British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

The Sun Oct 10th 2010 12:15 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by wasifd (Post 8908519)
I've got my 120 mail yesterday (09/10/2010). My application was received by CIO on 5th may.

It was in the gmail's inbox not in the spam folder.

I hope all of you waiting for the 120 mail will receive it soon.

Hello Wasifd,

Congrats on your 120day email received on even Saturday 09/10/2010. But kindly tell the forum when your payment was taken from your account and give information of your category of occupation in application sent to CIO NS.

Thanks.

wasifd Oct 10th 2010 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 8908659)
Congrats Friend! when was your card or payment debited? And if you don't mind telling from where you applied?

Thanks. My bank draft was cashed on 3rd August. My visa office is located at Singapore and I've applied from Bangladesh.

ali2010 Oct 10th 2010 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by wasifd (Post 8910020)
Thanks. My bank draft was cashed on 3rd August. My visa office is located at Singapore and I've applied from Bangladesh.

Congrats to you Wasifd. Wish you best of luck fur future processing.

My application was received on 30th April, & bank draft was cashed on 4th Aug and i haven't heard any news so far.

sudha Oct 10th 2010 10:03 pm

I think people who applied with London as the VO, are not getting the 1st AOR's. I have read on other forums where people from London VO are still waiting while other VO applicants have got their AOR's.

Probalby we will have to hang in there and hope it would be our turn soon.

dexter_pat Oct 10th 2010 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 8906964)
Hello Guys,

Any goodnews on 120 day email from anyone?

Thanks.

Hi The Sun,

I received my 120 day email on 7/10/10.

your timeline is the same as mine so shouldn't be long now.

App recd NS 10/05/2010, CC charged 06/08/2010, 120 email 07/10/10

Salmanizak Oct 10th 2010 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by dexter_pat (Post 8910740)
Hi The Sun,

Seems the August-dead lock is somehow over :thumbsup:
Please keep us posted as August-debited guys keep getting acknowledgements from CIO. I have two close friends, one was debited on the 17th Aug and the other on 21st Aug.

Best of Luck Guys!

The Sun Oct 10th 2010 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by dexter_pat (Post 8910740)
Hi The Sun,

I'm happy that something has started happening. Our prayer heard by GOD.

sdo1982 Oct 11th 2010 7:43 pm

9 Weeks today since payment and not a word :thumbdown:

humanist Oct 11th 2010 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 8910810)
I'm happy that something has started happening. Our prayer heard by GOD.

Didn't know there was a god of CIC, that's where I've been going wrong! Must build a shrine with a bunch of Canadian flags and make a sacrifice.

JT1 Oct 12th 2010 6:23 am

For those who have received the 120 day letter - how many of you had it delivered to your inbox as opposed to your junk folder?

I've just come to the horrible realisation that my junk folder was minimised, I opened it and nothing there, but it automatically deletes after 10 days. Feel like a stupid jerk now :(:unsure: So - the golden question "what happens if you don't see the email"? Any way of tracking ourselves without the email?

Thanks

Bucks_Family Oct 12th 2010 7:26 am

Ours came into the Inbox.

Bali2010 Oct 12th 2010 8:13 am

mine came to the inbox, but I had set up to recognise the email address so cannot say if it would have done without that.

garethnock Oct 12th 2010 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 8913974)
mine came to the inbox, but I had set up to recognise the email address so cannot say if it would have done without that.

Hi, what email address did it come from? how can I set up my account (hotmail) to recongnice an email ?? any ideas

Thanks

witchileiz Oct 12th 2010 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 8913999)
Hi, what email address did it come from? how can I set up my account (hotmail) to recongnice an email ?? any ideas

Thanks

Hi, re Hotmail: When in your inbox, go to 'Profile' (top right corner), then 'Privacy' settings (top centre), then 'Mail' (top left), then 'safe and blocked senders' under the junk heading, then 'safe senders' and add the email address.

I THINK this is the correct address: [email protected] - could someone please verify this, as I am copy typing as cannot cut and paste from the safe senders list on my hotmail?

garethnock Oct 13th 2010 12:13 am

Originally Posted by witchileiz (Post 8914776)
Hi, re Hotmail: When in your inbox, go to 'Profile' (top right corner), then 'Privacy' settings (top centre), then 'Mail' (top left), then 'safe and blocked senders' under the junk heading, then 'safe senders' and add the email address.

I THINK this is the correct address: [email protected] - could someone please verify this, as I am copy typing as cannot cut and paste from the safe senders list on my hotmail?

Thanks alot for the tips! hopefully my 5 x a day checking will pay off soon!! i see some people have been getting 120 emails on the same sort of timeline as me!! fingers and toes crossed!