British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

MapleSauce Feb 1st 2010 1:32 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8301069)
I work at my bank so I check all day long lol

At least you still have a sense of humour! :)

burton bunch Feb 1st 2010 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by MapleSauce (Post 8301072)
At least you still have a sense of humour! :)

I really wouldnt call it a Sense of Humour - sense of murderous feeling could work but not humour

Martin99 Feb 1st 2010 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8301069)
I work at my bank so I check all day long lol

Oh dear!!

daisychain Feb 1st 2010 3:08 pm

[QUOTE=Wags18uk;8266568]Cheers Martin, Just hoping its not as cold as two weeks ago, at least it wasn't snowing though!! Went for dinner after at Gordon Ramseys place in the square just behind the high commision afetrwards, and even met him!! Great end to a great day, but not as good as tomorrow!!

See you in the line-up!! :D

Hi, what was the name of Ramsey's restaurant we may take a look there when the time comes, a nice way to finish off a long wait. Many thanks

Martin99 Feb 1st 2010 3:47 pm

[QUOTE=daisychain;8301305]

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8266568)
Cheers Martin, Just hoping its not as cold as two weeks ago, at least it wasn't snowing though!! Went for dinner after at Gordon Ramseys place in the square just behind the high commision afetrwards, and even met him!! Great end to a great day, but not as good as tomorrow!!

See you in the line-up!! :D

Hi, what was the name of Ramsey's restaurant we may take a look there when the time comes, a nice way to finish off a long wait. Many thanks

Wags is now on holiday "landing" in Vancouver. It sounded a very expensive restaurant but it would be a good reason to celebrate, I agree!!!

StopTheClocks Feb 1st 2010 5:23 pm

Hey all

Im in Canada at the moment but move back to London in a few weeks (was here in a 1 year working visa whilst applying for my PR)

I want to change my address online as they sent me a hardcopy letter (the AOR) to my canadian address a few days before I moved out

I did send them an update letter with my application to london saying not to send me any mail to canada .... but they didnt read this i guess

what should i do?

I tried to change the address online but they want a new CANADIAN address (this field is already pre filled in so cant be edited)

any suggestions? should i write to them again?!?

THANKS so much

Martin99 Feb 1st 2010 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8301668)
Hey all

Im in Canada at the moment but move back to London in a few weeks (was here in a 1 year working visa whilst applying for my PR)

I want to change my address online as they sent me a hardcopy letter (the AOR) to my canadian address a few days before I moved out

I did send them an update letter with my application to london saying not to send me any mail to canada .... but they didnt read this i guess

what should i do?

I tried to change the address online but they want a new CANADIAN address (this field is already pre filled in so cant be edited)

any suggestions? should i write to them again?!?

THANKS so much

Can you not send a case specific message to CHC London via their website? At the same time, I would still forward my mail to the new address as a fall-back.

Cheers

Martin

LinsyPinsy Feb 1st 2010 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8299846)
Just an update from the BB's - now CIC have lost my draft cant find it although I have a UPS tracker confirmation saying some bl**dy guard signed for it:frown:

Ooohhh Nooo!
What are you going to do? :(Your TWP runs out soon...
lns

StopTheClocks Feb 1st 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8302070)
Can you not send a case specific message to CHC London via their website? At the same time, I would still forward my mail to the new address as a fall-back.

Cheers

Martin

Both are now done!!

Thanks for your help (as always!!)

:)

Martin99 Feb 1st 2010 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks (Post 8302247)
Both are now done!!

Thanks for your help (as always!!)

I hope it works!!! :fingerscrossed:

purple80 Feb 2nd 2010 2:14 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8299846)
Just an update from the BB's - now CIC have lost my draft cant find it although I have a UPS tracker confirmation saying some bl**dy guard signed for it:frown:

Oh for goodness sake, I really feel for you Gaynor, what are you going to do?

Charlie

Martin99 Feb 2nd 2010 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8302156)
Ooohhh Nooo!
What are you going to do? :(Your TWP runs out soon...
lns

Linsy

Have you changed your hairstyle? Something about your picture looks a little different!!!!! :rofl:

Cheers

Martin :rofl:

princess caribou Feb 2nd 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Martin,

Initial FSW application sent to Sydney on 1 February 2010.
Will keep this post updated.

tracys Feb 2nd 2010 6:23 pm

Hi, did anyone send their application via Royal Mail signed for overseas mail? It's recorded delivery for Canada and US mail.

Sent mine on 25-1-10, still not arrived. Tracking info says passed to overseas mail for delivery in Canada!

Should I have used DHL:unsure: Or am I expecting miracles?

Tracy

Kaye. Feb 2nd 2010 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 8305505)
Hi, did anyone send their application via Royal Mail signed for overseas mail? It's recorded delivery for Canada and US mail.

Sent mine on 25-1-10, still not arrived. Tracking info says passed to overseas mail for delivery in Canada!

Should I have used DHL:unsure: Or am I expecting miracles?

Tracy

Have you checked the Canada post website using your tracking details?