British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

joinerboy Sep 28th 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7972240)
I wonder how long it takes for ECAS to change status?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin99
I understand ecas normally updates ( if owt to update ) every Tuesday, refusal can come during the 'reviewed and processing started' period as i understand this has happened to other memebers of the forum who were expecting a medical request after already receiving a 120 day letter followed by an AOR only to receive a refusal letter ( less than 67 points ). This must be a really hard pill to swallow then there's the loss of application fee. Hope you guys receive positive news very soon just hang on in there .
All the best .
regards
Joinerboy:)

Martin99 Sep 29th 2009 8:19 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7972280)
Hi Martin99
I understand ecas normally updates ( if owt to update ) every Tuesday, refusal can come during the 'reviewed and processing started' period as i understand this has happened to other memebers of the forum who were expecting a medical request after already receiving a 120 day letter followed by an AOR only to receive a refusal letter ( less than 67 points ). This must be a really hard pill to swallow then there's the loss of application fee. Hope you guys receive positive news very soon just hang on in there .
All the best .
regards
Joinerboy:)

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Martin

readytomove Sep 29th 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
We just sent our application forms back to Sydney today after having them returned as incomplete. Sent them royal mail signed for international delivery. I really hope they make it and don't just end up on the floor of the Dartford sorting office :fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Sep 29th 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by readytomove (Post 7975013)
We just sent our application forms back to Sydney today after having them returned as incomplete. Sent them royal mail signed for international delivery. I really hope they make it and don't just end up on the floor of the Dartford sorting office :fingerscrossed:

Same thing happened to many of us on this thread. They seem to return the forms for the slightest of reasons.

No doubt you will track the delivery. Do remember that you can track your envelope in Canada via Canada Post on: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf?LOCALE=en

Good luck!

Cheers

Martin

Brunti Oct 2nd 2009 4:59 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Has anyone recently received their acknowledgement e mail from Sydney? If so, can they give their timeline please?

Our FSW application was received and signed for in Sydney on 24th July yet our draft has still not been cashed and still not heard anything from them.

Either they are now way behind because of the summer or our appn has joined the many others and got lost - even though it was received and signed for!

Martin99 Oct 2nd 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 7982690)
Has anyone recently received their acknowledgement e mail from Sydney? If so, can they give their timeline please?

Our FSW application was received and signed for in Sydney on 24th July yet our draft has still not been cashed and still not heard anything from them.

Either they are now way behind because of the summer or our appn has joined the many others and got lost - even though it was received and signed for!

As you will see from the timeline in my signature, you have nothing to worry about. Cashing my draft took many weeks, too.

Cheers

Martin

Miss Clinique Oct 2nd 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Our 's went off at the beginning of this week. The UPS tracker says it was delivered and signed for yesterday at 11.22am - so now the waiting starts.

Martin99 Oct 2nd 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 7983695)
Our 's went off at the beginning of this week. The UPS tracker says it was delivered and signed for yesterday at 11.22am - so now the waiting starts.

Fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Miss Clinique Oct 2nd 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
What is the 120 day letter /email?

More silly questions:o

humanist Oct 2nd 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by readytomove (Post 7975013)
We just sent our application forms back to Sydney today after having them returned as incomplete. Sent them royal mail signed for international delivery. I really hope they make it and don't just end up on the floor of the Dartford sorting office :fingerscrossed:

What was missing?

Martin99 Oct 3rd 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 7984061)
What is the 120 day letter /email?

More silly questions:o

It is the formal notice from CIO confirming that on an initial review you appear to meet the eligibility criteria for PR. It requests the applicant to send full supporting documentation to the local visa office (CHC London for many on this forum) within 120 days.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Oct 5th 2009 11:33 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7964824)
Hi Martin,
Great news, are you in Canada or the UK? If your in the UK it will be interesting to see the differences time line wise from this point.

Do you have any idea what form the confirmation takes? I mean are we waiting on an email or a letter, and I suppose just getting med requests could be classed as confirmation? Just checked ECAS, no change..........

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Any change on your ECAS record yet?

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Oct 5th 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7990219)
Hi Charlie
Any change on your ECAS record yet?
Cheers

Martin

Hi,
Just checked Ecas nothing has changed, grrr.
Charlie

Martin99 Oct 5th 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7990326)
Hi,
Just checked Ecas nothing has changed, grrr.
Charlie

Thanks. No change at my end, either.

Cheers

Martin

Miss Clinique Oct 5th 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
How long should I wait before I start calling the bank to see if the bankers order has been cashed? after the app has been recieved by NS

Patience is not my strong point.:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:12 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.