British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Gaz67 May 20th 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 8578634)
Wow, good news Gaz. What do you do for work?

Im in the catering/conference sector , back in UK (got to stop saying back home) I worked as a Functions Manager for Liverpool Uni and I was also a Chef in the reserve army.

Cheers
Gaz

rubberduckofdeath May 20th 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8578645)
Im in the catering/conference sector , back in UK (got to stop saying back home) I worked as a Functions Manager for Liverpool Uni and I was also a Chef in the reserve army.

Cheers
Gaz

Cool, congratulations - you must be chuffed :)

Gaz67 May 20th 2010 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 8578648)
Cool, congratulations - you must be chuffed :)

Its always a relief to find work but more so after the immigration process and everythings up in the air, unless you secured a job before landing :blink:

I sent lots of resumes off and got a few offers but best method ive found is taking my resume direct to potential employers so they get to see you!! The last job i got offered was before the guy had read my resume , he had only shaken my hand and listened to my blurb , which he must have liked!! :eek:

Gaz

rubberduckofdeath May 20th 2010 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8578658)
Its always a relief to find work but more so after the immigration process and everythings up in the air, unless you secured a job before landing :blink:

I sent lots of resumes off and got a few offers but best method ive found is taking my resume direct to potential employers so they get to see you!! The last job i got offered was before the guy had read my resume , he had only shaken my hand and listened to my blurb , which he must have liked!! :eek:

Gaz

Definitely very different to the UK then! :)

If everything goes okay and I get PR with the fiancee, we'll start looking for work on more trips over.

Hard work will hopefully pay off!

Congrat's, again!

Martin99 May 20th 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Wags18uk (Post 8578375)
Hi Guys,

Haven't posted for a little while but thought I'd update you all.

Well the house is on the market and we've had a couple of offers but not near enough to what we want. We've got our PR cards (posted to us in the UK by our friends in Canada). Had a quote for shipping from Anglo Pacific for about 3.5-4k depending on whether we share a container or not.

We were looking at heading out in August/September for the big move but unfortunately I've just been made redundant today so I guess the plans are all up in the air now until we work out what's goign on.

Anyway, good luck to all of those that are waiting, just be patient, your time will come.

Cheers

Mark

Sorry to hear the news about your job. Look at it this way - you were going to pack it in anyway. Now you can have a proper summer break. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the house sale.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 May 20th 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8578645)

Cheers
Gaz

Well done on the job front, Gaz. Very encouraging for us all to read.

Cheers

Martin

asitoja May 21st 2010 3:17 am

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8572837)
Hi All
Sent our applications on 24th March 2010, still haven't had our credit card debited:(
Haven't been on the forum for quite a while now as life stuff has been keeping me busy. Wife and I have just returned from our recce trip to BC and absolutely loved it. The only trouble is we will be so much more disappointed if we don't get in. We based ourselves in Vancouver but looked at other places and particularly liked Kamloops, my wife had a very succesful series of meetings with staff at the university there, and her job prospects are excellent. I also had a job related meeting which was also very promising.
We are now in the queue at least but I've never been very patient.
Hope things go well for all of us currently undergoing the process:fingerscrossed:
I'll definitely be taking more notice of this thread from now on!

DiabloRouge

hI! We're almost on the same timeline, sent mine on March 23, CC was charged on April 21, but I'm still waiting for the 120 days email notice up to this date. Should you get any updates on your application, please keep posting it. tnx..

asitoja May 21st 2010 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Mireille961 (Post 8576009)
I sent a follow-up email to CIC on the 13th of May, still no response. How much time do they usually take to answer?:sad_smile:

Hi! What's the email add of CIC, I also like to check my application status. Thanks

PMM May 21st 2010 3:57 am

Hi

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8580041)
Hi! What's the email add of CIC, I also like to check my application status. Thanks

CIO Sydney doesn't have an email address that is answered.

diablorouge May 21st 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by asitoja (Post 8580031)
hI! We're almost on the same timeline, sent mine on March 23, CC was charged on April 21, but I'm still waiting for the 120 days email notice up to this date. Should you get any updates on your application, please keep posting it. tnx..

Hi Asitoja
Good news that your CC has been charged, not sure about ours yet as we have yet to receive the bill for that period, it's due any day so fingers firmly crossed that all is well.
Will certainly keep posting as I find this thread very helpful. Hope you get your 120 day mail very soon.

asitoja May 21st 2010 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8580462)
Hi Asitoja
Good news that your CC has been charged, not sure about ours yet as we have yet to receive the bill for that period, it's due any day so fingers firmly crossed that all is well.
Will certainly keep posting as I find this thread very helpful. Hope you get your 120 day mail very soon.

you know you can call your CC company to check if it was charged already you don't have to wait for the bill to come, that's what i did

LinsyPinsy May 21st 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8578622)
Hi Lins, Weathers been abfab which has made settling in easier. Spent 7 days relaxing and taking little trips round town and parks getting climatised

Been looking at jobs and houses, had 4 job offers this week so good stuff.
Hope you guys are missing me, i have limited internet time, staying in my uncles , no wireless and dont like hogging their pc lol OH plus ive been waiting for O2 to unlock my Iphone so i can use it with a local cell company

Hope alls well with yourself and everyone else!!

:thumbsup:

Gaz

Ooooohhh....listen to you Mr Canadian, calling your mobile supplier your 'cell' company.
Have you got the accent yet? Hahaha.:thumbsup:
very jealous
lns

heading-west May 22nd 2010 1:20 am

Hi everyone ;)
We just checked our CC statement which arrived today and CIO Sydney have taken our processing fees out on 12th May. we sent application off to Sydney on 27th March 2010.
We are very excited!

We've already received our police checks through the post and are lining up the rest of our docs ready to send when the 120 email comes.

fingers crossed here :fingerscrossed:

I notice some others here are on a similar timeline, :fingerscrossed: to everyone

diablorouge May 22nd 2010 8:52 am

CC Bill is due on Tuesday so we will wait nervously, got to have some excitement in life eh? ;)
As for the police check thing we have to get checks from Germany and Cyprus as well as here in the UK which is a bit of a pain but hopefully they will react quickly to our requests.

Keep us posted when you get the 120 day mail, fingers crossed for you:fingerscrossed:

heading-west May 22nd 2010 10:04 am

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 8582406)
CC Bill is due on Tuesday so we will wait nervously, got to have some excitement in life eh? ;)
As for the police check thing we have to get checks from Germany and Cyprus as well as here in the UK which is a bit of a pain but hopefully they will react quickly to our requests.

Keep us posted when you get the 120 day mail, fingers crossed for you:fingerscrossed:

thanks diablorouge ;)
we are thankful that we only had to get UK police checks for our application, fingers crossed yours come back quickly ;) our UK ones were back in 10 days