British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

ali2010 Oct 19th 2010 6:33 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

I received my 120 days email earlier this evening. Thanks everybody for helping me out and i hope this help will be continued in near future.

Wish best of luck to all those who are waiting for your 120 days email.

LMBrian Oct 19th 2010 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8928669)
Got it! 120 day email came in today!

Now to wake up and get the rest of the documents together.....it's been so long the file has gathered a lot of dust!

Such a relief though to get something positive at last. It's been a long struggle to get even this far.

Anyone else? They seem to be all coming in. JPod?

Congrats-hopefully everyone will get the good news e-mail soon:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Salmanizak Oct 20th 2010 5:05 am

Originally Posted by ali2010 (Post 8928921)
I received my 120 days email earlier this evening. Thanks everybody for helping me out and i hope this help will be continued in near future.

Kaye, JPod, Ali! I am truly happy for you, as well as the other ones who are out of this bothersome state.

Our applications reached CIO on almost same dates, but I was lucky to get through 2 months earlier. Nevertheless, the advantage now is that you have me to discuss anything about the final application for Visa Office :)

I was just yesterday able to dispatch my final application to London Visa Office. Do let me know if you have any queries or need any sort of assistance; target to cover the so far time delay by sending you 2nd stage application ASAP now without any single delay.

Your time starts now; 1 . . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . GOOOOOOOO . . . . . :thumbsup:

Kaye5 Oct 20th 2010 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 8929997)
Kaye, JPod, Ali! I am truly happy for you, as well as the other ones who are out of this bothersome state.

Our applications reached CIO on almost same dates, but I was lucky to get through 2 months earlier. Nevertheless, the advantage now is that you have me to discuss anything about the final application for Visa Office :)

I was just yesterday able to dispatch my final application to London Visa Office. Do let me know if you have any queries or need any sort of assistance; target to cover the so far time delay by sending you 2nd stage application ASAP now without any single delay.

Your time starts now; 1 . . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . GOOOOOOOO . . . . . :thumbsup:

;) ha ha, you're going to be sorry you offered... I always have questions!

Q1 - do we need to reprint blank signature pages and resign and redate? Mentions "original" signatures, or do we just send copies of all the forms (signed in April) as they were when submitted to CIO?

Q2 - if English is mother tongue, do we need to do English Language Testing? We have prepared a Written Statement, which was what was requested when we applied. Website has been updated and I can't find reference for those who applied before the rule changes requiring everyone to take the tests.

(Sorry if these have been answered before!)

I'm sure I will have more, as we go through the pile of documents.....

witchileiz Oct 20th 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8930293)

Q1 - do we need to reprint blank signature pages and resign and redate? Mentions "original" signatures, or do we just send copies of all the forms (signed in April) as they were when submitted to CIO?

Q2 - if English is mother tongue, do we need to do English Language Testing? We have prepared a Written Statement, which was what was requested when we applied. Website has been updated and I can't find reference for those who applied before the rule changes requiring everyone to take the tests.

Hi Kaye5

I asked the question about the language testing a few days ago (joined a slightly old thread) and was told by other members that they used the old checklist. I was worried as the email gives the links to the 'new checklist' that states you MUST have the test results or it will be returned.

I did think we should just use the old one - but once you get the email and print off the stuff it makes you panic. Do you still have the old checklist? I have just had a look on my pc and although I seem to have every pdf of all the docs required, I cannot seem to find the original checklist - anyone else got this?

Thanks

Salmanizak Oct 20th 2010 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Kaye5 (Post 8930293)

No issues, I will extend an invoice at the end so be watchful :lol:

I am not an expert but per my so far knowledge and experience, answers to your Q's are:

1. Reprint the sign pages and sign them in fresh; the pages should be freshly signed, not a copy, with current date.

2. English proficiency 3rd party test is a must requirement for the new system after 26th June. I think you can proceed with the Written statement as accepted by CIO earlier. See the 120 mail letter for any specific requirement on this, may be there is a hint for you.

Kaye5 Oct 20th 2010 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 8930340)
Hi Kaye5

I asked the question about the language testing a few days ago (joined a slightly old thread) and was told by other members that they used the old checklist. I was worried as the email gives the links to the 'new checklist' that states you MUST have the test results or it will be returned.

I did think we should just use the old one - but once you get the email and print off the stuff it makes you panic. Do you still have the old checklist? I have just had a look on my pc and although I seem to have every pdf of all the docs required, I cannot seem to find the original checklist - anyone else got this?

Thanks

Ah, just read the other thread - new checklist versus old checklist requirements.

The only problem I can see with using the old checklist is that it doesn't mention the "Your Travels" form which has snuck in on the new checklist. I think I'm going to use the new checklist and put in a letter (as you suggest in the other thread) saying I've put in a Statement re Language Proficiency as pre-whatever-the-date-of-change was and also include the Your Travels form. No idea if that is or isn't needed for pre-June applicants, but it's an easy one for us to fill in so no point in missing it out.

Unless anyone knows anything else about the Your Travels form?

I probably have the old checklist at home, so can pdf it tomorrow if no-one else comes up with it and you decide to go with the old one.

Kaye5 Oct 20th 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 8930627)
No issues, I will extend an invoice at the end so be watchful :lol:

I am not an expert but per my so far knowledge and experience, answers to your Q's are:

1. Reprint the sign pages and sign them in fresh; the pages should be freshly signed, not a copy, with current date.

2. English proficiency 3rd party test is a must requirement for the new system after 26th June. I think you can proceed with the Written statement as accepted by CIO earlier. See the 120 mail letter for any specific requirement on this, may be there is a hint for you.

Thank you! There isn't any advice in the 120 email letter about the English test, they just link to the new checklist which has the new rules!

JT1 Oct 20th 2010 12:52 pm

I'm confused now - if we applied before 26 June, no need for language proficiency test even though it says so on the new checklist which comes with the much awaited 120 day email?

LinsyPinsy Oct 20th 2010 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by JT1 (Post 8930940)
I'm confused now - if we applied before 26 June, no need for language proficiency test even though it says so on the new checklist which comes with the much awaited 120 day email?

For clarification.....as long as your initial application was recieved by Sydney before 26th June you dont need to do a 3rd party IELTS test-unless you are not a native english speaker.
How frustrating to you that have no link to the old checklist. I have a paper copy of the old checklist if that helps...should you need me to look at it for you.
lns

witchileiz Oct 20th 2010 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8931411)
For clarification.....as long as your initial application was recieved by Sydney before 26th June you dont need to do a 3rd party IELTS test-unless you are not a native english speaker.
How frustrating to you that have no link to the old checklist. I have a paper copy of the old checklist if that helps...should you need me to look at it for you.
lns

Thanks for that LinsyPinsy - it makes sense, but it's just that when you get the email and try to follow the instructions = you start to get worried that you got it wrong/ start to double guess yourself!

I am going to follow the original instructions. I think like Kaye5 that I will include the travel doc part, but add a proof of English letter and make a note on the checklist re not needing the IELTS test.

I was even more concerned when I received not one but two 120 day emails! One sans- subject header - so was scared I may have got a newbie who sees the new checklist and denies my app!

Ahh I guess we need to just send it all off and leave it in the lap of the gods!

Great to have others going through the process at the same time, though. V. reassuring.:)

JT1 Oct 20th 2010 8:12 pm

Linsy - thanks for the clarification :) - now all I need is the darn email :rofl:

LinsyPinsy Oct 20th 2010 9:20 pm

Keeping my :fingerscrossed: for all of you.

One thing you can be sure of is that once this bit is over....you'll just start getting your knickers in a twist about the next bit!:eek:

LMBrian Oct 20th 2010 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8931845)
Keeping my :fingerscrossed: for all of you.

One thing you can be sure of is that once this bit is over....you'll just start getting your knickers in a twist about the next bit!:eek:

Just got the 120 day e-mail...............:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Sun Oct 21st 2010 2:50 am

Originally Posted by ali2010 (Post 8928921)

Hi Guys

I have luckily jump into 2nd stage with the receipt of my 120day email. It is not easy!!!

Oh! my language has changed to talking of submission of documents to CHC.

I wish other guys waiting for their 120day email speedy receipt.