked ours 2 weeks ago soon after globespan went under. We were worried that the flights would all be taken on other airlines.
What dates are you going?
lns

dasalcedo Jan 28th 2010 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8290717)
Excellent, looks like they have caught up with the xmas lag, to some extent.:thumbup: Was that your first application....did you not send 2 cos you missed out the NA bit?

Fingers crossed, ours will be here soon as ours was received to days after yours, feel nauseous. lns

Hi Linsy, the first application was returned, I got that in Monday this week due to missing out the NA, and on Thursday I got the email from the second application I sent later.

By the way, I paid with Australian credit card and no problems. I'm from Colombia but I have been here in Australia for almost 3 years so they accepted to process my application in Sydney's embassy. Now I'm happy again after been so sick of Australian Immigration which is only interested in money.

Cheers

Daniel

Martin99 Jan 29th 2010 8:39 am

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8291311)
Im staying in white rock from Monday for 2 weeks before coming back to london. Let me know if you have any questions ;)

That is very kind. I would be grateful to hear your thoughts on the area and any visit ideas before we go.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 29th 2010 8:40 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8291392)
Excellent...we booked ours 2 weeks ago soon after globespan went under. We were worried that the flights would all be taken on other airlines.
What dates are you going?
lns

Good job we booked ours then!

We are going late August/early Sept.

Cheers

Martin

michelle101 Jan 29th 2010 4:06 pm

Medical requests received today!

GERA Jan 29th 2010 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8293799)

almost there!!! well done

LinsyPinsy Jan 29th 2010 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8292832)
Good job we booked ours then!

We are going late August/early Sept.

Cheers

Martin

Shame, we're going late July-mid august.
lns

LinsyPinsy Jan 29th 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8293799)

Excellent!!!
lns

joinerboy Jan 29th 2010 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by trumptons (Post 8291135)
Booked our flights for May recce to Calgary today! CANNOT wait (just praying we are not rejected in the meantime:( ) I used the CLUB1 code quoted somewhere on here and got 10% off with Canadian Affair! Whoppeee:rofl:

All the best on your visit and with your visa application:fingerscrossed:

regards
Joinerboy:)

fridgedesign Jan 29th 2010 5:34 pm

Just to let everyone know...

I sent my Application to CIC on 20 November and got my 120 letter today (29 Jan)....

So next stage, same documents to London... Is that correct??

burton bunch Jan 29th 2010 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 8293989)

I sent my Application to CIC on 20 November and got my 120 letter today (29 Jan)....

yeah - copy of the app with all supporting evidence

MapleSauce Jan 29th 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 8293989)

I sent mine to CIC by Royal Mail airsure. Said delivered on 12.11.09.

Just phoned my bank, and no bank withdrawal of funds since then for me and the wife.

Guess it's just a waiting game :/

On the forms for CIC, it has two addresses - one for couriers, and one for normal post. I'm wondering if it's lost - hope not! :(

amrskipro Jan 29th 2010 7:45 pm

Just got a letter from CHC London with new file number - is this the AOR?

The letter states that:

"Applications for permanent residence in Canada in your category require, on averoge, 12 monlhs to process at this office. lf you have not received any instructions from us within 8 months of the dote of this letter, please contact this office. "

Is this the letter that everyone is getting? I have noticed some pretty short AOR to processing times for some other PR aspirants?

All positve encouragement acceptted gladly. Praying that we have sent enough evidence (120 notarised documents) and that we get our PR finally!!.