British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

samjr400 Sep 24th 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 7962199)
I have!!!

We have had huge problems with CIU. Still had no written confirmation. Original application sent in Feb, they lost it we sent again, they started processing both applications. Managed to speak to someone who verbally said it was ok and written confirmation was coming, this was August and we are still waiting!! However we remain positive and will not be beaten!!!!! We have found a problem in that if you apply from the UK we cannot contact them by phone or email properly:eek:

Bali2010 Sep 24th 2009 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7961633)
Bali,
The number supplied by Sydney is a 1-888 number which is freephone from Canada, but does not work at all if you try it from England.

She would gladly pay to ring them if they gave their charging phone number, which is not available on any sites that I can find. She spends enough time on the phone to me, a call to the other side of the province would make no difference!!!

Thanks, but that is wierd. Is it the same from an internet or mobile phone?

Bali

PMM Sep 24th 2009 10:12 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7961633)
Bali,
The number supplied by Sydney is a 1-888 number which is freephone from Canada, but does not work at all if you try it from England.

She would gladly pay to ring them if they gave their charging phone number, which is not available on any sites that I can find. She spends enough time on the phone to me, a call to the other side of the province would make no difference!!!

Sydney doesn't have a public access number, 1-888-242-2100 is the Call Centre which is in Montreal.

Martin99 Sep 25th 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7944095)
Hi Martin,
AOR arrived today, dated 9/9/09............Now got to wait for medical requests, which could be months and months away.

Hope yours arrives soon!

Charlie

Hi Charlie

My AOR from CHC London arrived yesterday!! We are on virtually the same timeline. The wording of the AOR was identical to yours. Fingers crossed that it will not be a too long before we have confirmation that we are eligible.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Sep 25th 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 7962221)
We have had huge problems with CIU. Still had no written confirmation. Original application sent in Feb, they lost it we sent again, they started processing both applications. Managed to speak to someone who verbally said it was ok and written confirmation was coming, this was August and we are still waiting!! However we remain positive and will not be beaten!!!!! We have found a problem in that if you apply from the UK we cannot contact them by phone or email properly:eek:

What a dreadful experience! Yours does seem to be an unusual timeline. Let us know when you eventually hear from them. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Sep 25th 2009 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7963835)
Hi Charlie

My AOR from CHC London arrived yesterday!! We are on virtually the same timeline. The wording of the AOR was identical to yours. Fingers crossed that it will not be a too long before we have confirmation that we are eligible.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,
Great news, are you in Canada or the UK? If your in the UK it will be interesting to see the differences time line wise from this point.

Do you have any idea what form the confirmation takes? I mean are we waiting on an email or a letter, and I suppose just getting med requests could be classed as confirmation? Just checked ECAS, no change..........

Charlie

burton bunch Sep 25th 2009 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7964824)
Just checked ECAS, no change..........

Charlie

Same here :(

EVA3695 Sep 25th 2009 6:00 pm

As you may or may not know - we sent our application to London mid-June and havent recieved an AOR at all.
We emailed London to see if they could indeed confirm that the application was in-situ and this was their standard reply...

Thank you for your email.

A letter of Acknowledgement of Receipt is sent to the applicant within 24 weeks from the date this office receives the completed application for all permanent resident applications (except Family Class, Provincial Nominees, Arranged Employment and Quebec applications).

Our office is currently receiving a high volume of applications and it can take several weeks for a file to be created in our office and to appear in our electronic records. We cannot confirm or deny the existence of an application in our records at this time.

In addition to confirming whether or not your application has been delivered to our office, you may wish to contact the bank that issued your bank draft to see if the draft has been cashed by our office. If it has, please rest assured that the file has been received and you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt with the file number in due course.

Not sure where we stand now! We know the docs were received thanks to E-cas but seeing as all those arriving much later have had an acknowledgement it is a bit frustrating. Any suggestions?

purple80 Sep 25th 2009 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 7965149)
As you may or may not know - we sent our application to London mid-June and havent recieved an AOR at all.
We emailed London to see if they could indeed confirm that the application was in-situ and this was their standard reply...

A letter of Acknowledgement of Receipt is sent to the applicant within 24 weeks from the date this office receives the completed application for all permanent resident applications (except Family Class, Provincial Nominees, Arranged Employment and Quebec applications).

Our office is currently receiving a high volume of applications and it can take several weeks for a file to be created in our office and to appear in our electronic records. We cannot confirm or deny the existence of an application in our records at this time.

In addition to confirming whether or not your application has been delivered to our office, you may wish to contact the bank that issued your bank draft to see if the draft has been cashed by our office. If it has, please rest assured that the file has been received and you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt with the file number in due course.

Not sure where we stand now! We know the docs were received thanks to E-cas but seeing as all those arriving much later have had an acknowledgement it is a bit frustrating. Any suggestions?

None sorry hun, guess all you can do is wait?
Since sending your full application to London you have not had anything?
I would not worry to much, sure it will arrive soon. At least you know they have had the application.

joinerboy Sep 26th 2009 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7963835)
Hi Charlie

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin99
Now you have received your AOR keep a tab on your ecas once it says
' Your application was reviewed and we started processing on 'date' '
this means once they are satisfied with your supporting documents & points etc if applicable to your visa, your then on the way to receiving your med requests, my med request was about 7/8 weeks after my ecas changed.It may differ according to the individual applications but its a rough guide.
hope this helps
regards
Joinerboy:):)

Martin99 Sep 26th 2009 8:24 am

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7966455)
Hi Martin99
this means once they are satisfied with your supporting documents & points etc if applicable to your visa, your then on the way to receiving your med requests, my med request was about 7/8 weeks after my ecas changed.It may differ according to the individual applications but its a rough guide.
hope this helps
regards

That is very helpful advice as I did wonder how I would know whether or not they are happy with our points and eligibility. I will keep watching ECAS.

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Sep 26th 2009 8:30 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7964824)
Hi Martin,
Great news, are you in Canada or the UK? If your in the UK it will be interesting to see the differences time line wise from this point.

Do you have any idea what form the confirmation takes? I mean are we waiting on an email or a letter, and I suppose just getting med requests could be classed as confirmation? Just checked ECAS, no change..........

Charlie

Hi Charlie

My wife and I are in the UK. We are not in a hurry as we see this as a medium term move for us. I have a business to sell etc. Having said that, we would like to know that we are definitely eligible as soon as possible. This will enable us to make plans over here.

From reading the posts on here, I am not sure we actually receive a confirmation letter other than medical requests. No doubt, we will receive a rejection letter if they decide we are not eligible (awful thought!!).

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Sep 26th 2009 8:44 am

Originally Posted by EVA3695 (Post 7965149)

I think there is a good chance that your AOR letter has been lost in the post given that ECAS shows the documents being received. I would keep watching ECAS for a status change to indicate they have begun reviewing the file.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Sep 26th 2009 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7966455)
Hi Martin99
hope this helps
regards

Great information Joinerboy, thanks for that! It helps to know what we are all looking for.

Charlie

Martin99 Sep 28th 2009 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7964907)
Same here :(

I wonder how long it takes for ECAS to change status?

Cheers

Martin