British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

MrMrsChapman Jan 26th 2010 9:34 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

My husband and I are just taking the plunge and applying for a FSW PR Visa too, and I have got to say that reading your thread from the very beginning to where you are now is just brilliant, and refreshing to hear how quickly things moved for you.

I hope things move that swiftly for us, heres hoping anyway :fingerscrossed:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Binty Jan 26th 2010 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8277876)
When you get your PPR do you have to send more photos ?

Binty

You could always drop them an email and ask but bear in mind that the requests will go through your lawyer then to you so there could be a slight delay

Hey BB,

AOR came through today via consultants..... happy bunny :thumbsup: now the really nervous wait :unsure:

Binty

Gaz67 Jan 26th 2010 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Binty (Post 8284987)
Hey BB,

AOR came through today via consultants..... happy bunny :thumbsup: now the really nervous wait :unsure:

Binty

Gratz :thumbup:

Im hating this Nervous wait ... probably the worst wait of our lives :rofl:

Gaz

burton bunch Jan 26th 2010 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8285021)
Gratz :thumbup:

Im hating this Nervous wait ... probably the worst wait of our lives :rofl:

Gaz

Nope - correction on that is the wait for PPR after meds :fingerscrossed:

syedozy Jan 27th 2010 4:49 am

Hi Burton,
How you doing? All sounds great. Just a quick question please advise how do I know that THE PROCESSING has STARTED?

Ie. You guys have posted that Processing started on ....... date but how do I find out that, if you kindly explain that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

burton bunch Jan 27th 2010 6:08 am

Originally Posted by syedozy (Post 8285744)
Hi Burton,
How you doing? All sounds great. Just a quick question please advise how do I know that THE PROCESSING has STARTED?

Ie. You guys have posted that Processing started on ....... date but how do I find out that, if you kindly explain that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

Your processing started dated is usually noted on your ECAS - the online CIC service for checking your case

michelle101 Jan 27th 2010 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Lady Locket (Post 8284337)
Up to my eyeballs sorting out the full application for CHC at the moment. Crikey, what a lot of stuff! :blink:

Also, getting items noterised - does that mean certified? As in a solicitor certifying that it is a true copy of the original? This is what I assumed it to be, but please correct me if I am wrong - I really don't want them sending it back 'cos I have been a dufus! :(

Good luck to everyone.... :fingerscrossed:

Hi,

Don't get your stuff notarized by the first solicitor you come by, try this web site to find someone and phone around.

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

We were quoted over £200 by one guy, we eventually found someone to do ours for £80. We had a lot of stuff with birth certificates, marriage cert, transcripts etc...

Good luck with everything!

Martin99 Jan 27th 2010 9:29 am

[QUOTE=StopTheClocks;8284833]

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8284605)
.QUOTE]

Martin! I have been following your timeline and from when you submitted your docs to london and you received AOR was roughly 5 weeks...

Its roughly 5 weeks for me too and today i got this!!

''Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on November 3, 2009. The London England office may contact you.''

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO :p:D

im a bit confused by the dates though as I submitted my stuff on 17th December not November?!?

I am delighted for you.

I think the 3 November application they refer to is simply the transfer of your original application forms by CIO to CHC in London. The important line is this one:

''Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review."

Looks like you are on a roll. Keep watching ECAS for when they begin processing the file as that is a major milestone.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Jan 27th 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8284918)
We had the repeat x rays done yesterday, sputum testing was done for me on the 10th December for eldest daughter on the 21st December. The x ray results should be back at our DMP within 2 weeks.

Sputum samples have to be cultured for six to eight weeks. If something grows by the sixth week they can stop and send the results to DMP, if nothing grows they have to continue for the full eight weeks, then send results to DMP, who will then send all results to London.

We have been told that the reason they requested retake and testing was due to an old calcification on my lung, (calcification in the lungs can be caused by several different processes. The most common cause is calcification of granulomas, small scars within the lung tissue that are usually caused by infections. Over time these scars become calcified. They are usually benign (not cancerous) and do not cause any problems.) Eldest daughters x ray had an artifact, Artifact on x ray explanation......http://www.hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q1443.html

DMP said not to worry.

Charlie

At least you will feel thoroughly checked over at the end of all this, Charlie!!!

Martin99 Jan 27th 2010 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MrMrsChapman (Post 8284943)
My husband and I are just taking the plunge and applying for a FSW PR Visa too, and I have got to say that reading your thread from the very beginning to where you are now is just brilliant, and refreshing to hear how quickly things moved for you.

I hope things move that swiftly for us, heres hoping anyway :fingerscrossed:

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Many thanks

The new system is excellent. I really do not know how those applying under the old system managed to cope with all the waiting.

Good luck and please keep us all informed of your timeline and progress.

Martin

MapleSauce Jan 27th 2010 2:24 pm

Hi all!

Noobie to the thread as a poster, but have been reading for some time.

Just returned from a week in Toronto, and i did not want to return to the UK. What a great city! :eek:

Anywho, i wanted to get some clarification on the abbreviations everyone is using here and some help on timelines.

I sent my FSW Cat1 to Sydney on Nov 8th 09 and Canada Post had delievered it on Nov 12th 09. They haven't taken the money from my bank, and i keep reading about this 120 day email. What is this?
:confused:
I've already got all my supporting docs in order, so will be sending them out as soon as i get confirmation from CIO that all is ok. However, will they send a letter, or is it covered in the 120 day 'email'?

Thanks all for your patience!

MS.

burton bunch Jan 27th 2010 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8286986)

I sent my FSW Cat1 to Sydney on Nov 8th 09 and Canada Post had delievered it on Nov 12th 09. They haven't taken the money from my bank, and i keep reading about this 120 day email. What is this?
I've already got all my supporting docs in order, so will be sending them out as soon as i get confirmation from CIO that all is ok. However, will they send a letter, or is it covered in the 120 day 'email'?

MS.

Most of them are by email

Lady Locket Jan 27th 2010 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by michelle101 (Post 8286251)
Hi,

Don't get your stuff notarized by the first solicitor you come by, try this web site to find someone and phone around.

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

We were quoted over £200 by one guy, we eventually found someone to do ours for £80. We had a lot of stuff with birth certificates, marriage cert, transcripts etc...

Good luck with everything!

Thanks for the link, very helpful - although to be fair, with so many friends who are solicitors we will probably use one of them. Despite still having to pay for a professional service, I am hoping we will get mates rates....

:D

Of course, if they don't offer a good price....

LL x

Martin99 Jan 27th 2010 5:32 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8286986)
Hi all!

Noobie to the thread as a poster, but have been reading for some time.

Just returned from a week in Toronto, and i did not want to return to the UK. What a great city! :eek:

Anywho, i wanted to get some clarification on the abbreviations everyone is using here and some help on timelines.

MS.

I hope the attached file will help you with all the confusing abbreviations.

Cheers

Martin

MapleSauce Jan 27th 2010 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8287676)
I hope the attached file will help you with all the confusing abbreviations.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks - appreciated.

Sitting patiently by my email inbox now! :)