British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

The Sun Oct 13th 2010 1:11 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 8914776)
Hi, re Hotmail: When in your inbox, go to 'Profile' (top right corner), then 'Privacy' settings (top centre), then 'Mail' (top left), then 'safe and blocked senders' under the junk heading, then 'safe senders' and add the email address.

I THINK this is the correct address: [email protected] - could someone please verify this, as I am copy typing as cannot cut and paste from the safe senders list on my hotmail?

Hello Guys

It is unthinkable that a well recognised Government of Canada Immigration website ([email protected]) email and their letter will be taken into spam section of Yahoo, Googlemail, Hotmail or any other website email address. Pls they have not send your 120day email. That is it.

We should be prayerful to see this nightmare over this week or as soon as possible by Almighty GOD's grace. If you believe in prayer kindly say 'Amen!!!' and it shall be your turn to receive your positive 120day email before the end of this week.

Be hopeful and prayerful always.

Thanks.

CanadaJimmy Oct 13th 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 8915355)
It is unthinkable that a well recognised Government of Canada Immigration website ([email protected]) email and their letter will be taken into spam section of Yahoo, Googlemail, Hotmail or any other website email address. Pls they have not send your 120day email. That is it.

No it's not it. The email has ended up in the spam folders of many people on this board, perhaps you would have found that if you stopped being so presumptuous and actually did 5 minutes of research. It is not "well-recognized" any more than any other email address.

As for me, I set up GMail to not block any *@*.ca emails.

christmasoompa Oct 14th 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 8915355)

Actually, they quite often go in to a spam folder. It will depend on your security settings - certainly mine (Hotmail) would have sent it in to my junk email folder if I'd hadn't set up the email address to be recognised.

We've had many a forum member whose 120 email has been lost in their junk email folder! Just because it comes from a government address doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

woz718 Oct 14th 2010 8:27 am

Good news....we got our 120 email on 12 October after our money was taken on 14 August. :thumbsup:

sdo1982 Oct 14th 2010 9:44 am

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8917341)
Good news....we got our 120 email on 12 October after our money was taken on 14 August. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Great news! Fingers crossed that means the rest of us should hear something soon!

ali2010 Oct 14th 2010 10:51 am

congrats to all those who getting their 120 days email. I am still waiting for mine one Bank Draft cashed on 4th Aug.

chef09 Oct 15th 2010 12:28 am

Hi everyone, just like to say ive been lurching on this site for about a year and thought id finally join in!

Just a bit of hope for you all, our application was received at NS on [B]JUNE 14TH 2010[B] Not sure when fee was taken as we are using an immigration consultant, received our 120day email straight into our Hotmail and Tiscali inbox via our consultants today( CIC dated it yesterday 13/10/2010)!!

So they are definitely processing the files which is good news!!

Fingers crossed for you all, they should be coming soon!! :thumbup: :D

chef09 Oct 15th 2010 12:42 am

Originally Posted by chef09 (Post 8919242)
Hi everyone, just like to say ive been lurching on this site for about a year and thought id finally join in!

Just a bit of hope for you all, our application was received at NS on [B]JUNE 14TH 2010[B] Not sure when fee was taken as we are using an immigration consultant, received our 120day email straight into our Hotmail and Tiscali inbox via our consultants today( CIC dated it yesterday 13/10/2010)!!

So they are definitely processing the files which is good news!!

Fingers crossed for you all, they should be coming soon!! :thumbup: :D

Just trying to sort my signature out, not sure why it didnt appear?

kat-b Oct 15th 2010 11:13 am

Hi

Just a quick question. I sent full docs to London several weeks go. What format does the AOR arrive in. Is it an email (like 120 day email) or a letter?

Thanks
Kat

Silverdragon102 Oct 15th 2010 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8919964)
Hi

Just a quick question. I sent full docs to London several weeks go. What format does the AOR arrive in. Is it an email (like 120 day email) or a letter?

Thanks
Kat

We received a letter that also had our new case number on it

AmyDavid Oct 15th 2010 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by woz718 (Post 8917341)

Yippee! Congrats :0)

witchileiz Oct 15th 2010 1:06 pm

Just got our 120 day email - (as in literally just now!!) cc was charged at end of August - so I guess that means (as a few others have also reported getting THE email) that things are finally moving!

So excited - best of luck to the rest of you!

:thumbsup:

garethnock Oct 15th 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 8920157)
Just got our 120 day email - (as in literally just now!!) cc was charged at end of August - so I guess that means (as a few others have also reported getting THE email) that things are finally moving!

So excited - best of luck to the rest of you!

:thumbsup:

CONGRATS!! seems everybody is getting email this week - I am getting a little worried, My app was receieved on 5th may and cc charged on 5th Aug, but still nothing!! :frown:

The Sun Oct 15th 2010 1:54 pm

:frown:

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 8920162)
CONGRATS!! seems everybody is getting email this week - I am getting a little worried, My app was receieved on 5th may and cc charged on 5th Aug, but still nothing!! :frown:

I dont know what has happened to application after charging my credit card since August 6th.

I'm a bit nervous. I rang CIO on 16139444000 to ask for information on my application. I was told that my application is with them but they neither confirm the letter nor promise the receipt.

Just let be hopeful.

jamie677 Oct 15th 2010 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 8919964)
Hi

Thanks
Kat

We sent our full docs to London on the 21 sept,we have had nothing back yet,keeping our fingers crossed it won't be to long :)