British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Bibendum Nov 5th 2009 11:13 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 8070731)
I have been struggling to add mine too !!!! Put this on to test and and I see it there now - Durgh!

mmm wondering why my signature isnt showing up, its supposed to be there. does it have to be on one line?

Martin99 Nov 5th 2009 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bibendum (Post 8073007)
mmm wondering why my signature isnt showing up, its supposed to be there. does it have to be on one line?

It's there now!!:thumbsup:

bozonightmare Nov 6th 2009 9:04 pm

Just to keep people aware of timelines, got a request for a medical today finally!
Timeline is

Posted to Sydney 21/01/09
Posted Application to London 08/04/09
Received letter saying info was missing from application 11/07/09
Handed in missing info at Canadian Embassy London 28/07/09
Received request for medical 06/11/09

Moral of the story I think is, DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING REQUIRED! It will definitely hold you up. It did me.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting, I know it's painful, hang in there.

Bozo

Martin99 Nov 7th 2009 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by bozonightmare (Post 8077272)
Just to keep people aware of timelines, got a request for a medical today finally!
Timeline is

Posted to Sydney 21/01/09
Posted Application to London 08/04/09
Received letter saying info was missing from application 11/07/09
Handed in missing info at Canadian Embassy London 28/07/09
Received request for medical 06/11/09

Moral of the story I think is, DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING REQUIRED! It will definitely hold you up. It did me.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting, I know it's painful, hang in there.

Bozo

Out of interest, can you share what missing item held up your application?

Cheers

Martin

bozonightmare Nov 7th 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah, job description, university degree transcript, and photos which I'd already sent to Sydney but there you go.

Martin99 Nov 7th 2009 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by bozonightmare (Post 8079107)
Yeah, job description, university degree transcript, and photos which I'd already sent to Sydney but there you go.

You might think that Sydney would have forwarded these!:confused:

Edo Nov 7th 2009 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by bozonightmare (Post 8079107)

No one sends these docs to Sydney with initial application. I wish people take more care while preparing their paperwork so the immigration officials can quickly decide upon cases and move on to next ones :eek:

bozonightmare Nov 7th 2009 5:49 pm

I think I've been misunderstood, it was only the photos which I'd already sent to Sydney, the other two I missed completely!

They don't call me Bozo for nothing!

Bozo

burton bunch Nov 7th 2009 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Edo (Post 8079377)
No one sends these docs to Sydney with initial application. I wish people take more care while preparing their paperwork so the immigration officials can quickly decide upon cases and move on to next ones :eek:

I sent all of my docs to sydney first off - reason being no one seemed to know if that was going to expedite the process. I did it as a test for the rest of the guys on here just so we would know as I already had all of these docs ready to go anyway

LinsyPinsy Nov 8th 2009 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 8070731)
I have been struggling to add mine too !!!! Put this on to test and and I see it there now - Durgh!

You have to be a member for 48hrs and have posted 3 posts before your signature will appear...apparently.
lnsy

LinsyPinsy Nov 8th 2009 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 8070701)
Ours was recieved on 1st Oct, while I was in the bank yesterday I thought I would ask if the draft had been cashed - I knew in my heart of hearts what the answer would be but though I would ask and guess what - it hadnt. I dont think we will hear until the new year my self.

Hi Miss Clinique,
Were on almost the same timeline.
We sent our docs to CIC on 12th Sept 2009 and were recieved 10 days later. Heard nothing yet...hubby going tro check if draft cashed yet.
Keep in touch and let us know if anything exciting happens
lns

burton bunch Nov 9th 2009 4:08 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8082128)
Hi Miss Clinique,
We sent our docs to CIC on 12th Sept 2009 and were recieved 10 days later. Heard nothing yet...hubby going tro check if draft cashed yet.
lns

Hi Ins

Mine arrived in the UK Sept 5th and ECAS updated as received and file pending November 2nd

Miss Clinique Nov 9th 2009 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8082128)
Hi Miss Clinique,
lns

Let me know if it has been cashed, we shouldnt be far behind you. Nail biting stuff isnt it? and we have only just started!! What will we be like by the time we get to the CIC London stage - alcholic and we will fail the medical :rofl:

burton bunch Nov 9th 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8082987)
Hi Ins

Mine arrived in the UK Sept 5th and ECAS updated as received and file pending November 2nd

Mines being processed already at London :eek: wonder how long for Meds :confused: TWP runs out Feb 4th 2010 no hope of LMO :( will I make it :unsure:

lancashirebird Nov 9th 2009 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 8084565)
Mines being processed already at London :eek: wonder how long for Meds :confused: TWP runs out Feb 4th 2010 no hope of LMO :( will I make it :unsure:

No but there is a way, so don't worry..............
I start the process today, just sent ours off to NS :eek::eek: