British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

rach_woz99 Oct 5th 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Well I got a call from my mum yesterday,

She had her application returned as she had missed a line out grrr

So her timeline is send application mid July, it was stamped by Sydney 6th August, returned 3rd October along with uncashed bankers draft as incomplete.

So she starts again! Does anyone know if she just goes back to the bottom of the pile, or perhaps because she has to return the form saying what was wrong she will be moved to another pile (wishful thinking probably!!)

At this rate, the six months validity on the bankers draft will be up before they cash it :thumbdown:

At least she intends to send it back recorded, so at least she will know they even received it!

Thanks in advance,

burton bunch Oct 5th 2009 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by rach_woz99 (Post 7990676)

So her timeline is send application mid July, it was stamped by Sydney 6th August, returned 3rd October along with uncashed bankers draft as incomplete.

So she starts again! Does anyone know if she just goes back to the bottom of the pile, or perhaps because she has to return the form saying what was wrong she will be moved to another pile (wishful thinking probably!!)

At this rate, the six months validity on the bankers draft will be up before they cash it :thumbdown:

At least she intends to send it back recorded, so at least she will know they even received it!

Thanks in advance,

Similar happened to me.

Originally sent April 09 returned to me within a few weeks and then back to CIS - NS in early June. 120 email August 13th Info sent to London Sept 1st no response as yet :cry_smile:

chanceUK Oct 5th 2009 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7990678)
Similar happened to me.

Originally sent April 09 returned to me within a few weeks and then back to CIS - NS in early June. 120 email August 13th Info sent to London Sept 1st no response as yet :cry_smile:

no response for me either Burton

burton bunch Oct 5th 2009 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by chanceUK (Post 7990690)
no response for me either Burton

Yay - someone who submitted the same day as me.

Have been told by the local immigration lawyer that it could take up to 12 months definitely for those of us who have had to go via Sydney NS.

One valid point that this guy did bring up was why on earth was our file transferred to London UK and not sent to Buffalo with us already being in Canada as from what he was saying London is that busy they cannot expedite TWP to PR applications :frown:

Miss Clinique Oct 5th 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7990698)
Yay - someone who submitted the same day as me.

Have been told by the local immigration lawyer that it could take up to 12 months definitely for those of us who have had to go via Sydney NS.

One valid point that this guy did bring up was why on earth was our file transferred to London UK and not sent to Buffalo with us already being in Canada as from what he was saying London is that busy they cannot expedite TWP to PR applications :frown:

We are useing an immigration lawyer. He told us that our file would go to London once it come back from sydney. Is that not correct? should it go to Buffalo? I dont have much faith in this guy, but he his the one my husbands company uses!!:ohmy:

PMM Oct 5th 2009 5:55 pm

HI

Thanks in advance,

Bottom of the pile.

PMM Oct 5th 2009 5:56 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Miss Clinque (Post 7990771)
We are useing an immigration lawyer. He told us that our file would go to London once it come back from sydney. Is that not correct? should it go to Buffalo? I dont have much faith in this guy, but he his the one my husbands company uses!!:ohmy:

1. What overseas processing office did you select? That is where it will go.
2. If you selected Buffalo, you have had to be admitted to Canada for 1 year to be eligible to use Buffalo

Martin99 Oct 5th 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks in advance,

Same happened to me and it went to the bottom of the pile!!!

Cheers

Martin

Miss Clinique Oct 5th 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 7991097)
Hi

1. What overseas processing office did you select? That is where it will go.
2. If you selected Buffalo, you have had to be admitted to Canada for 1 year to be eligible to use Buffalo

Not sure which office was selected, I presume the lawyer choose London as we have only been here 5 months.

Thanks for you reply.

purple80 Oct 6th 2009 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7990219)
Hi Charlie
Any change on your ECAS record yet?
Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,
Ecas updated today....

We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 2, 2009.

Another small hurdle
Charlie

joinerboy Oct 6th 2009 7:42 am

Hi Charlie
:fingerscrossed: your med requests will be next
regards
Joinerboy:)

Martin99 Oct 6th 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 7992387)

Hi Martin,
Ecas updated today....

We received your application for permanent residence on May 12, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 15, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.
We transferred your application to the London England office on July 20, 2009. The London England office may contact you.
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 2, 2009.

Another small hurdle
Charlie

You are on your way, Charlie!

Just checked mine. No change. If all goes to plan, mine should update next week.

Cheers

Martin

purple80 Oct 6th 2009 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by joinerboy (Post 7992835)
Hi Charlie
:fingerscrossed: your med requests will be next
regards
Joinerboy:)

Mmmmm, early Christmas present maybe...

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7992938)
You are on your way, Charlie!

Just checked mine. No change. If all goes to plan, mine should update next week.

Cheers

Martin

Good luck

lpn Oct 6th 2009 7:50 pm

hi to everyone, when is proof of funds actually needed? a.) in sydney cio?
b.) buffalo? c.) before medical? d.) after medical? :confused:

EVA3695 Oct 6th 2009 8:28 pm

Charlie - great news - I checked my E-cas having still not recieved an AOR and they started processing my application 28th Sep 2009 - so a few short days ahead of yours......!
Wooooooooo-hoooooooooooooo.
Also, I have my first job interview in 30 mins. Today could be a lucky day! :thumbsup: