British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

burton bunch Aug 5th 2009 2:11 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
I am early June and not heard a thing:frown:

Martin99 Aug 5th 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7815298)
I am early June and not heard a thing:frown:

Thanks, Gaynor. Have they cashed your draft?

burton bunch Aug 5th 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7815371)
Thanks, Gaynor. Have they cashed your draft?

Havent checked that one - if we dont hear by this weekend then we will check it out next monday for sure.

zippadydoda Aug 6th 2009 3:07 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 7815298)
I am early June and not heard a thing:frown:

We are June 14th and they cashed bankers draft 17th July. Still not heard anything!:thumbdown:

purple80 Aug 7th 2009 2:10 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Our full application left for CHC today! Now the nail biting seriously begins!

J2FCM Aug 7th 2009 2:23 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Hope it gets through the 3-day mail strike, and the subsequent backlog (they are not paying overtime anymore to catch up after a strike!) Over 75% of inland mail used to go through London hubs. Don't know what the percentage is now though!?

Martin99 Aug 7th 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by zippadydoda (Post 7816672)
We are June 14th and they cashed bankers draft 17th July. Still not heard anything!:thumbdown:

Mine was cashed around the same time. Do you know if that means anything other than that they have received the application? Do they cash those applications which they intend to reject as well? Maybe, I am being optimistic?

PMM Aug 7th 2009 8:28 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Hi


Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7822045)
Mine was cashed around the same time. Do you know if that means anything other than that they have received the application? Do they cash those applications which they intend to reject as well? Maybe, I am being optimistic?


The first that is done is the package is opened, the payment is processed, before anything else.

Martin99 Aug 8th 2009 7:44 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 7823106)
Hi




The first that is done is the package is opened, the payment is processed, before anything else.

Thanks.

So if they reject you then they must send a fresh cheque/draft back rather than returning the original?

samjr400 Aug 8th 2009 8:23 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Ours was received on May 14th and we havent heard!!! Although they have cashed the draft which is an improvement on our February application !!! The one that disappeared at Sydney!!!!

Our forms have are all ready just for the next stage as soon as we get this back. :fingerscrossed:

Martin99 Aug 9th 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by samjr400 (Post 7824057)
Ours was received on May 14th and we havent heard!!! Although they have cashed the draft which is an improvement on our February application !!! The one that disappeared at Sydney!!!!

Our forms have are all ready just for the next stage as soon as we get this back. :fingerscrossed:

Things have really slowed down in Sydney. Must be the holidays!!

shishinfo Aug 9th 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7770768)
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!:frown:

Martin99 Aug 10th 2009 8:05 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by shishinfo (Post 7827195)
I sent my application by Parcel Force to CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia on 16th June. I tracked on the Parcel Force website and discovered that they received it on 22nd June. This is 9th August - 6 weeks have already elapsed since they received it, still no 'acknowledgement' from their side. I will wait till the end of 8th week and if I do not hear till then, I will call them up!:frown:

I also used Parcel Force and tracked the delivery. I suspect that the issue is simply that they are receiving more applications. Others on this site appear not to have heard even though their applications were received in May so I think we simply have to wait I know how hard that is!!!

Glam Aug 10th 2009 9:38 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 7770768)
I would be grateful to hear of others' actual experience of the timeline between making an application to the CIO in Sydney, NS and receiving the email acknowledgement. I have followed previous posts and the Trackitt information but there does not yet appear to be much precedent information to assess the efficiency of the new system.

My own FSW application pack was received by the CIO on 17 June, 2009. As yet, I have heard nothing. It would be good to hear how other people are doing with applications submitted in say May and June this year.

Cheers

Martin

Same, they received it on the 26th June. Not heard anything yet.

joepublic Aug 10th 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS
 
Received my 120-day email today :thumbup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:17 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.