British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Martin99 Jan 26th 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

[QUOTE=Wags18uk;8283279]

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8282708)

Hi Martin,

Yes all picked up, were the the person at the front of the que? I was the person hopping around taking photo's as my wife was the principal applicant so she had to go inside the High Commission. Great Feeling to have those visa's now!!

Landing in Vancouver on Saturday, then off to Whistler for a couple of weeks snowboarding - FAB!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably looking to move over sometime in august, near Kitchener. Anybody out there looking for a Civil Engineer/Construction Managaer or AutoCAD Draughter?

Best wishes to all who are still waiting, and to those who have the visa's!!

Regards

Mark

I remember you crossing the road to take photos! I was in the queue about two/three people behind you so I will feature in one of your photos.

Let me know how your landing goes in Vancouver as we plan to land there later this year ourselves.

Good luck!

Martin

AmyDavid Jan 26th 2010 1:39 pm

I think that because you sent a copy of the work permit in they have assumed you are applying under CAT2 and this is what they are treating you as. As such then require the following for a CAT2 application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

burton bunch Jan 26th 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by lancashirebird (Post 8283544)

It just naff's me off that someone can stick an application in and just put on paper that they have 1yrs experience and they go straight through, where we have to prove everything :unsure:

And dont even start me off on my soap box - damn right pathetic how they can have peeps money everything be up to date and waiting in a file and stil not give PPR

lancashirebird Jan 26th 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8283617)
I think that because you sent a copy of the work permit in they have assumed you are applying under CAT2 and this is what they are treating you as. As such then require the following for a CAT2 application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

thats what we think as well :(
but why try to take the payment via CC and send an email to say the date had expired....it doesnt has until 2012 on it and enough funds :huh:
seems strange..................

We also think that since they returned in january there is something strange happening at cic..........i wounder if they have had there new visa numbers yet for this year :confused:

Lady Locket Jan 26th 2010 6:01 pm

Up to my eyeballs sorting out the full application for CHC at the moment. Crikey, what a lot of stuff! :blink:

Waiting for our police certificates and uni transcripts to come before we can send it all off, but I think we are doing pretty well so far.

A question on work references and employment contracts for 'present and past employers' - how many different references do you need? Is it just for the job that fits the NOC code you are applying under, or do they want everything you have ever done?

Also, getting items noterised - does that mean certified? As in a solicitor certifying that it is a true copy of the original? This is what I assumed it to be, but please correct me if I am wrong - I really don't want them sending it back 'cos I have been a dufus! :(

Good luck to everyone.... :fingerscrossed:

purple80 Jan 26th 2010 6:03 pm

They have tightened up on everything, and I did the figures somewhere for visa allocations for this year, for the life of me I cannot remember where. Think someone put a thread on here somewhere with a link.....?

As DMP said when I had to go back for repeats on xrays, CIC pipe the tune and we do the dance......

lancashirebird Jan 26th 2010 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8284347)
They have tightened up on everything, and I did the figures somewhere for visa allocations for this year, for the life of me I cannot remember where. Think someone put a thread on here somewhere with a link.....?

As DMP said when I had to go back for repeats on xrays, CIC pipe the tune and we do the dance......

yeah i hear............
all done and letter inside explaining what we have added to the application, here is hoping we get PR before WP runs out...

Martin99 Jan 26th 2010 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket (Post 8284337)
Up to my eyeballs sorting out the full application for CHC at the moment. Crikey, what a lot of stuff! :blink:

Waiting for our police certificates and uni transcripts to come before we can send it all off, but I think we are doing pretty well so far.

A question on work references and employment contracts for 'present and past employers' - how many different references do you need? Is it just for the job that fits the NOC code you are applying under, or do they want everything you have ever done?

Also, getting items noterised - does that mean certified? As in a solicitor certifying that it is a true copy of the original? This is what I assumed it to be, but please correct me if I am wrong - I really don't want them sending it back 'cos I have been a dufus! :(

Good luck to everyone.... :fingerscrossed:

I had certified copies taken by a UK solicitor, which CHC accepted. I also provided reference letters from all of my previous and current employers as the requirements do not seem to limit them to any particular employer type or date.

Cheers

Martin

Lady Locket Jan 26th 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks Martin! Not sure we can do all employers as some have closed down, but will do as many as possible and enclose an explanation letter for the others. I have payslips for all the employers within 10 years or so, even the ones no longer operating, which should help prove employment. Hopefully this will be enough.

Glad the standard certification is ok - means I don't have to redo them! :D

LL x

joinerboy Jan 26th 2010 7:12 pm

Hi LL
Which fsw category are you applying under

regards
Joinerboy

Martin99 Jan 26th 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Locket (Post 8284496)
Thanks Martin! Not sure we can do all employers as some have closed down, but will do as many as possible and enclose an explanation letter for the others. I have payslips for all the employers within 10 years or so, even the ones no longer operating, which should help prove employment. Hopefully this will be enough.

Glad the standard certification is ok - means I don't have to redo them! :D

LL x

Don't worry. I had an employer no longer in business but I simply explained this in my covering letter. My guess is that they may check discreetly that the employer is actually no longer trading if they have any concerns.

Cheers

Martin

Lady Locket Jan 26th 2010 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8284510)
Hi LL
Which fsw category are you applying under

regards
Joinerboy

FSW1 - Hubby is on the high demand list, so we have taken the advantage of applying before getting a job offer. Apparently in Canadian terms he is a 'Medical Radiation Technologist', which is a bit more of a mouthful than 'Radiographer'! :)

Martin99 Jan 26th 2010 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8284347)

How were the follow up tests, Charlie? :fingerscrossed:

StopTheClocks Jan 26th 2010 9:04 pm

[QUOTE=Martin99;8284605].QUOTE]

Martin! I have been following your timeline and from when you submitted your docs to london and you received AOR was roughly 5 weeks...

Its roughly 5 weeks for me too and today i got this!!

''Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on November 3, 2009. The London England office may contact you.''

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO :p:D

im a bit confused by the dates though as I submitted my stuff on 17th December not November?!?

purple80 Jan 26th 2010 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8284605)
How were the follow up tests, Charlie? :fingerscrossed:

We had the repeat x rays done yesterday, sputum testing was done for me on the 10th December for eldest daughter on the 21st December. The x ray results should be back at our DMP within 2 weeks.

Sputum samples have to be cultured for six to eight weeks. If something grows by the sixth week they can stop and send the results to DMP, if nothing grows they have to continue for the full eight weeks, then send results to DMP, who will then send all results to London.

We have been told that the reason they requested retake and testing was due to an old calcification on my lung, (calcification in the lungs can be caused by several different processes. The most common cause is calcification of granulomas, small scars within the lung tissue that are usually caused by infections. Over time these scars become calcified. They are usually benign (not cancerous) and do not cause any problems.) Eldest daughters x ray had an artifact, Artifact on x ray explanation......http://www.hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q1443.html

DMP said not to worry.

Charlie