British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

witchileiz Oct 15th 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 8920162)
CONGRATS!! seems everybody is getting email this week - I am getting a little worried, My app was receieved on 5th may and cc charged on 5th Aug, but still nothing!! :frown:

I am sure it is just a matter of days now for everyone - I noted someone had received their email before we did, even though their app was sent after mine, so I imagine it is a case of whose desk your file is sat on, rather than date order. :fingerscrossed: Not long now - I am sure...

kat-b Oct 15th 2010 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102 (Post 8920023)
We received a letter that also had our new case number on it

Great, Thanks it'll save me rummaging through my junk mail! :-)

kat-b Oct 15th 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by jamie677 (Post 8920284)
We sent our full docs to London on the 21 sept,we have had nothing back yet,keeping our fingers crossed it won't be to long :)

Hope you hear soon! Great so I must be a week behind you, let me know if you hear. Good luck! :-)

Brunti Oct 17th 2010 3:41 pm

Well this is it, we're off to do the flagpole thing today. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has given me advice personally but also those who have posted their experiences. It is always very reassuring to know that you're not the only one going through this. Good luck to everyone still waiting, it will be worth it in the end.

And if anyone wants advice about being an electrician in BC or about Chilliwack give me a shout. :thumbsup:

LinsyPinsy Oct 17th 2010 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 8924208)
Well this is it, we're off to do the flagpole thing today. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has given me advice personally but also those who have posted their experiences. It is always very reassuring to know that you're not the only one going through this. Good luck to everyone still waiting, it will be worth it in the end.

And if anyone wants advice about being an electrician in BC or about Chilliwack give me a shout. :thumbsup:

good luck today
lnsxxx

jamie677 Oct 18th 2010 10:30 am

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8920639)
Hope you hear soon! Great so I must be a week behind you, let me know if you hear. Good luck! :-)

And you :fingerscrossed:
keep you posted:)

The Sun Oct 18th 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 8920325)
I am sure it is just a matter of days now for everyone - I noted someone had received their email before we did, even though their app was sent after mine, so I imagine it is a case of whose desk your file is sat on, rather than date order. :fingerscrossed: Not long now - I am sure...

Hello Witchleiz,

I strongly believe in your comment. Some of their members of staff must be much slower in doing their official duties since there is no deadline for our applications processing on their desk. No worries. We will get over this unreasonable delay on our applications sooner than expected!!!

:)

Crushing Oct 18th 2010 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 8920162)
CONGRATS!! seems everybody is getting email this week - I am getting a little worried, My app was receieved on 5th may and cc charged on 5th Aug, but still nothing!! :frown:

We have recieved our 120 day email today and it is starting to feel like something is in fact happening with our application now at long last!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D

Some more of you guys should of recieved or will get their 120 day email know aswell, let me know.

Gareth have you had yours also, I hope you have because our timelines are identical mate, speak to you soon!:)

All the best for the rest you who have had a long wait for reaching the next stage:thumbup:

Bal :) Good luck to everyone, we will get there....................

witchileiz Oct 18th 2010 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bal uk (Post 8926637)
We have recieved our 120 day email today and it is starting to feel like something is in fact happening with our application now at long last!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D

Some more of you guys should of recieved or will get their 120 day email know aswell, let me know.

Gareth have you had yours also, I hope you have because our timelines are identical mate, speak to you soon!:)

All the best for the rest you who have had a long wait for reaching the next stage:thumbup:

Bal :)

Congrats Bal and anyone else getting the email - onwards and upwards! :thumbsup:

garethnock Oct 18th 2010 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bal uk (Post 8926637)

Bal :) Good luck to everyone, we will get there....................

Evening Matey, YES!!!! just got home from work and the email was sitting there waiting for me it was recieved at 7.45pm tonight!!:eek:
Very exciting now!! also got all my paperwork ready to go!!
Good luck to everybody else who has recieved there letter over the last few days!!:thumbsup:

Gareth

Salmanizak Oct 19th 2010 6:43 am

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 8926898)
Evening Matey, YES!!!! just got home from work and the email was sitting there waiting for me it was recieved at 7.45pm tonight!!:eek:
Very exciting now!! also got all my paperwork ready to go!!
Good luck to everybody else who has recieved there letter over the last few days!!:thumbsup:

Gareth

To give more air to your hopes, one of my friend whose draft was cashed on the 13th received his mail yesterday.

Another one had his CC debited on the 9th and got the 120 mail today morning. Remain hopeful and hold it fast, I am sure it is coming particuarly for those who were charged in August :thumbup:

Kaye5 Oct 19th 2010 4:09 pm

Got it! 120 day email came in today!

Now to wake up and get the rest of the documents together.....it's been so long the file has gathered a lot of dust!

Such a relief though to get something positive at last. It's been a long struggle to get even this far.

Anyone else? They seem to be all coming in. JPod?

Jpod Oct 19th 2010 4:30 pm

Yay, me too! Its so funny that we are all receiving them around the same time. Thanks for all the words of encouragement from those who basically said "keep the faith" - you know who you are . . .

Well done to all who have received them and keep in touch with the next steps, and for those who haven't got them yet, keep the Canuck faith . . .

Jools

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8928669)
Got it! 120 day email came in today!

Now to wake up and get the rest of the documents together.....it's been so long the file has gathered a lot of dust!

Such a relief though to get something positive at last. It's been a long struggle to get even this far.

Anyone else? They seem to be all coming in. JPod?

sdo1982 Oct 19th 2010 5:20 pm

Not a peep yet! :thumbdown:

Kaye5 Oct 19th 2010 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jpod (Post 8928713)
Yay, me too! Its so funny that we are all receiving them around the same time. Thanks for all the words of encouragement from those who basically said "keep the faith" - you know who you are . . .

Well done to all who have received them and keep in touch with the next steps, and for those who haven't got them yet, keep the Canuck faith . . .

Jools

Phew! You must be so relieved! How are you doing with getting all the supporting docs together - we have been struggling (with my employers mainly)?

Still need to get current employer letters (waited till the last minute, securing more points the longer it takes - so some good has come out of the long wait), police certs, translations etc - seem to have a huge amount amassed already!

All of you still waiting - :fingerscrossed: - I'm sure you will hear soon, they seem to be on a roll!