British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

sdo1982 Jan 10th 2011 10:15 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Just using it as supporting evidence of my employment and role, ie. My salary shows im in a management role as per my job description. (I dont keep my pay slips)
Overkill I guess, but Im sending job description, letter from our HR dept, stuff from accounts, I just want to make sure they have everything they need, as my role is no longer on the list paranoia is setting in :D
If we hopefuly get as far as the medicals I dread to think what my blood pressure will be! :rofl:

Salmanizak Jan 10th 2011 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 9091959)
Just using it as supporting evidence of my employment and role, ie. My salary shows im in a management role as per my job description. (I dont keep my pay slips)
Overkill I guess, but Im sending job description, letter from our HR dept, stuff from accounts, I just want to make sure they have everything they need, as my role is no longer on the list paranoia is setting in :D
If we hopefuly get as far as the medicals I dread to think what my blood pressure will be! :rofl:

Overcautious - not bad I guess :thumbup: I also had to manage couple of out of routine items to satisfy my exact job roles; both current and past.

Regards!

CanadaJimmy Jan 10th 2011 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 9091959)
Just using it as supporting evidence of my employment and role, ie. My salary shows im in a management role as per my job description.

Thanks for clarifying, was curious if they'd asked for it, but thats fair enough. Certainly won't do any harm.

christmasoompa Jan 10th 2011 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 9092620)
Thanks for clarifying, was curious if they'd asked for it, but thats fair enough. Certainly won't do any harm.

Ditto! :)

wordlywise Jan 11th 2011 7:29 am

Excuse me everyone !

Has no one been called for an interview during the FSW file processing stage(IN Process stage) ??

IS it just me ?? :unsure: I just wanted some idea on how much time do they take to send you response after the interview has been done. Thats all !

Thanks in Advance !!

The Sun Jan 17th 2011 10:14 pm

Hello Funky Florist,

Please I can see on your timelime that your application has sailed through to passport request.
Congrats on your successful progress.

4rm The Sun.

The Sun Jan 17th 2011 10:23 pm

Hello Funky Florist,

Please I can see on your timelime on the forum page 144 that your application has sailed through to passport request. Why do you have to deliver another/new Police Certificate to the CHC? Was the previous Police certificate over twelve months as at the date of your medical request?

Please, just let us know how far so that we can be prepared as well in case. Though I have been preparing to get another police certificate once mine is about 10 months and my application process not completed.

Congrats on your successful progress.

4rm The Sun.

Funky Florist Jan 17th 2011 11:06 pm

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, I think police certificates are only valid for a certain period of time (six months or three months from memory). I believe that because we obtained ours early in the process, they probably just wanted to get updated ones to ensure we'd been behaving ourselves!

I don't know if the CHC always ask for updated certificates, so I can't really give you a definitive answer. My only knowledge of the process is what we've had to do, and what I've read on this website. Sorry not to be more helpful. All the best with your application.

Waggle Jan 18th 2011 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Funky Florist (Post 9110172)
As far as I know, and I could be wrong, I think police certificates are only valid for a certain period of time (six months or three months from memory). I believe that because we obtained ours early in the process, they probably just wanted to get updated ones to ensure we'd been behaving ourselves!

I don't know if the CHC always ask for updated certificates, so I can't really give you a definitive answer. My only knowledge of the process is what we've had to do, and what I've read on this website. Sorry not to be more helpful. All the best with your application.

Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months. But they can be no older than 3 months when CIC (either CIO in Sydney or CHC visa office whichever they were sent to) first receive them.

So my guess is that CHC will only ask for updated police certificates if they move past the 12 months validity before they make their final decision.

Wayne.

The Sun Jan 30th 2011 2:47 am

Hi guys,

Has anyone received acknowledgement of receipt of recent?

Pls update!!!

jamie677 Jan 30th 2011 4:58 am

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 9139396)
Hi guys,

Pls update!!!

Hi we have still not received anything,just waiting now:)

kat-b Jan 30th 2011 5:42 am

Originally Posted by jamie677 (Post 9139608)
Hi we have still not received anything,just waiting now:)

Nope nor have I, still waiting :-(

Kaye5 Jan 30th 2011 6:23 am

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 9139396)
Hi guys,

Pls update!!!

Nope, but then seeing as you haven't had AOR and you put your docs in during November and the other 2 posters put theirs in during September, I wouldn't expect us to have.

Must admit, all very worrying that not even AORs are coming out of London. We were hoping to have the decision by this summer - looks like we may not even have AOR by then.

4 months and not even AOR? Has anyone with this timeline had any correspondence with London and if so what was the response?

LinsyPinsy Jan 30th 2011 6:30 am

The recent timelines are just SO different to this time last year, where we got out AOR within 10 days.
It is very frustrating waiting for the update...any update, but it will happen, just not as quick as we thought I think.

Good luck to you all awaiting AOR. :fingerscrossed:

Lns

jobop Jan 30th 2011 8:56 pm

As you can see by my timeline I hand delivered my full app to London on 8th October 2010 - still no AOR as yet so I sent a case specific email just before Christmas got a reply back a couple of weeks later that said they had it and it was awaiting review by an officer - so no idea if I will get an AOR or not??

Someone else on here, sorry can not remember who off hand, sent there docs off to London the begining of September and got AOR on 13th Jan - so there is still hope for us yet? Going by there timeline that may mean I could possible get an AOR by 2nd week in Feb??????

Who knows as no one is really on the same timeline and like I said I may never get an AOR? Am going to give it a full 8 months now until I contact them again if I hear nothing - AOR or medicals next who knows? :fingerscrossed:

The wait continues...