British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

kamshaft May 26th 2010 9:15 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by livylegs (Post 8592186)
hey guys,

we recieved our AOR email today so really happy good luck with everyone waiting on theres hope they here soon:thumbup:

hope you dont mind me asking but how long did you have to wait?

LinsyPinsy May 26th 2010 9:18 pm

hey guys,

we recieved our AOR email today so really happy good luck with everyone waiting on theres hope they here soon:thumbup:

Woooooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lns

livylegs May 26th 2010 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by kamshaft (Post 8592212)
hope you dont mind me asking but how long did you have to wait?

hey kam.

no i dont mind:D

its been 79 days since they received our application and 39 days since our CC was debited.xx

livylegs May 26th 2010 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8592219)
Woooooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lns

thanks lins for the wooohooo thats what we did aswell when it came into inbox lol

fridgedesign May 27th 2010 1:07 am

I sent all my stuff to London on the 11th May which arrived there on the 12th May and as yet still haven't heard anything.

I have been looking and most people who are on this site have been given their AOR numbers in around 10 days...

Its now the 26th May, should I be worried?? :confused:

Martin99 May 27th 2010 7:32 am

Originally Posted by fridgedesign (Post 8592539)
I sent all my stuff to London on the 11th May which arrived there on the 12th May and as yet still haven't heard anything.

I have been looking and most people who are on this site have been given their AOR numbers in around 10 days...

Its now the 26th May, should I be worried?? :confused:

Don't worry. It can take up to several weeks depending on how busy they are.

Good luck

Martin

shazza69 May 27th 2010 7:51 am

oh how exciting im waiting for mine too. good luck xx:thumbup:

diablorouge May 27th 2010 9:35 am

hey guys,

Congratulations to you, a few drinks to celebrate this weekend no doubt?;)

Keep us all posted on the rest of your progress please.

Midge

Miss Clinique May 27th 2010 11:15 am

hey guys,

So pleased for you:). Told you I was paranoid, but I was a little worried for you a couple of weeks ago.

Silverdragon102 May 27th 2010 10:06 pm

Typical, email from Sydney re application we sent in Jan and expired credit card. Not sure why the delay but faxed them back straight away with new expiry date plus little note saying we resent application in April cos we thought Jan application had gone missing :thumbdown:

Bali2010 May 27th 2010 11:18 pm

hey guys,

That is great news - when did you send it to London?
:)

livylegs May 27th 2010 11:57 pm

Hiya guys:D

thanks very much
we WERE buzzing yesterday and today till my stupid OH decides to tell me when doing police checks that he forgot he had been convicted of breach of the peace 15 yrs ago over and received a fine and was bound over for 6 months!
these were his boy racer days and as it was so long ago and conviction so small he didnt think its relevant?? (what a plonker eh)
but the worst is I ticked the no convictions box on our applications as I had no idea about this :(
so our celebrations are probs gonna be short lived unless a nice IO accepts a letter telling them how sorry we are and it really is a genuine mistake and hes been a law abiding citizen ever since etc but am not holding out much hope!
the company thats gave him a job offer has done a LMO aswell and waiting for the result of that so now we feel hes been messed around aswell
aww what a nightmare eh
we now feel we dont know what to do for the best?
any advice would be appreciated!
thanks all and good luck all folks

oh we sent application off on the 9th of march

asitoja May 28th 2010 12:11 am

Originally Posted by livylegs (Post 8592239)
hey kam.

no i dont mind:D

its been 79 days since they received our application and 39 days since our CC was debited.xx

Hi Livilegs! May I ask is that from the date that your application was sent or fro0m the date it was received in sydney?

livylegs May 28th 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8594784)
Hi Livilegs! May I ask is that from the date that your application was sent or fro0m the date it was received in sydney?

hey asitoja,

we worked out from the time they received it:)

Martin99 May 28th 2010 9:05 am

Originally Posted by livylegs (Post 8594748)
Hiya guys:D

thanks very much
we WERE buzzing yesterday and today till my stupid OH decides to tell me when doing police checks that he forgot he had been convicted of breach of the peace 15 yrs ago over and received a fine and was bound over for 6 months!
these were his boy racer days and as it was so long ago and conviction so small he didnt think its relevant?? (what a plonker eh)
but the worst is I ticked the no convictions box on our applications as I had no idea about this :(
so our celebrations are probs gonna be short lived unless a nice IO accepts a letter telling them how sorry we are and it really is a genuine mistake and hes been a law abiding citizen ever since etc but am not holding out much hope!
the company thats gave him a job offer has done a LMO aswell and waiting for the result of that so now we feel hes been messed around aswell
aww what a nightmare eh
we now feel we dont know what to do for the best?
any advice would be appreciated!
thanks all and good luck all folks

oh we sent application off on the 9th of march

If it were me then I would write a covering letter with the pack you send to CHC London explaining your oversight. It may show up on the police report in any event. The last thing you want is to have CIC find this out for themselves when they do their own background checks as that could spell disaster for you.

Good luck

Martin