British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Glam Feb 8th 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Received our A.O.R a couple of weeks ago and with it a file number. I have checked this file number on the cic web site only for it to say:

'Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 24, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on September 1, 2009. The London England office may contact you.'

When do i find out if they are actually processing the application??? does the status change on the cic web site?? is there a section to check your application on the London (uk) web site??

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

Martin99 Feb 8th 2010 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8323353)
NOWT :eek:

Been away adventure training for a few days so my minds been elsewhere instead of in Cloud Cuckoo Canajun Land lol

But missed all you wonderful Forumarians :thumbup:

Welcome back!

It cannot be long now for you. With you being absent from the tread for a while, I was beginning to worry that you were throwing in the towel. Glad you are not.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Feb 8th 2010 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8323370)
Received our A.O.R a couple of weeks ago and with it a file number. I have checked this file number on the cic web site only for it to say:

'Permanent Residence

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 24, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on September 1, 2009. The London England office may contact you.'

When do i find out if they are actually processing the application??? does the status change on the cic web site?? is there a section to check your application on the London (uk) web site??

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

Gav

Keep watching ECAS for it to say "In process". Then get excited!!!

Cheers

Martin

joinerboy Feb 8th 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Glam
Back when received my AOR , 'processing started' 4 weeks after and I then received my medical request about 8 week after processing started.
Take this and others timelines as a rough guide only as not all visa applications are
processed at the speed and depend on the applicants background history etc etc.
Hope thus helps

regards
Joinerboy

Originally Posted by Glam (Post 8323370)

'Permanent Residence

Yours impatiently,

Gav.

Martin99 Feb 8th 2010 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8323453)
Hi Glam
Back when received my AOR , 'processing started' 4 weeks after and I then received my medical request about 8 week after processing started.
Take this and others timelines as a rough guide only as not all visa applications
processed at the speed and depend on the applicants background history etc etc.
Hope thus helps

regards
Joinerboy

JB

Have you planned your landing trip yet? I cannot remember.

Cheers

Martin

joinerboy Feb 8th 2010 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8323483)
JB

Have you planned your landing trip yet? I cannot remember.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin
Yes we have our 'landing' flights booked for April with Canadian Affair , our plan is to locate to the BC/Alberta border area within easy reach of America.
Already have had some positive feedback from potential employers once they know you will have 'landed' status when you arrive its seems to be an advantage.
What about you what are your plans ?

Martin99 Feb 8th 2010 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8323833)
Hi Martin
Yes we have our 'landing' flights booked for April with Canadian Affair , our plan is to locate to the BC/Alberta border area within easy reach of America.
Already have had some positive feedback from potential employers once they know you will have 'landed' status when you arrive its seems to be an advantage.
What about you what are your plans ?

That sounds promising on the job front, JB. Have you been telephoning the firms or emailing them?

We are going to land in Vancouver in the summer. Flights are booked. Still not decided whether to set up another firm of my own or to apply for jobs. I am hoping the summer visit will help me decide.

Cheers

Martin

joinerboy Feb 8th 2010 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8324076)
That sounds promising on the job front, JB. Have you been telephoning the firms or emailing them?

We are going to land in Vancouver in the summer. Flights are booked. Still not decided whether to set up another firm of my own or to apply for jobs. I am hoping the summer visit will help me decide.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin
In the main its been via email followed by a telephone call when i've had a reply,also the last time i was in Alberta and BC for a 10 day visit last year i received 2 other offers of employment but as this was before i'd secured my PR so couldn't really act on these offers. I most say from what i experienced in general Canadian employers seem to favour the face to face approach.
Like you i'm still undecided on weather to take employment with a company which would allow me to integrate in to the canadian system or set up my own business, i've been self-employed or contracting most of my working life so this would be my preferred option.

Gaz67 Feb 9th 2010 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8323402)
Welcome back!

It cannot be long now for you. With you being absent from the tread for a while, I was beginning to worry that you were throwing in the towel. Glad you are not.

Cheers

Martin

Finally got onto Ecas at midnight and not good news we got a decision made :(

Before having med requests so seems like a refusal for us im guessing points...

Will have to wait for a letter to arrive and see why and if i think theres something we missed off and wether we can submit any more evidence

My Ecas is this

We received your application for permanent residence on June 2, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 6, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 11, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 3, 2010.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

so its looking like PlanB needs to come into action

A very disappointed Gaz :cry_smile:

purple80 Feb 9th 2010 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8324886)

Will have to wait for a letter to arrive and see why and if i think theres something we missed off and wether we can submit any more evidence

Hope you get it sorted Gaz, try and stay positive.....Like you have said you suspect the decision, but you don't know why.

Good luck
Charlie

joinerboy Feb 9th 2010 5:53 am

Hi Gaz67
I'm sorry to hear your news try stay positive and let's hope as one doors shuts another one opens. If it's based on points may be securing a job offer would be a good plan B
All the best what ever your decision

My Ecas is this

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 6, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 11, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Gaz67 Feb 9th 2010 8:12 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 8325480)
Hi Gaz67
I'm sorry to hear your news try stay positive and let's hope as one doors shuts another one opens. If it's based on points may be securing a job offer would be a good plan B
All the best what ever your decision

Thanx Guys, a bit gutted indeed ... hence i always had that Plan B ... go for Job Offer Option in my mind...

I was always worried about the Points from day one being borderline, we were going positive PR or not

So we will wait for letter (hope this comes quickly) see if we can contest or improve our points in anyway

In the meantime will be sorting out a day we will go , booking flights and going to visit for 6 months and both apply for LMO once there.

The only thing i was worried about going that route was daughters education which I am now happy she will be eligible whilst we are visitors.

If theres anyone on here can help with LMO Kamloops/Kelowna area in the catering/conference sector would be nice.

I have had job offers from nice peeps on here but this was with landing as PR.

In HINDSIGHT "This might have been better being Plan A" lol

Thanks to everyone on here for all your help, I will continue to hang around because if anything Ive enjoyed the posts.

Good luck to everyone else :thumbsup:

Gaz

Martin99 Feb 9th 2010 8:20 am

My Ecas is this

Gaz

That is very disappointing. Please share the letter with us when it comes just in case there are any ideas to share with you.

Best wishes

Martin

Gaz67 Feb 9th 2010 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8325740)
Gaz

That is very disappointing. Please share the letter with us when it comes just in case there are any ideas to share with you.

Best wishes

Martin

Cheers Martin :)

Will post the details of the letter when it arrives in October lmao

Gaz

Kaye. Feb 9th 2010 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8325856)
Cheers Martin :)

Will post the details of the letter when it arrives in October lmao

Gaz

Gaz, gutted for you :( Haven't seen you on fb for a while, hows the house sale going - any viewers? Hope you manage to get out to BC this year as planned. :fingerscrossed: for you.