British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

lancashirebird Jan 25th 2010 9:34 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

FULL application just returned back to us............
Why because we never inc a letter of employers....

They never asked for them......FFS
so OH employer called one being sorted..asap
printing off uk ones as well and application will be back at them

At least this way i can change the processing office to london instead of buffalo, just heard horror story and delays at buffalo since i put them down, so ill cahnge that and they are getting the application back at them............

Here we go again waiting :(

purple80 Jan 25th 2010 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by lancashirebird (Post 8281510)

At least this way i can change the processing office to london instead of buffalo, just heard horror story and delays at buffalo since i put them down, so ill cahnge that and they are getting the application back at them............

Buggeration......

Are you FSW 2? With AEO? Was this to CIO?

When we sent our application in we had to send in OH employment letter, the one stating that his employer would give him permanent job if he had PR.

Point 8 on the CIO checklist?

Charlie

lancashirebird Jan 25th 2010 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8281620)
Buggeration......

Are you FSW 2? With AEO? Was this to CIO?

When we sent our application in we had to send in OH employment letter, the one stating that his employer would give him permanent job if he had PR.

Point 8 on the CIO checklist?

Charlie

FSW 1, he is a trademan, we was going through ainp (trademan) but decided it was taking to long and we had the dosh to do the application etc, so we put it in, been here a yr, hes a qualified journeyman etc
his employer is doing a letter now for me and i have copied the references from the uk, they will get it all, maybe they dont need it, but they are going to get it anyway.

It does say inc the letter with the returned application.
Looking at the timelines at buffalo they may have done us a favour, but it still naffs me off that they treat us TWP like this, o well we live and learn eh!!!

application will be sent back tomorrow :blink:

Bali2010 Jan 25th 2010 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by lancashirebird (Post 8281638)
FSW 1, he is a trademan, we was going through ainp (trademan) but decided it was taking to long and we had the dosh to do the application etc, so we put it in, been here a yr, hes a qualified journeyman etc
his employer is doing a letter now for me and i have copied the references from the uk, they will get it all, maybe they dont need it, but they are going to get it anyway.

Looking at the timelines at buffalo they may have done us a favour, but it still naffs me off that they treat us TWP like this, o well we live and learn eh!!!

That is just bum - sorry the paperwork has got in the way - are you on a tight deadline or is it more irritation factor?

Bali

AmyDavid Jan 25th 2010 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by lancashirebird (Post 8281638)

If they are asking for letter etc then he is applying under FSW cat 2 - as he is already here and employed.

lancashirebird Jan 26th 2010 12:31 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8281819)
If they are asking for letter etc then he is applying under FSW cat 2 - as he is already here and employed.

probably i have given up and got the letter done :)
it says to send the letter back with the application, so i will do and swop from buffalo to london as well, i suppose they did me a favour.
We have work permits issued in august as i had to return for my moms funeral last year so we did them early...............
just talking to a friend and think it maybe tight, so going to speak to OH boss and tell him now that we may need to apply for another WP............O the joys eh!!!!

AmyDavid Jan 26th 2010 12:53 am

Originally Posted by lancashirebird (Post 8282027)
it says to send the letter back with the application, so i will do and swop from buffalo to london as well, i suppose they did me a favour.
We have work permits issued in august as i had to return for my moms funeral last year so we did them early...............
just talking to a friend and think it maybe tight, so going to speak to OH boss and tell him now that we may need to apply for another WP............O the joys eh!!!!

God it never ends does it! Just think how much we will appreciate it when we finally get our PRs.

PMM Jan 26th 2010 1:34 am

Hi

You realize of course that if Buffalo sent your application back, London wont' have the referral from Sydney and no record of your approval?

lancashirebird Jan 26th 2010 1:38 am

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8282164)
Hi

You realize of course that if Buffalo sent your application back, London wont' have the referral from Sydney and no record of your approval?

it was sent back from sydney not buffalo as they havent even taken my processing payment yet.........plus the letter advises that no record will be kept of the application if i decide not to return.
They advise in the letter to send the letter attached with advised application :thumbsup:

SO buffalo doesnt even know of me..............

Martin99 Jan 26th 2010 7:31 am

[QUOTE=Wags18uk;8266568]Cheers Martin, Just hoping its not as cold as two weeks ago, at least it wasn't snowing though!! Went for dinner after at Gordon Ramseys place in the square just behind the high commision afetrwards, and even met him!! Great end to a great day, but not as good as tomorrow!!

See you in the line-up!! :D

Hi Mark

Did you pick up your passports with your visas inside last week?

Cheers

Martin

Wags18uk Jan 26th 2010 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=Martin99;8282708]

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8266568)
Cheers Martin, Just hoping its not as cold as two weeks ago, at least it wasn't snowing though!! Went for dinner after at Gordon Ramseys place in the square just behind the high commision afetrwards, and even met him!! Great end to a great day, but not as good as tomorrow!!

See you in the line-up!! :D

Hi Mark

Did you pick up your passports with your visas inside last week?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes all picked up, were the the person at the front of the que? I was the person hopping around taking photo's as my wife was the principal applicant so she had to go inside the High Commission. Great Feeling to have those visa's now!!

Landing in Vancouver on Saturday, then off to Whistler for a couple of weeks snowboarding - FAB!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Probably looking to move over sometime in august, near Kitchener. Anybody out there looking for a Civil Engineer/Construction Managaer or AutoCAD Draughter?

Best wishes to all who are still waiting, and to those who have the visa's!!

Regards

LinsyPinsy Jan 26th 2010 12:37 pm

Oh craps........................
lnsy

LinsyPinsy Jan 26th 2010 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 8278898)
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering what date people applied on who are getting email/lettered replies back from Sydney?

I sent my application for a FSW on November 20 2009 and haven't heard anything yet.....

Fridge design
We sent ours 2 days before you...18th November and was recieved on the 25th November. Expecting an email in next 2 weeks.:fingerscrossed:
linsy

purple80 Jan 26th 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8281819)

Thats what I thought?

When does your LMO expire?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8282081)
God it never ends does it! Just think how much we will appreciate it when we finally get our PRs.

I used to think that I would want to have a party, if and when it happens I now I think I will probably just sob with relief. Here's hoping we all hear something soon. Fingers crossed for us all. :fingerscrossed:

Charlie

lancashirebird Jan 26th 2010 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8283468)
Thats what I thought?

When does your LMO expire?

I used to think that I would want to have a party, if and when it happens I now I think I will probably just sob with relief. Here's hoping we all hear something soon. Fingers crossed for us all. :fingerscrossed:

Charlie

we was lucky as we could go under any route, it advised
1. According to the eligibility criteria, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience* in one or more of the occupations listed here.

we decided that we would go under the one year of working here and then when our ainp certificate came through we would add that to the application.
I suppose they dont want us on the route eh!!!!

so today a letter is going in with the date my OH started work there, with the info that there is full time perm position when he gets PR and his boss has added a bit that says that hes a good worker, settled in community blabla (haha) and copy of redseal certificate

I would rather send to much at this point :thumbup:
also it looks like our ainp certificate should be here nxt month, so that will go in as soon as i receive as well.
we have been lucky as there is so many routes that we can take.

It just naff's me off that someone can stick an application in and just put on paper that they have 1yrs experience and they go straight through, where we have to prove everything :unsure:

I know i needed all the letters etc at 120 email stage, but not at this
about time they had a standard process, we have way over the points needed, so why the hassle....
o well it goes back today.....lets see what happens :eek: