British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Alphawolf Oct 12th 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8008170)
Just wandering where abouts everyone is moving to in Canada , for ourselves its gonna be Kamloops :)

We're heading for Lethbridge AB, hopefully, all depends on CIC now, still waiting to be processed!! :frown:

purple80 Oct 14th 2009 10:09 pm

Hi all,
Medical requests have arrived dated the 6th October, also asking for RPRF fee, and proof of sufficient settlement funds which has me a little stumped, I thought AEO and currently working in Canada negated this?

Thoughts?

Charlie

EVA3695 Oct 15th 2009 1:50 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8017069)
Hi all,
Medical requests have arrived dated the 6th October, also asking for RPRF fee, and proof of sufficient settlement funds which has me a little stumped, I thought AEO and currently working in Canada negated this?

Thoughts?

Charlie

Just seen your status on FB.....
We were asked for RPRF with the med requests but not proof of funds?!
Not sure why that has been asked for. I agree with your thoughts on being here already and already working in Canada..who knows what goes through the minds of Immigration.! Get those meds booked. We are booked in for next Monday...could have been sooner but these bloody after school activities got in the way!

Martin99 Oct 15th 2009 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Thoughts?

Charlie

That was quick. Congratulations!

Still waiting for my file to begin processing. Looks like they are making rapid progress now the holidays are over.

Cheers

Martin

chanceUK Oct 15th 2009 1:57 pm

i'm still waiting for my AOR.

ECAS still says sydney eligibility review complete.

I hand delivered my documents to london on September 1st.

Martin99 Oct 15th 2009 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 8018801)
i'm still waiting for my AOR.

ECAS still says sydney eligibility review complete.

I hand delivered my documents to london on September 1st.

My guess is that you will receive your AOR email next week.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Oct 15th 2009 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 8017452)
Just seen your status on FB.....
We were asked for RPRF with the med requests but not proof of funds?!
Not sure why that has been asked for. I agree with your thoughts on being here already and already working in Canada..who knows what goes through the minds of Immigration.! Get those meds booked. We are booked in for next Monday...could have been sooner but these bloody after school activities got in the way!

We're booked in for the day after you....20th October!

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8018734)
That was quick. Congratulations!

Still waiting for my file to begin processing. Looks like they are making rapid progress now the holidays are over.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 7:44 am

Hi!!

I'm newbie here.I have sent our FSW application to Sydney yesterday 16/10/09.

Any help where I could get the list of Requirements when it's about time for me to submit the full application. Any idea please...so that I can prepare in advance the required documents while waiting for the 120 day letter.

Appreciate any reply.

All the best for us.

Gem

Martin99 Oct 16th 2009 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ndpadin (Post 8020791)
Hi!!

I'm newbie here.I have sent our FSW application to Sydney yesterday 16/10/09.

Any help where I could get the list of Requirements when it's about time for me to submit the full application. Any idea please...so that I can prepare in advance the required documents while waiting for the 120 day letter.

Appreciate any reply.

All the best for us.

Gem

You need to check the list of requirements of the local visa office, to which you will submit your file (usually London for users on this forum). These can be found on the CIC website.

Cheers

Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 8:50 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply..:thumbsup:

All the best,
Gem

Martin99 Oct 16th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by ndpadin (Post 8020915)
Many thanks for your prompt reply..:thumbsup:

All the best,
Gem

No problem. Here is a link to the London Visa Office forms requirement:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Cheers

Martin

ndpadin Oct 16th 2009 9:46 am

Appreciated very much, though I'm from Manila Philippines working here in Vietnam.

I have already checked the Visa office in Manila and found the information I will be needing.

Many thanks again for your support. Without this thread I don't know where to ask my query and further clarification.

Cheers,
Gem:thumbsup:

lpn Oct 16th 2009 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Thoughts?

Charlie

did they gave a deadline for the proof of sufficient settlement funds? when will the visa office need it? good luck

purple80 Oct 16th 2009 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lpn (Post 8021612)
did they gave a deadline for the proof of sufficient settlement funds? when will the visa office need it? good luck

Why? Have already checked into it and we do not need to do this as we are employed in Canada.... Will send letter explaining this. Letter states 90 days. 60 days to have the medicals done.

Eager2bBC Oct 17th 2009 12:38 am

Just a quick question - is there a reason everyone seems to hand deliver their forms to CIC in London? Is post that unreliable or is it more of a 2 birds with one stone thing?