British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Wags18uk Jan 19th 2010 11:27 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8260217)
Hello

Following on from the credit card charge last week, I have now got my 120 day email.:D
Time stamped, for posterity, 13.33 on 18th January 2010 on my email (which in my guess was pretty early morning for them).
My heart rate was up just a bit when reading & re-reading the email.

For info the email address that sent it was:
FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office <[email protected]

The email gave my reference number to quote in future correspondence (does this include ECAS eventually?) and a receipt nr for the credit card charge.

My application was under FSW1 i.e. work experience on the list of 38 occupations.

Just shy of 12 weeks by a day, but that did include Christmas & New Year.

They are still churning through them so here's hoping a swift response for those in November now & anyone still from the tail end of October.:fingerscrossed:

Bali
:)

Congrats Bali!! You should be able to log in to ecas with that ref no. now (Immigration File No.). :)

Just checked our status and it says 'Decision Made'! Glad of that, we pick our passports back up on Thursday!! :lol:

Gaz67 Jan 19th 2010 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8263264)
I mean when I get my 120 letter/email, we will be asked for references, birth certs, police checks etc. Do we need the photos when we send all that back, or are the photos at a later date? I think I'm being thick.
linsy

Yes you need to send the photos as required with all your other docs ton London after you receive your 120 day letter.

Your not being thick :p somethings in the application are not made very clear

Gaz

LinsyPinsy Jan 19th 2010 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8260529)
Hi Lins

do you mean after you receive 120day letter?

If so then yes you need to submit the photographs they asked for in the canadian sizes , got all ours done in a photo studio in Liverpool city centre.

All was fine till we had to get the baby to pose at 4 weeks old lol

Gaz

Good luck with the baby photo's...you'll need it!!!
lins
PS worked out when photos are required, thanks.

Martin99 Jan 19th 2010 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8262249)
Congrats Bali!! You should be able to log in to ecas with that ref no. now (Immigration File No.). :)

Just checked our status and it says 'Decision Made'! Glad of that, we pick our passports back up on Thursday!! :lol:

Mark

Our ECAS status also has changed to "Decision Made". Like you, I will be lining up outside the CHC this coming Thursday afternoon.

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

Martin

Bali2010 Jan 19th 2010 7:08 pm

[QUOTE=Gaz67;8260536]

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8260493)
Thanks guys

Gratz Bali

Gaz

Originally Posted by GERA (Post 8261384)
Congratz Bali!!! Join the club of gathering all docs together ..I wish you all the best as we go forward with the application

Originally Posted by julietaba (Post 8261646)
Many congratulations, its such a relief to receive the email! I was in the hairdressers when my husband called to tell me - I think I floated home!!! Then you realise how much paper work you have to submit :/ Hope all goes well.
Julie

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8261995)
Great news!

Originally Posted by Poppit (Post 8262057)
Congratulations Bali, one hurdle over.

Goodluck

Poppit

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8262249)

Thanks all of you for your support - nice to know others understand how it feels.:thumbup:, especially when I am not in a position to talk much about it to others.

Also, did my first check on Ecas & now am on there, remembering to enter England as place of birth!

I now have a slight self imposed delay whilst I try to keep a UK job during Co. restructure, before I can get work refs, so will have to wait most of the 120 days for that.

Bali

Gaz67 Jan 19th 2010 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8263462)
Mark

Our ECAS status also has changed to "Decision Made". Like you, I will be lining up outside the CHC this coming Thursday afternoon.

Martin

Gratz the two of you, still no change on my Ecas :( im on the same timeline as JoePublic , infact if you look at our timelines i am a week infront of him most of the way... now im beginning to worry !!

Thursday what a nice day of the week that is becoming I might even make the trip from Liverpool to London just to hand ours in as long as we make the grade lol :thumbsup:

Gaz

LinsyPinsy Jan 19th 2010 9:30 pm

Mark

Martin

Great news!!!
linsy

purple80 Jan 20th 2010 12:46 am

Mark

Martin

Congratulations to the both of you.

Charlie

livtastic Jan 20th 2010 4:19 am

Im still waiting...hoping to hear soon!

:fingerscrossed:

FSW1 Initial application to Sydney NS sent 02 Nov 09; Rec'd @ Sydney 09 Nov 09

joinerboy Jan 20th 2010 6:12 am

Mark

Martin

Hi Martin
Big congrats, not long before you get to see your 'visa' enjoy the moment, like me I'm sure you'll be thinking is this end of the process or just the start.
All the best for the future.

Regards
Joinerboy

joinerboy Jan 20th 2010 6:16 am

Originally Posted by livtastic (Post 8264832)
Im still waiting...hoping to hear soon!

:fingerscrossed:

FSW1 Initial application to Sydney NS sent 02 Nov 09; Rec'd @ Sydney 09 Nov 09

Hi Livtastic
Hope you hear some positive news soon on your application at least it's the start of a new year new quota for CHC and this could work in your
favour for the rest of your timeline.

Regards
Joinerboy

Alphawolf Jan 20th 2010 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8263615)
Gratz the two of you, still no change on my Ecas :( im on the same timeline as JoePublic , infact if you look at our timelines i am a week infront of him most of the way... now im beginning to worry !!

Thursday what a nice day of the week that is becoming I might even make the trip from Liverpool to London just to hand ours in as long as we make the grade lol :thumbsup:

Gaz

Hey Gaz,

I know its frustrating but try not to worry too much, my timeline was a month in front of some on here who had their meds well before me but its the end result that matters, we finally got our meds request and I'm sure you will too.
Good luck Gaz hope you hear soon

Gaz67 Jan 20th 2010 8:32 am

Originally Posted by mags1972 (Post 8265146)
Hey Gaz,

I know its frustrating but try not to worry too much, my timeline was a month in front of some on here who had their meds well before me but its the end result that matters, we finally got our meds request and I'm sure you will too.
Good luck Gaz hope you hear soon

Thanks :thumbup: i think it seems longer when you are comparing your timeline with others and expecting the same length of processing.

Doesnt help that im not working full time anymore (through choice) and thus have more time to think about it :ohmy:

:fingerscrossed: we will here sometime soon :eek:

Im glad we didnt decide to apply years ago when we first thought about it, i dont think i would have that coped well with the old process times.

Gaz

Gaz67 Jan 20th 2010 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8265308)
Thanks :thumbup: i think it seems longer when you are comparing your timeline with others and expecting the same length of processing.

Doesnt help that im not working full time anymore (through choice) and thus have more time to think about it :ohmy:

Im glad we didnt decide to apply years ago when we first thought about it, i dont think i would have that coped well with the old process times.

Gaz

In relation to the above IMPATIENCE IS A VIRTUE :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8tWLEsLpxs

Martin99 Jan 20th 2010 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8265308)

Gaz

Keep holding in there, Gaz!