British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

kalamfa May 10th 2010 10:12 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Hi all,
Need some info regarding my case as it matches up with this thread,

I filed my case / application for (FSW) and it reached CIC Sidney on the 24th December, 2009 (as per postal service track) but till today i havent recieved anything, no reply/ acknowledgement or even my application back (if rejected), Its been 4.5 months and still with no light.

Is there anyway, i can ask them the status of my application, where it actually is? or maybe according to them they have recieved it or not?

Any email address? fax number? Telephone number? or any suggestion that would help me acquire this basic information.

thanks and regards

JFK.

Gaz67 May 10th 2010 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Clematis (Post 8554199)
Landed today at Niagara.........Woo hoo :thumbsup:

nice one !! :thumbsup:

Gaz

Binty May 10th 2010 1:40 pm

Congratulations and good luck :thumbsup:

Binty

LinsyPinsy May 10th 2010 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8554025)
Hi Lins

I just cudn't wait to get past immigration and stripped off before the gate , streaking past them shouting no goods to follow lol

In kamloops now enjoying that mountain air and wonderful sunny weather..

Its all been worth the effort expense and wait :thumbup:

Speedy process for the rest of you :thumbsup:

Gaz

I did actually laugh out loud when I read your post!

Ta, you have really cheered me up.

PS Have telephone interview with present employer tomorrow as a role has come up in Vancouver they want me to fill. AAAhhhh.

lns

Bali2010 May 10th 2010 8:42 pm

Gaz

Glad you are having a good time

Congrats

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8556292)
PS Have telephone interview with present employer tomorrow as a role has come up in Vancouver they want me to fill. AAAhhhh.

Good luck:fingerscrossed:

kat-b May 11th 2010 12:18 am

April 2010 Application.

Hi everyone :) Sent my initial application to CIO Sydney by Royal Mail on 13/04/2010.......cc has not been charged yet - wish me luck!

Clematis May 11th 2010 2:25 am

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8556626)
April 2010 Application.

Hi everyone :) Sent my initial application to CIO Sydney by Royal Mail on 13/04/2010.......cc has not been charged yet - wish me luck!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

kamshaft May 11th 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8556626)
April 2010 Application.

Good luck m8,

i sent mine in mid feb and havnt heard anyting yet, so your in for a long and painfull wait lol

Kaye. May 11th 2010 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8543731)
Im now going to dance (nekkid) in the garden BRB :eek:

:thumbsup::rofl:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congratulations!!

Hi Lins

I just cudn't wait to get past immigration and stripped off before the gate , streaking past them shouting no goods to follow lol

Its all been worth the effort expense and wait :thumbup:

Speedy process for the rest of you :thumbsup:

Gaz

:rofl: Hope you're enjoying your new life Gaz, loving the FB photos, keep em coming!

Mireille961 May 11th 2010 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8544786)
Hi Mireille

I would recommend using the bank draft reference number when you contact them as you will not yet know your file number. I hope that they can send the email again if it has gone missing. I recommend adding CIC to your safe senders list.

Good luck

Martin

Hi Martin

I sent a follow-up e-mail as you advised me with the bank draft as reference, do you have an idea after how much time they respond?

Thanks

asitoja May 12th 2010 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Mireille961 (Post 8557689)
Hi Martin

I sent a follow-up e-mail as you advised me with the bank draft as reference, do you have an idea after how much time they respond?

Thanks

Hi, I sent my application last March 23 using my credit card, and now I just learned that 24ksomething was charged to my account in the name of Immigration Canada, however, I still haven't received any mail or email from Canada as of this date, I'm worried because i wasn't able to monitor my emails (since i put my email address in my application i think they will send any communications through emails). and if it landed on my spam box, then there is a possibility that it can be deleted anytime without my knowledge,, what shall I do about this?

christmasoompa May 12th 2010 9:51 am

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8560195)
Hi, I sent my application last March 23 using my credit card, and now I just learned that 24ksomething was charged to my account in the name of Immigration Canada, however, I still haven't received any mail or email from Canada as of this date, I'm worried because i wasn't able to monitor my emails (since i put my email address in my application i think they will send any communications through emails). and if it landed on my spam box, then there is a possibility that it can be deleted anytime without my knowledge,, what shall I do about this?

How much was charged to your credit card, and when? When exactly was your application received? And how did you pay by credit card if you applied last March (they only started accepting credit cards on 8th September 2009 for SW applications)?

And yes, they will send your 120 day letter via email if you've put an email address on the form.

BumbleBeeUK May 12th 2010 9:57 am

agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just needed to do that. get that out there amongst people that can empathize.

Still haven't had a response after we replied to their request of needing more information. Most applicants on the same timeline as me got their medical requests already. I am now in Month 10.

I am going through a 'I WANT TO BE THERE NOW' phase. In the past its always been a 'i might go, i might not, lets see if i get in first'. But this time its an aggressive 'thassit get me outta here' feeling.

I honestly don't know how the pre feb 09 applicants do it... i know i am not the norm for new applicants - the 20% that have not been processed within 8 months... i just wish wish wish they would say SOMETHING... I hate the fact that they tell you - allow us 4 months to reply - if you hear nothing write to us... 4 MONTHS... its DRAGGING!

asitoja May 12th 2010 10:08 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8560207)
How much was charged to your credit card, and when? When exactly was your application received? And how did you pay by credit card if you applied last March (they only started accepting credit cards on 8th September 2009 for SW applications)?

And yes, they will send your 120 day letter via email if you've put an email address on the form.

Thank you for your quick response.The amount was 24thousand something (i forgot the exact amount in peso, i just called the credit card company and it is 550 in dollars) the date was April 21, 2010 in the name of Immigration Canada. Up to this date I haven't received any emails, I'm worried because i haven;t take notice of my span/junk box, is there any way I can check it if they had send me an email already.

christmasoompa May 12th 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8560235)
Thank you for your quick response.The amount was 24thousand something (i forgot the exact amount in peso, i just called the credit card company and it is 550 in dollars) the date was April 21, 2010 in the name of Immigration Canada. Up to this date I haven't received any emails, I'm worried because i haven;t take notice of my span/junk box, is there any way I can check it if they had send me an email already.

Ah, ok. When you said 24k I was assuming you meant dollars and was thinking that you'd had your credit card details stolen!

If they took payment on 21st April then you would normally get the 120 day letter sometime after that, but it may not yet have arrived. Keep a close eye on your junk email folder, and maybe if it hasn't arrived in a couple of weeks contact them.

Good luck. :)